Fire Mark Murphy?

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packer front office has done a good job, the team is always competitive and they've done well financially.

Just straighten out the Rodgers thing and we'll be just fine..

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think that he doesn't like the B.O.D.'s. They seem to have their voices heard at times..and even lashed back at the thought of a Will Fuller trade last year. Obviously it worked out for the best..but..what else are they sticking their into?

Reaction score
likewise, as players get older, contingency plans are made and most don't finish out big contracts. it's not like GB is doing anything dishonest or underhanded. Just par of the course. as for MM's comment, useless, yes. Detrimental? only if you want it to be and something like that is what even pushes Rodgers' needle to never playing here again, i guess it's good bye.
Yep. Again, throw $150mil guaranteed and Rodgers and Murphy will be primitive camping and roasting Marshmallows and feeding each other s’mores. Gute will be stealing firewood from the adjacent abandoned campsite and Matt will be planning out the next days adventures.
I guess you could say.. everyone’s a happy camper.

D

Deleted member 6794

He shouldn't be upset by it because im sure he hears far worse "real" insults during meaningless preseason games. Gotta have skin thick as a redwood tree

True, but there's a huge difference between an opposing player saying something compared to the president of your franchise.

I think the Packer front office has done a good job, the team is always competitive and they've done well financially.

The team has been mostly competitive because of Rodgers though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team has been mostly competitive because of Rodgers though.
I bet Picket, Woodson, Collins, Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Lacy, Finley, Sitton, Lang, BakhT, Linsley, Bulaga, Smith, Smith, Shields, Burnett, Peppers, Tramon, your favorite Crosby, etc all had something to do with it as well. Rodgers is good, he didn't do it alone. he also went 0-3 from the 8 in the championship game with a chance to tie it up. So,...

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet Picket, Woodson, Collins, Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Cobb, Lacy, Finley, Sitton, Lang, BakhT, Linsley, Bulaga, Smith, Smith, Shields, Burnett, Peppers, Tramon, your favorite Crosby, etc all had something to do with it as well. Rodgers is good, he didn't do it alone. he also went 0-3 from the 8 in the championship game with a chance to tie it up. So,...

Rodgers was by far the most important part of winning for the last decade. That 2010 team though, that was a whole lotta defense!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is by far one of the best players in the history of the entire NFL, of course he's had an influence. he still hasn't done it himself.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you not read my post??

why is it okay for rodgers to single out front office when mentioned who he loved. But mm tells a story its an issue?? You dont think MM and Gute heard that??

And like it or not, rodgers should be called out for that..or its okay because he is honest and is hurt???

As I stated ...both sides shouldnt say anything..
I never said mm was right...just related a story

Rodgers didn't single out the front office...he just said he loved his teammates his coaches and GB I think if I remember correctly...

Once again I never said Rodgers wasn't a baby etc, in fact you can go look back through my posts and find my opinion on Rodgers as a person...hint they haven't been shall we say, favorable.

However like Ive tried to explain Aaron Rodgers is a far better qb than Murphy is a president or Gute is a GM and it's not even close. At this point there's little to no chance that either Murphy or Gute develop into a guy who is better at their respective job than Rodgers is at his, agree?

Conclusion as a person who would like to see the Packers win...I value Rodgers far far more than Murphy and Gute. I think you can replace those guys and have a much better chance of finding a guy who's better than them. You get rid of Rodgers and you may NEVER find a guy who is better EVER

And for the record I'm a fan of Jordan Love

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jason has a good relationship with aaron and I would trust his opinion over a ton of media people
Well we agree on one thing Wilde is legit...and Jason agrees with me. That's what I've been saying it's just some stupid sht that you don't do because there's no point. I've not said I thought Rodgers wanted to attack Murphy over it.

Just that he's shaking his head thinking is this guy for real... because it is what it is and what it is, is evidence that the Packers FO is difficult to deal with because they don't do things the right way

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't single out the front office...he just said he loved his teammates his coaches and GB I think if I remember correctly...

Once again I never said Rodgers wasn't a baby etc, in fact you can go look back through my posts and find my opinion on Rodgers as a person...hint they haven't been shall we say, favorable.

However like Ive tried to explain Aaron Rodgers is a far better qb than Murphy is a president or Gute is a GM and it's not even close. At this point there's little to no chance that either Murphy or Gute develop into a guy who is better at their respective job than Rodgers is at his, agree?

Conclusion as a person who would like to see the Packers win...I value Rodgers far far more than Murphy and Gute. I think you can replace those guys and have a much better chance of finding a guy who's better than them. You get rid of Rodgers and you may NEVER find a guy who is better EVER

And for the record I'm a fan of Jordan Love
yes he signgled out the fo by excluding them...come on..you know exactly what I was getting at.

You didnt answer the question. Why is it okay for him to give little side eye comments (by omitting the fo) unless your answer was he is qb, he is allowed?

But murphy is blasted? And for the record, James Jones said dont read into it, relax..

And Wilde wondered if Mark was just trying to be funny. Thought it doesnt bother Rodgers..

But He also didnt like the comment. And blasted Mark

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think AR believes being called a complicated fella is a compliment. I truly believe he enjoys being a complicated fella.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, he is a complicated fellow, it’s not new news.

We know and we've known since he came in as a rookie and told Favre he was gonna be better than him...go back and look at some of things I've posted about Rodgers as a person...I'm not a fan but as a football player... I agree with you he's one of the best in NFL history

My point is comments like that are in no way productive to resolving this situation...and I think we all want it resolved in a way that ends with Rodgers under center in September

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes he signgled out the fo by excluding them...come on..you know exactly what I was getting at.

You didnt answer the question. Why is it okay for him to give little side eye comments (by omitting the fo) unless your answer was he is qb, he is allowed?

But murphy is blasted? And for the record, James Jones said dont read into it, relax..

And Wilde wondered if Mark was just trying to be funny. Thought it doesnt bother Rodgers..

But He also didnt like the comment. And blasted Mark

No my answer is he's much better at his job than Murphy and Gute are at theirs thus I assign him more value when considering the Packers chances to win a SB...as for Wilde so yeah same as me I don't think Rodgers gives a *** about what Murphy and Gute say about him. I just think it shows what kind of bone head Mark Murphy is...and I'm sure that's what Rodgers thinks too. Murphy may very well have been trying to be funny but there's a time and place for that and this was neither especially when you're the president of the organization

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said, some people will choose to make this into something even though it’s nothing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No my answer is he's much better at his job than Murphy and Gute are at theirs thus I assign him more value when considering the Packers chances to win a SB...as for Wilde so yeah same as me I don't think Rodgers gives a *** about what Murphy and Gute say about him. I just think it shows what kind of bone head Mark Murphy is...and I'm sure that's what Rodgers thinks too. Murphy may very well have been trying to be funny but there's a time and place for that and this was neither especially when you're the president of the organization
So your answer is..yes he can slight the fo with side eye comments..

But fo cant?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My point is comments like that are in no way productive to resolving this situation..
And not including the fo as who he loves is okay?

Dont you understand? Both sides need to ****..

Both have said things ( either actual quotes of reports) that shouldnt been said

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Murphy's comment was dumb and unhelpful, it is getting all this publicity because in June we have nothing else to talk about with respect to the NFL.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So now aaron did a video chat and was sarcastic about a quiet off season.

And wore a im offended shirt.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And not including the fo as who he loves is okay?

Dont you understand? Both sides need to ****..

Both have said things ( either actual quotes of reports) that shouldnt been said

Rodgers now wore an I'm offended t-shirt for an interview...can only go off actual quotes because no way to know what reports are truth...and again when Murphy as good as a team president as Rodgers is a nfl player I'll agree with you that both sides need to ****...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts