Fire mike mccarthy now !!!!!!! ?????

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So now people know that MM never goes off on people behind closed doors?

I am willing to bet he lays wood when needed....He just dosnt do it in public to often

HINT

Training camp, more than once the F word was heard very loud to players for all the audible to hear and see..

But also know Finleys rookie season he was smarting off to the press? I have knowledge that MM brought him in to his office and explained to him not to do that anymore, in his best Al Capone imitation
He said the F word? I use that word every day. A lot.

I want to see him getting in players faces when necessary. I remember Holmgren ******* Bill Schroeder. Or even Brett Favre, for that matter. I think it made them better players.

I've never seen this out of McCarthy, and I think the team needs somebody like this (sorry for the huge picture):
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
He said the F word? I use that word every day. A lot.

I want to see him getting in players faces when necessary. I remember Holmgren ******* Bill Schroeder. Or even Brett Favre, for that matter. I think it made them better players.

I've never seen this out of McCarthy, and I think the team needs somebody like this

this reminds me of when my coach in high school would be all like "wood chipper i need you to catch the ball with your hands before you run down the field" as a 17 year old i smarted off saying "sorry coach i grew up in a house where men were tought to not touch nor look at balls"

needless to say the bench became my buddy for the rest of the game

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...I've never seen this out of McCarthy, and I think the team needs somebody like this (sorry for the huge picture):

Great photo, Jess. Perfectly illustrates your point that the ideal coach is the guy who is CLEARLY in charge and occasionally needs to enforce it.

Brett looks like he about to fill his pants. He probably still went out and threw a game-ending INT, though.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while I was never sold on MM I always figured keep him on as his overall record was excellent. But now I am starting to wonder if we are wasting talent with MM at the helm. I will ask someone on the staff what they think of MM and what the players think.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
while I was never sold on MM I always figured keep him on as his overall record was excellent. But now I am starting to wonder if we are wasting talent with MM at the helm. I will ask someone on the staff what they think of MM and what the players think.
Exactly my line of thought. Didn't like MM as a coach (fantastic QB coach and good/great OC). But the team was cohesive, was playing well and winning.

Now, to my understanding, the coach performance, not only in team preparation, but specially in playcalling, is greatly impairing the team.

Gweenz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM really isn't much different than other NFL coaches. For the most part they all do things by the same book, and often their destinies are determined by things out of their control. Maybe half their team gets injured, maybe an opposing player has an unbelievable game, a fluke fumble here and there wins and/or loses games. These things tend to even out over a coaches career (if it lasts long enough), and that coaches future is sometimes based on these fluke occurances, for better or worse.

After 5 years MM's successes and failures can no longer be attributed to flukes, even if they are the cause. That sounds contradictory, but it's not. Ultimately the head coach must take the blame for the overall direction of the organization. While it's hard (but not impossible) to blame injuries on the coaching staff, I think it's obvious that there are things going on in the franchise that could and should be fixed. For example, and you can go back to the Holmgren days on this one, the Packers are notorious for not squashing opponents and putting them away. This is the NFL, not college. You don't scare the other team and their talent level is probably very close to yours no matter who you are playing. Write this down, and watch it for yourself: Every time the Packers have a 7 point or more lead, and a 3rd down comes up, they will run the ball, throw a screen, or throw a slant short of the first down. EVERY. TIME. That is the coach effectively telling his players that he does not trust them to not turn the ball over. You have one of the greatest young QB's in the league and easily the best receiving core, but MM does not use their potential. After the other team comes back and takes the lead you see the Packers scrambling to try to turn it back on. Remember all those fourth quarter Favre INT's? Many of those were made in a desperate move to try to take back the momentum.

MM has to go for the same reason Ned Yost was canned. You can't waste young talent even if it's ultimately not entirely your fault.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So now people know that MM never goes off on people behind closed doors?

I am willing to bet he lays wood when needed....He just dosnt do it in public to often

HINT

Training camp, more than once the F word was heard very loud to players for all the audible to hear and see..

But also know Finleys rookie season he was smarting off to the press? I have knowledge that MM brought him in to his office and explained to him not to do that anymore, in his best Al Capone imitation
i dont think anybody knows what hes doing behind close doors but i think most can agree it aint working now is it?

You want him in the face of a player on the field?

Keep wishing
yes, thats exactly what i want.. when i would see my players make the same mistake more than once, i would grab them by the ******* facemask and have a little chat with them.. needless to say they wouldnt make the same mistake anymore.. also we are talkin highschool kids here, one would think they wouldnt respond so well to yelling because, well, they are highschool kids.. and when i played i know i HATED being called out by a coach so i wouldnt let it happen.. im not sayin that it would definately work or he should do it, but as i stated before, whatever he is doing now isnt cutting it.

Majik

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Parcells just moved out of the Dolphins' stadium. Maybe that means he's on the market to coach one more time. Man, wouldn't that be awesome?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont think anybody knows what hes doing behind close doors but i think most can agree it aint working now is it?

yes, thats exactly what i want.. when i would see my players make the same mistake more than once, i would grab them by the ******* facemask and have a little chat with them.. needless to say they wouldnt make the same mistake anymore.. also we are talkin highschool kids here, one would think they wouldnt respond so well to yelling because, well, they are highschool kids.. and when i played i know i HATED being called out by a coach so i wouldnt let it happen.. im not sayin that it would definately work or he should do it, but as i stated before, whatever he is doing now isnt cutting it.

No one is debating you or anyone that what he is doing doesnt work..

But he wont start now, so keep wishing for it to happen

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, no.
1998 is the last year that Parcells won a playoff game for a team he was associated with. Thats 10 years combined with Miami, Dallas, and the Jets. This guy is living off his Giants and Patriot legacy far too long.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill Cowher then? Well, it took him 14 years to win a SB with the Steelers. There were posters wanting to fire MM after his first game. You think they have the patience to stick with a coach for 14 years?

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, how many MORE years do we need to give TT and MM the benefit of the doubt? I am just curious because this came up last year too. I believe MANY people said this year should show us exactly who we have running the team.

So, do they get another year to perform...3 more years to perform..10 more years?

I personally think we have collected more than enough data on these 2 to make an informed decision.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one is debating you or anyone that what he is doing doesnt work..

But he wont start now, so keep wishing for it to happen
ohh yea without a doubt, its just not his style of coaching and hes been in the game too long to change his style now

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think the Packers need Parcells, Gruden or Cowher.

after the season i want mccarthy FIRED

then

I want the Packers to hire defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier from Minnesota as our new head coach....
i want the Packers to promote offensive coordinator Joe Philbin to actually be the offensive coordinator
or bring in another up and coming offensive coordinator in NFL....

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
lets do a clean house and fire everyone and get all brand new coordinators and coaches and start fresh

Therran D

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "fire McCarthy" discussions ironically started last season, when we had that slow start (remember Tampa Bay?). Look, I agree with some that firing him now wouldn't be the best idea, but we've GOTS to relieve him of the play-calling duties. One play in mind: 4 and 1 against the 'Skins two Sundays ago. Why playaction? SOOOO predictable...spread'em out, and let A-Rod use his legs to make a play. He needs to better utilize our weapons, period. And yes, we STILL have a few (just don't throw the ball to Jordy).

Jordan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can pick apart the million issues we have. But it all comes back to us having no discipline. You think that would be the same if Gruden or Cowher was in GB? I am not saying they are the answer, BUT, how long is GB organization going to let this slide? When all of the great talent we have now moves on or retires? Then do something about it?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can pick apart the million issues we have. But it all comes back to us having no discipline. You think that would be the same if Gruden or Cowher was in GB? I am not saying they are the answer, BUT, how long is GB organization going to let this slide? When all of the great talent we have now moves on or retires? Then do something about it?
For Gruden, at the end of his tenure in Tampa, the players didn't even listen to him.
Right now (as I did last year, after the TB game), I'd rather have him than McCarthy.

But Gruden has failed miserably before, with the same errors that MM is showing.

One thing in favor of Gruden, he's as much of a QB coach as MM is, and the scheme he runs is essencially the same as MM, so the dropoff in that dept would be minimal.

In the end, it's all about the players. Do they still believe in MM? Do they support him? If they do, if they're willing to play for him, he should stay.

If not, well...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ultimately it's the players job to play. You can only point out the collective errors and missteps so much before the onus has to be put on the players to perform as expected. It's not like MM is *asking* the players to remain undisciplined. I have no doubt in my mind that he's pointing out the mistakes and harping on these things in meetings and in practice.

But in the end, it's the players who need to execute. I don't think firing MM and TT will change that.

As for how long we keep these guys, I would give MM one more year. This year is riddled with injury, and frankly, a coach can only do so much with 2nd and 3rd string talent. Besides, the players have said repeatedly that the mistakes are theirs, not MM's. We the fans criticize the play calling, but it's the players who are dropping passes, missing blocks or taking sacks when there's a dump off right in front of you that could go for a first down. I think we can all agree that our offense has been flat all season long while our defense has done an admirable job of keeping us in the game. It's natural to blame the coach, but looking at it further, you realize the offensive players aren't performing as expected.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm

Gruden + Greenbay = Chucky Cheese :happy0005:

Mm is a good coach I think your just saying gruden because he's more in he public eye and he seems line a likable guy. That supe bowl ring that gruden has is made from a premade team. Not his draft choices. That's just IMO.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
1. Why is MM such a good coach? What has he done that Gruden hasn't? Other than develop Rodgers, I haven't seen much. I'm just curious. I understand the "give him the rest of the year argument," but I just don't see what he's done to be regarded as a good coach.

2. We have a premade team...we also have someone other than our head coach to make our draft choices.

Members online

Latest posts