Fire Mark Murphy?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Counter-productive? Only with pretzel logic. Cowboys are in first place and positioned to make the playoffs with QB Prescott and a beat up O-line. They are winning games and the Packers are not, your argument is pointless.
Let me see if I can simplify it for you: It's not his job.

Reaction score
Fire Capers. Fire Ted Thompson,
Fire McCarthy.. now Fire Murphy..

Folks I think we have an official common denominator

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never said fire Capers or TT...but Murphy is out of touch with his job how you gonna use a question in your monthly column that says that...bad business

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where there is smoke there is fire....Murphy is part of Rodgers problem, so absolutely YES, poorly handled - and I have been saying this for quite a while, get rid of Murphy.
The only reason Murphy got the job is because none of the other 31 owners wanted him. He was blacklisted for his union involvement but since Green Bay has a unique ownership structure....

I hated the hiring at the time and I hate it more every year. He is essentially that new manager at work who has zero relevant experience but was hired because they have connections. We all know how that always turns out

D

Deleted member 6794

Murphy has done a tremendous job of putting the Packers in a sound financial situation since becoming the team president in 2007.

He shouldn't be involved in football decisions though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe anybody can look at where they GB Packers are financially and think MMurphy wasn't qualified for the job and hasn't done a good job.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jason wilde made a comment last week implying that Rodgers trusted Mark and thought he would have his back??
Not word for word but thats how I felt?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
iirc right yes. Was a while ago cant recall what was told
to me
Murphy had the power to hire anyone he wanted. As I recall, TT wanted Ball to suceed him, is that what you may be thinking of? Or maybe there is a piece of the puzzle I don't know.

Murphy apparently did not agree with TT. Murphy said it came down to Wolf and Gute and when he reviewed their last few years of player evaluations, Gute stood out.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe anybody can look at where they GB Packers are financially and think MMurphy wasn't qualified for the job and hasn't done a good job.
hogwash...look at the hand he was dealt. The crown jewel franchise of the NFL, huge tradition, nfl profit sharing. I can go on and on. Murphy has been average at best, and his communication skills obviously are not in the best interest of the organization.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hogwash...look at the hand he was dealt. The crown jewel franchise of the NFL, huge tradition, nfl profit sharing. I can go on and on. Murphy has been average at best, and his communication skills obviously are not in the best interest of the organization.
What is he not communicating that you think he should be?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No one including Aaron Rodgers has a beef with what Murphy has done financially...it's his apparent lack of intelligence dealing with people. He couldn't get along with Favre, now he can't get along with Rodgers...

Everything is not about money in life...also you have to admit it's a lot easier to be a financial success when you have the benefit of a fhof qb who has been the face of the NFL for most of your tenure. I'm not saying Murphy would have for sure fallen on his face without that benefit. I'm just saying there's no argument that isn't a huge part of the teams ability to make money

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is he not communicating that you think he should be?

Dude did you not see he quoted a question in his monthly column that said something like this...."don't let the bastards get you down" without referring to Rodgers by name and Murphy used that question to talk about Rodgers...who are you kidding if you think that's productive in this situation ?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dude did you not see he quoted a question in his monthly column that said something like this...."don't let the bastards get you down" without referring to Rodgers by name and Murphy used that question to talk about Rodgers...who are you kidding if you think that's productive in this situation ?
I have to respectfully disagree with that. Ken (letter writer) was praising Murphy and encouraging him not to let the recent distractions drag him down. What other distraction do you think Ken was referring to? While Murphy didn't say anything new in his response, he has received a ton of letters about the Rodgers situation and this was merely the spot he chose to address all of those letters was all. Read it again....I posted it below.

Dear Mark: You have done a great job. Don't let the bastards drag you down. Washington needs a name. I suggest the Generals.

Thanks, Ken. The situation we face with Aaron Rodgers has divided our fan base. The emails and letters that I've received reflect this fact. As I wrote here last month, we remain committed to resolving things with Aaron and want him to be our quarterback in 2021 and beyond. We are working to resolve the situation and realize that the less both sides say publicly, the better. With regard to the Washington Football Team, it looks like they will be the WFT for at least one more year. I like the Washington Generals name, but it is already taken. Have you ever seen a Harlem Globetrotters game? Also, the Washington Generals don't have a very good record (1 win, 16,000 losses).

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
this thread was about Murphy wanting Ball. Isn't that Murphy's decision? If he wanted Ball; wouldn't he have hired him?
Allegedly he was told to fire Thompson by the BOD. Maybe he does what he is told to when the strings are pulled.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!