Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

cryptic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it MM fault that Donald Driver dropped four passes (or was it three)? No (he is a veteran player and needs to make those catches)
Is it MM fault that Donald Lee fumbled on the first drive? No (also a veteran, just needs to work on ball security)
Is it MM fault that Charles Woodson had penalties on the game losing drives of both losses (WAS and CHI) that gave opponents automatic first downs? No (another veteran - he plays such physical football that something like that is going to be called). Penalties are often associated with coaching, but when it is a veteran player (Woodson, Tauscher, etc.) they need to know better???
Is it MM fault that Aaron Rodgers threw the overtime INT that led to a game-winning FG? No (a punt would have been better than a forced throw)

In my humble opinion, the answers to these questions is yes. He is the coach, it is his responsibility to have his team focused, disciplined and ready to play each week. I see none of these things happening, even when we do play great, it will only be for a quarter or two.

It is also his job to light a fire under their butts and get them emotionally fired up, and again this is not happening.

With that said, I think they should wait till after the season is over to get rid of him. Firing a coach early in the season isn't good form.

As for new coaches, personally I would love to see Bill Cowher come out of retirement and come to Green Bay, I think he would be a great match for our organization. I'm sure it won't happen, but would be cool if it did!
Just my 2 cents.

Edit:Cowher, not Cower!

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Dont talk about firing the Head Coach in the Middle of a season.

After Week 17 then we will talk.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike mccarthy is who drives the guys. you people are blaming him for everything. we're still 3-2, yes the bills suck, but the lions are alot better than advertized this year. 44 points even if it is the rams is still impressive. theyre going to win games and by the end of the year that win wont look so bad. the chicago game was penalty city, nothing mccarthy or anyone could have done there, they were out to call anything and everything they saw on us. the redskins game was the result of too many injuries piling up. yes the playcalling appeared to get worse, but to be entirely honest i dont think it changed much from the first quarter.

you know what did change? chad clifton. if you rewatch it, during hte 1st quarter there was hardly any pressure on clifton, after that he seemed to become a spinning turnstyle. he needs to go. this week. and alot of offensive problems will be solved. at least with lang at RT rodgers (gasp flynn) can see when hes getting rushed. while i give him a teensy bit of leeway considering our top 2 TEs were down and not there to assist with chips and stuff on orakpo, he still played poorly, along with colledge. scott wells got blown up on the failed QB sneak for a TD. about the only guys who have done well are sitton and bulaga. wells has just been decent.

we went deep alot and exposed their secondary in the early game, then the pressure got on and they couldnt as much. then the receiving corps dropped SIX PASSES. they had FOUR, THE ENTIRE YEAR. i dont even know what to say there. aaron had great throws, but they went for naught because the people dropped passes they usually haul in easily. that is why we sputtered out at the end of the first half early third. after that clifton was just getting beat more and more, and finley the safety valve was gone.

the D played excellently, until matthews went out. then the dam broke. we just had too many injuries at that point and without matthews there was not enough pressure to the force bad throws that we been had all game. straw breaking the camel's back per se. this is evidenced by the ability to stop them once we put the pressure on no holds barred at the end. then he made more mistakes. i just wish they hadnt put tramon on that old geezer galloway and let him cover moss or the other kid who kept making catches. now THAT is a stupid coaching mistake.

at the post game press conference im pretty sure mccarthy was this close || to crying as he listed off the names on the injury report. it really hurt me too. thats the heart and soul of the team. although aaron wasnt hurt til the end, that really beats on you as a coach because people will expect you to answer for that as a coach and you really cant have an answer, except **** happens.

i honestly love the job mccarthy has done here overall, and continues to do. lets see any other coach work through half of the starting lineup and many key backups being lost to injuries and still put together a coherent gameplan and compete week to week. not to say ive never been critical, but he at least shows that he is willing to make changes to the offense if something is not working, i.e. the amssive passing attack with no run game. you say blah blah 71 yard run, well yea, law of probability states it would happen eventually, he didnt do much else the rest of the game. i dont know what was wrong with the receivers we can only pray they get themselves figured out. i honestly think aaron played amazingly yesterday, and was a victim of the rest of the team falling apart around him.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If those who are calling for McCarthy's head had ever coached a game, even at the pee wee level, they would understand a lot more than they demonstrate by thier fair weather posts. Holy cow, it's only week 5 (11 more to come) and we are only a game out of the division lead. I HAVE coached and can tell you it is very tough to change a game plan midstream when you start suffering injuries. McCarthy is not the problem (although I am not his biggest fan). Yesterday our recievers, discipline (again), and special teams let us down. Way too early for this kind of talk folks, lighten up, there's a lot of football left.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was an assistant coach for a highschool team that had 3 straight undefeated seasons and 3 state championships and i can tell you that yes it is the coaches fault.. no its not easy making adjustments but as a HEAD COACH IT IS YOUR FRIGGIN JOB TO DO SO.. your a coach in the NFL, its something you have to be able to do.. i was coaching at 18 and i could do it.. granted it was highschool but come on now.. ive never been around a losing team because i dont allow that ******** to happen.. mike has to grab this team by the ******* BALLS and take control.. / rant

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Spanish.... a team reflects it's coach. This is for almost all sports. Keep making those excuses for McNugget and we'll have a nice post season free season.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'll officially start the bring in Steve Mariucci bandwagon... let me throw some numbers out there for you.

With the 49ers he had a winning percentage of .594. Granted half of his time was spent with Steve young as his QB and 5/6ths of it had Jerry Rice on the roster. That also means that Jeff Garcia and no significant running back was there for him for most of the time there. He went 3 and 4 in the playoffs.

His time with Detroit wasn't as great, but he put the best team he could on the field. Don't forget he had Matt Millen as his GM. Joey Harrington as his QB. Even with his team not being talented... he had a winning percentage of .349...that isn't that bad when you consider what coaches have done for Detroit since.

He loves the game and is still on NFL Network. He has coached HOFers, headaches (TO), and successful teams. If there is a coaching change made (which I am not necessarily suggesting), then why not Mariucci. He was a QB coach in GB for four seasons.

At this point, I am just suggesting a name. But I would be really happy to see Mooch back in Green and Gold.
I heard Cowher wants back into the NFL.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'd fire McCarthy for Cowher.

I feel like this team could use a good kick in the ***.

Problem is, we'd probably have to fire Ted too and give Cowher the reigns to everything. Do we want to do that?

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rose, not that I don't believe you were a high school assistant but that's the kind of talk we hear from wannabes all the time. A head football coach knows that kind of talk is for the movies and not very applicable to real life coaching. But good on you if you did all that stuff. True enough the head coach bears the responsibility and I think Mike has been admitting that too. Just saying it is too early to get all worked up given the injury situation. Still think the team will be alright, figured they'd lose four or five this year anyway (could win the division with six losses I think).

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rose, not that I don't believe you were a high school assistant but that's the kind of talk we hear from wannabes all the time. A head football coach knows that kind of talk is for the movies and not very applicable to real life coaching. But good on you if you did all that stuff. True enough the head coach bears the responsibility and I think Mike has been admitting that too. Just saying it is too early to get all worked up given the injury situation. Still think the team will be alright, figured they'd lose four or five this year anyway (could win the division with six losses I think).
rex ryan seems to be doing well in NY wouldnt you agree? and i believe he was a pretty darn good d coordinator in baltimore no? everyone has their own style of coaching, i wouldnt really call mine being a wannabee.. it seemed to work out pretty well while i was there, but hey to each their own... yes i agree it is still early and hopefully he figures out a way to get it done.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Blame no one, make no excuses, do something!" The imortal words of the Big Tuna never rang more true than they do today for Coach. Time to do something! You're obviously not going to get any help from TT - he fancies himself a drafter, not a mid-season fixer. So Coach, do something. Inspire your team. Get them to man up, grow a pair and get it done. None of this "that was helmet to helmet contact on that hit" crap. Take the hand you've been dealt and go out and play 60 minutes of inspired football. That's what you're getting paid to do. Gut check time for everyone, Coach included. Anyone that doesn't want to grow a pair and stap it on for next week's game doesn't have to suit up. Don't go out there with 45. Hell, get some guys to play both sides of the ball. Whatever you've got to do, just get it done. What a bunch of *******.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is mini me

sorry this is my first post..MM is mini of norv turner SD coach. im a packer fan all the way back to the 60s, and went to super bowl I in LA.. to see what the packer FUTURE looks like look at the Chargers, norv turner will never win anything, he has wasted huge talent. now they are on the down fall. issues 1. no disapline, up there in penalties every year. 2. halftime adjustments suck. 3. cant manage the clock 4. no killer instinct. cannot close out. 5. bottom line cant win the big game. I DO NOT WANT TO WASTE OUR TALENT!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
i was an assistant coach for a highschool team that had 3 straight undefeated seasons and 3 state championships and i can tell you that yes it is the coaches fault.. no its not easy making adjustments but as a HEAD COACH IT IS YOUR FRIGGIN JOB TO DO SO.. your a coach in the NFL, its something you have to be able to do.. i was coaching at 18 and i could do it.. granted it was highschool but come on now.. ive never been around a losing team because i dont allow that ******** to happen.. mike has to grab this team by the ******* BALLS and take control.. / rant

In Florida?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if MM should be fired but not letting Mason go out there on 4th and goal to make an easy chip shot was a big mistake and I think that's what cost the Pack the game.
Those easy 3 points would have won it for them. Period.

And I think that MM should enforce more team discipline if he hasn't already.
It's supposed to be a different team than last year, but with the penalties and an O line falling apart, it seems like it's still 2009.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowher would have everyone's nuts in a vice. It wouldn't be pretty but he'd get the job done. If I had to pick a replacement, it would be him. I agree with Jess, Ted would have to go too as Cowher would demand total domination.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cowher is the exact opposite coach from what we need. cowher is a running game, defense guy. we HAVE the defense guy. capers is great. we have no running game and we have a top passing game. cowher doesnt coach that. he coaches pound the run. something that whether grant is in or not we all bmon because of its ineptitude.

yes hes a great coach but putting them into a team built in a completely different manner will only make things worse.

mccarthy is a good coach, he has a few faults but who doesnt?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Cowher would have everyone's nuts in a vice. It wouldn't be pretty but he'd get the job done. If I had to pick a replacement, it would be him. I agree with Jess, Ted would have to go too as Cowher would demand total domination.

We have the wrong personnel for a Cowher offense. Cowher already said he'd like to go to a south east team near his home and he hinted at the Giants as well.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is why we need Mariucci... MOOCH MOOCH MOOCH MOOCH... offense offense offense

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Dont talk about firing the Head Coach in the Middle of a season.

After Week 17 then we will talk.

Why would we discuss firing McCarthy during the bye week when the Packer organization will be resting and waiting to see who they will play? That would be horrible timing! :wink2:

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McCarthy, but he needs to hand off the offensive play-calling to Philbin. We spread the field and marched up and down the field at will. As soon as we had a small lead, McCarthy went conservative and the offense came to a shrieking halt. There's no mercy in this league, Mike. When you've got your foot on the opponent's neck, you keep it there and take ALL of the life out of them.

Capers also needs a kick in the ***. The entire time we brought pressure, McNabb didn't know whether to **** or go blind. He did nothing against us. When Matthews went out, it wasn't that we couldn't bring pressure, it was that we didn't even try to bring pressure. Play after play, no blitzes, and McNabb picked us apart.

We only brought pressure again right at the end when Gruden was begging them to do so from the booth. And again, Mcnabb had nothing for it. Our defense was right back to kicking Washington's ***. Sadly, Rodgers threw the pick that ended it. But had we stayed aggressive, on both sides of the ball, we never would have gone to OT. We'd have put the kind of beating on 'em that sends a message to everybody.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Throw MM in the funny farm.

I don't have any faith in MM any more. Things are not changing quickly enough and the same mistakes are being repeated over and over again.

He and Ted should have had a much much better O-line by now to protect A-Rod.
Do you think that idiot FINALLY got the message now that the starting QB may not play?
Or are we going to continue to see a crumbling O-Line like last year?
I fear the latter.

Before the season started the Pack were being thought of as contenders.
Now they are starting to look like the underdogs.
They need to be thought of as contenders each and every time they play.
If not, then they don't have to fire MM now but they should seriously consider it if the same mistakes are going to continue and the team doesn't begin to win against better teams.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd fire McCarthy for Cowher.

I feel like this team could use a good kick in the ***.

Problem is, we'd probably have to fire Ted too and give Cowher the reigns to everything. Do we want to do that?
Whatever it takes to win I'm fine with.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.
Throw MM in the funny farm.

I don't have any faith in MM any more. Things are not changing quickly enough and the same mistakes are being repeated over and over again.

He and Ted should have had a much much better O-line by now to protect A-Rod.
Do you think that idiot FINALLY got the message now that the starting QB may not play?
Or are we going to continue to see a crumbling O-Line like last year?
I fear the latter.

Before the season started the Pack were being thought of as contenders.
Now they are starting to look like the underdogs.
They need to be thought of as contenders each and every time they play.
If not, then they don't have to fire MM now but they should seriously consider it if the same mistakes are going to continue and the team doesn't begin to win against better teams.
EXACTLY... everyone seems so inclined that he's going to get it done, this, that and the other thing blah blah blah.. but its been what, 5 or 6 seasons already, and he's repeatedly making the same mistakes week after week, season after season.. its seems like we have the same problems year after year, yet people still would put their life on him being able to fix it.. im not so sure of it, he should have had this problem solved by last year

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the offense produced 157 yards of offense on the ground, the rushing attempts was 17 total, we were averaging over 9 yards a carry! 4 of those 17 attempts was Rodgers!!! MM preaches balance in his offense. BS! Who does he think he is, does he not know how to use his own personnel? This is his 5th season! FIFTH!!! You know what's sad, Sanchez of the JETS looked like garbage in the preseason, Rodgers was "lights out" in the preseason, now look at us?! MM learn how to run your own offense...I said it once before, I want MM out if his trendy predictable play calling continues, I want GRUDEN!

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the offense produced 157 yards of offense on the ground, the rushing attempts was 17 total, we were averaging over 9 yards a carry! 4 of those 17 attempts was Rodgers!!! MM preaches balance in his offense. BS! Who does he think he is, does he not know how to use his own personnel? This is his 5th season! FIFTH!!! You know what's sad, Sanchez of the JETS looked like garbage in the preseason, Rodgers was "lights out" in the preseason, now look at us?! MM learn how to run your own offense...I said it once before, I want MM out if his trendy predictable play calling continues, I want GRUDEN!
its unacceptable with the team we have.. boy i wish i was in the locker room after that game, i would have ripped them a new one, you better believe that lol. I dont accept play like that EVER.. GRUDEN FTW!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts