Fire Mark Murphy?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We still have no clue what he is pissed about

Yet people are taking sides

I don't care what he's pissed about...I just care that he gives the Packers the best chance to win

But I think we do know some of the things he's pissed about...

Corporate culture replaced family culture

Jordy Nelson's disrespectful release

Blindsided by Jordan Love pick

Kumerow release after Rodgers goes out of his way to praise him

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is where the contradiction lies for me.
1. Rodgers feels the Packers have not done enough to win now.
2. Rodgers is butt-hurt when guys like Jordy and Kumerow are let go.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely not helpful for Murphy to say that, if there was any hope left of resolving the situation. Perhaps Murphy saying that means it's beyond hopeless now, and he realizes it doesn't matter if he says it.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely not helpful for Murphy to say that, if there was any hope left of resolving the situation. Perhaps Murphy saying that means it's beyond hopeless now, and he realizes it doesn't matter if he says it.
And today Jay Glazer reported there is very little chance Rodgers plays for Green Bay ever again. He's one of the most trustworthy and reliable guys in the industry

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope you're wrong, I think you are I think Murphy is just dense...saw this from Jay Glazer on Pat McAfee show

"I know he still wants out. Without a doubt. Absolutely," Glazer reports. "Still wants out. Of course he still wants out. They didn't suddenly insult him and go, 'OK, now it's fixed.'"

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And today Jay Glazer reported there is very little chance Rodgers plays for Green Bay ever again. He's one of the most trustworthy and reliable guys in the industry
The current strategy the front office seems to be taking is to wait Rodgers out. And I don't think that strategy is going to be particularly effective. I'm beginning to doubt we see Rodgers play this year - anywhere. The question then becomes will we see Love? And if he goes out there and stinks it up, how bad is that going to make the administration look?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you're wrong, I think you are I think Murphy is just dense...saw this from Jay Glazer on Pat McAfee show

"I know he still wants out. Without a doubt. Absolutely," Glazer reports. "Still wants out. Of course he still wants out. They didn't suddenly insult him and go, 'OK, now it's fixed.'"
Wilde down played jays take..feels aaron doesnt even know how he will feel come.1st day of camp

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So was Schefter...lol. We could be looking at a Megatron/Sanders type situation if true. If he is THAT adamant, then he can go wherever when his contract is up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So was Schefter...lol. We could be looking at a Megatron/Sanders type situation if true. If he is THAT adamant, then he can go wherever when his contract is up.
How? He has to show up or fined..he going to be fined every day possible for 3 years?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely, plus GM, ARod after 16 yrs. deserves at least some input who the Packers draft. Especially offensively, let him work out some skill position players i.e receivers etc...accordingly Brady is given the courtesy of working out receivers and reporting back to HC Bruce Arians. Plus Brady is willing to restructure his contract for the good of the overall team. Rodgers may be more receptive to that. These are generational QB's, Packers GM's, Presidents come and go, Super Bowl wins are the end goal. Loyal Packer fans deserve that, after all they are the shareholders, wake up BOD, make the call they are charged with as Board members. Go Pack, go!
I have spent the last 45 minutes reading all your comments and while some are valid, most seem like the writer just likes to hear themselves talk. You know who you are. I cannot stand Tom Brady. I think Tom Brady is incredibly fake. He also has won 6 SB's. To compare #12 to the REAL #12 is so disrespectful to Tom Brady. Please stop with the "Brady gets this", "Brady gets that". He has earned that respect. #12 in GB, not so much. He has 1 SB. So does Trent Dilfer. AR has won MVP's. AR has all the stats. AR is a great player. They are all individual stats. That's the way AR wants it. It's all about him. He wants out. So get the hell out! Quit talking about it! Do it!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The current strategy the front office seems to be taking is to wait Rodgers out. And I don't think that strategy is going to be particularly effective. I'm beginning to doubt we see Rodgers play this year - anywhere. The question then becomes will we see Love? And if he goes out there and stinks it up, how bad is that going to make the administration look?

I think he either plays for Packers or sits out the year which is just insane to think that the FO could bungle this so badly...I suppose unless Love doesn't stink it up but pulls a Mahomes. I doubt it though I think it's more likely starting him early messes up his development

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually he can't if he sits out the season his contract tolls similar to a guy sitting out last season for covid like Devin funchess...

The only way he can not play for the Packers and still get a year closer to free agency is by showing up and then faking an injury...

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wouldn't fake an injury. He will take the year off and we will get an endless stream of stories about how he is relaxing off the coast of Switzerland, swimming with with the Dalai Lama and coelacanths while contemplating the meaning of life while his wife quips that it is nice her husband isn't playing the sportsball, while tweeting ever increasing passive aggressive quips.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot stand Tom Brady. I think Tom Brady is incredibly fake. He also has won 6 SB's. To compare #12 to the REAL #12 is so disrespectful to Tom Brady. Please stop with the "Brady gets this", "Brady gets that". He has earned that respect. #12 in GB, not so much. He has 1 SB. So does Trent Dilfer. AR has won MVP's. AR has all the stats. AR is a great player. They are all individual stats. That's the way AR wants it. It's all about him.
I don't completely disagree with you here. Rodgers has had opportunities to throw the team on his back and take them to the big game, but he didn't get it done. I don't blame that all on him, and those opportunities are few and far between, but he didn't get it done.

But Brady has had all kinds of help getting those six rings, the kind of help Rodgers has not had at all (except in 2010). Belichick is a defensive genius, and when Brady went to Tampa Bay he walked into another great defense, a defense that could shut down Mahomes and KC. And GB. And Tampa signed who Brady asked them to. Meanwhile, Rodgers was stuck with McCarthy, Capers, and failing defenses. You can't compare them because they haven't had the same opportunities.

Reaction score

idk and can anyone verifiably say the GBP have not given Aaron Rodgers any reasonable offers? Because if they have and Rodgers has refused the terms, the Packers aren’t really waiting anyone out.. technically it could be Rodgers doing the waiting the Packers out.

To really effective answer your question we’d need to know more about the subjective terminology of “stinking it up”
What we do 100% know is that the Aaron Rodgers led Packers went 17-15 over his first two seasons.
Brett Favre threw as many INT as he did TD’s over his first two seasons (37-37).
In 4 separate seasons spanning the opening years of 2 generational QB’s the Packer won just 1 playoff game (wild-card 24-20 against Lions).

The Packers used more resources to draft both Rodgers (24th overall) and trade for Favre (19th overall) than Love (26th overall).

Knowing the Packers past-composite start of TWO consecutive GBP HOF generational QB’s
what would “stinking it up” entail??

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What we do 100% know is that the Aaron Rodgers led Packers went 17-15 over his first two seasons.
Brett Favre threw as many INT as he did TD’s over his first two seasons (37-37).
Interesting point. If Love matches that, do we have our third straight HOF quarterback?
With MLF, I don't see that as being beyond capability.
I'm guessing Bortles is our starter for most of the season, but you never know.
I wonder how much Rodgers really buys into MLF's system, if he isn't chomping at the bit to get back at it. From this vantage point, it looks like I think more of MLF's coaching than Rodgers does.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting point. If Love matches that, do we have our third straight HOF quarterback?
With MLF, I don't see that as being beyond capability.
I'm guessing Bortles is our starter for most of the season, but you never know.
I wonder how much Rodgers really buys into MLF's system, if he isn't chomping at the bit to get back at it. From this vantage point, it looks like I think more of MLF's coaching than Rodgers does.

Forgive me if I missed it, but where has Rodgers appeared not to like MLF's coaching? From my understanding it's the FO and Murphy that he's upset with, not MLF.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ultimately Murphy and the FO will be graded on how many Super Bowls the Packers could win with a HOF qb. He's had ten seasons to see to it the Packers FO puts a roster around Rodgers that doesn't have easy to exploit holes in the playoffs such as Kevin King or Ladarius Gunter. It doesn't appear by his inane comments that he is trying too hard to keep Rodgers and make a run for a SB. While I never thought the Titletown development detracted from the team, I'm beginning to wonder if his critics are correct and that Murphy really cares more about making money than winning Super Bowls. When I go to Lambeau, I want to watch elite football and see the Packers kick a**. Could care less about anything else. Maybe that makes me a fossil but I think Murphy should be judged by how the FO handles the Rodgers situation, not by how many ways they can get fans to spend money. Murphy shouldn't be fired yet but I think his tenure should be on a very short thread at this point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame MMurphy all y ou want, i've been as big of supporter of Arodgers from the start as anyone, but he did go 0-3 from the 8 and a chance to tie the game. It's not like he hasn't had chances to be great. and it's not like he's done it on his own either.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts