Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first game where MM had 2 good red flags go. W's allow alot to be forgotten, but lets not forget that this game is O.V.E.R. had we put up ANY of the 3 RZ trips that ended with zero points, and given Crosby the shot for 50.

I rag on Crosby a LOT, but to give him NO shots shows just how little confidence you have in his leg. AND: we did not convert ANY of those "within" FG range tries.

To me that = 12 point attempts left on the board (2 Fgs, 2 INTs) at worst, 6 "gimme" FG points from within the RZ, a TO at the 10, and a Fake FG/ P/ Whatever that would have been AMAZING had he landed it.

At a min, we left 3 scoring drives on the field with no points. Lets not call it a great game by anny means for MM. Lets just say he showed some guts for the first time moreso than he EVER has before.

Two of those scoring drives ended up as ints. Not sure how you fault MM for that.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
After the Packers beating Farve in his last visit to Lambeau as a player. I'd say that gets him another year as HC in my book. Although I wish he wasn't so predictable on some plays.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For one he could've stopped calling hook routes that we were CLEARLY miscommunicating on every time.

Lol, those wasn't hook route there back shoulder fade route communicated between the qb and the wr they wasn't on the same page. Don't blame mm for those.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I can't believe the "fire McCarthy" talk has started already. TT is the problem, not McCarthy! If you think McCarthy has any power as a head coach, your from another planet. If TT got rid of McCarthy, he would replace him with another coach that he could control. Sean Payton really wanted the job and was passed up in favor of McCarthy. Saint fans should have TT on their Christmas list. Talk has already started that some coaches and players are questioning what TT is doing.

As I sit here basking in the glow of the Packers winning the Superbowl, I have to wonder if the foot from this guy was ever successfully extracted from his mouth?

What do they call that, an insolectomy?

Reaction score
I would not fire him in the middle of the season. That would be utter madness! Might as well kiss this season goodbye and focus on next season.

Haha you have to love midseason drama. Also, I notice the people really hating on MM don't come on here during the offseason. They must be embarrassed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha you have to love midseason drama. Also, I notice the people really hating on MM don't come on here during the offseason. They must be embarrassed.
I hated on him and I'm here, so...

It's probably just me, but the way I see it, MM is his mentor in contrary.
Remember Marty Schottenheimer? One of the best regular-season coaches. But a total failure in playoffs. He got confused, his team got unprepared, and they always played inferior to how they performed during regular season.

If you watch the entire time MM has been here, in the regular season and in the postseason, even in 07, 09 and now in 10, it's different. MM identifies quickly what's working and sticks with it. He calls great plays and doesn't get lost in his challenges and clock management.

I still believe I was right in my "diagnosis" (but could very well be wrong) of all the things MM struggled with in the regular season, but was ultimately wrong in my conclusion. Quite frankly, I panicked. He corrected almost all his mistakes in the playoffs (maybe the sense of all or nothing game changed his approach; during the regular season, he has to stabilish a team identity, whereas in the playoffs he has to win), and with all his qualities that he already showed in the regular season, made him a great postseason HC, with amazing timing, huge guts (onside kick on AZ game anyone?) and great feel for his team.

Or, as I said, he was that all along and I and alot of others were simply wrong.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, please, please stop thinking Starks will do anything this year. The guy hasn't seen live contact since early 2009. He sat out his entire senior season and preseason. The guy has had no contact in a looong time.

Does this count as something?

NFL Videos: RB Starks, 19-yd, run

From what I remember, he had at least 3 of these in the wild card game, where he got around 123 yards.

Is it his fault of that stuff happened?:banghead: YES!!!!!!!!!!! Its called discipline, and since MM has been in here we have been one of the most penalized teams in the NFL, all of those things that you listed are because we dont have discipline! You dont think Bill Cowher wouldnt love to come to Legendary GB and coach? At least then we would know our players would be playing with discipline!

http://blogs.bettor.com/Green-Bay-Packers-clamp-down-on-penalties-a52591

http://www.thehawkeye.com/story/BC-FBN--Penalty-Free-Packers-1st-Ld-Writethru

Reaction score
Just goes to show that the idiots that complain about Coaches/Teams/Players/QBs not being clutch under pressure need to include themselves in that list...

if our fans were more clutch during tough times (08-favre thing) (09-vs vikings) (2010-injuries), we'd be free of really really really dumb threads.

Grow some B***z!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts