Finley tired of all this Philly BS...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like you Kitten, I live just close enough to Philly to know that "stability" is not a word often associated with this team in this area. Their coaching was good, but it has gone through some changes the past couple years that I believe negatively affected the team.

As you pointed out so well. They seem to have talent every year, but they don't have the formula on how to make it all work. As good as Andy Reid is, I think he doesn't know how to win big.

Exactly! You get it! :) If you live here long enough, you kind of see it. Here is some more yummy Wisconsin cheese to munch on: To paraphase what Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie said in PC in response to the question does he think the Eagles have a "dream team". His answer, the only dream team I know of is the Green Bay Packers. We can only hope to be as good as they are. I think Lurie's comments were in part raw honestly but also I don't think he wants to delude fans any further than they are.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I don't think anybody is going to deny that the Eagles will have a good team with a high talent level. That's a given at this point. However, I think they are being made out to be a bigger deal than they are. Sure they have good players, good coaching staff, but they have yet to been able to put together the pieces to get a SB year out of it. They should of won it in 2003 (?). Yes, I'm going to bring up T.O. here. The Eagles have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot and self destructing. They have come very close these last 10 years, but it's all meaningless if they can't take it to the next level and win the SB. Nobody will remember them or how they almost won the SB 7 times. Now with that being said, yes, I think the Eagles will have a good year. I predict they will win out their division easily. But the real question is are they a SB caliber team. I'm going to say no to that. So close, yet so far. Always falling short of the mark. I think there will be a lot of very disappointed/ angry Eagles fans at the end of this season.

What determines whether or not they are a Super Bowl team? They have the most explosive offense in the league and are suddenly very well-equipped to defend the pass. You say they will win a fairly tough division easily, yet aren't a Super Bowl team? If Vick stays healthy, a big if, then I believe they are a Super Bowl contender in the NFC along with us, the Falcons and the Saints.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What determines whether or not they are a Super Bowl team? They have the most explosive offense in the league and are suddenly very well-equipped to defend the pass. You say they will win a fairly tough division easily, yet aren't a Super Bowl team? If Vick stays healthy, a big if, then I believe they are a Super Bowl contender in the NFC along with us, the Falcons and the Saints.

I'm not sure I would say they have the most explosive offense in the league. As a matter of fact I agree with the guys on ESPN who said they doubt the Eagles offense will be able to outscore the Packer's offense. Then you have the Falcons, Patriots, etc. There are some darn good offenses out there and I would be hard pressed to say the Eagles are the most explosive.

I tend to respectfully disagree with Kitten on their division as well. The Giants aren't in the news much but they are still going to put up a big fight. The Cowboys now have a healthy QB and their head coach is getting better. They have a defensive co-ordinator now that may be able to bring a lot out of that D. I'm not sure the Eagles have a cake walk in their division. Those other teams are gonna be gunning for them very big time, especially after all this hype.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would say they have the most explosive offense in the league. As a matter of fact I agree with the guys on ESPN who said they doubt the Eagles offense will be able to outscore the Packer's offense. Then you have the Falcons, Patriots, etc. There are some darn good offenses out there and I would be hard pressed to say the Eagles are the most explosive.

I tend to respectfully disagree with Kitten on their division as well. The Giants aren't in the news much but they are still going to put up a big fight. The Cowboys now have a healthy QB and their head coach is getting better. They have a defensive co-ordinator now that may be able to bring a lot out of that D. I'm not sure the Eagles have a cake walk in their division. Those other teams are gonna be gunning for them very big time, especially after all this hype.

I should have defined "explosive." Explosive in the sense that they have the best big-play potential out of any offense in the league. Maclin, Vick and Jackson are all burners at their positions and McCoy is pretty athletic as well. That said, I would definitely take the Packers offense over Philly's.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I maintain my argument that I think the Eagles will win their division easily. I will give them that much credit. Here's how I see this shaping up if I may make an extremely early prediction. The Eagles nearest competitor in the NFC East is going to be the Giants (maybe in closer contention than I may think), followed by the Cowboys (winning season, make the playoffs as wildcard, one and done), than the Redskins (I'm not looking for them to be a factor, too many issue and no McNabb to blame). I'm going to say the NFC Championship game will be Packers Vs Eagles. Maybe, if they get that far. They have a rich history of choking in the post season.

To simplify, I think the Packers are better than the Eagles on both offense and defense.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why Finley is pissed though. I thought it was a good thing the Superbowl Champs are overlooked. Hey honestly if everyone cares about is knocking out Philly and that helps us earn a consecutive Championship so be it. Plus it gives them motivation to gain more respect. I get what Finley is saying but I'd prefer it if he didn't share out loud to the media. None of the other guys said anything....

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when the pack won it all last year all the players and coaches talked about the character in the locker room. JF has poor character. Remember when he dissed AR for not throwing him the ball? Or when he left gb last year to rehab elsewhere? The guy is full of himself and it's pretty childish and annoying to hear a full grown man be so self centered. But he has a point about Philly.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
when the pack won it all last year all the players and coaches talked about the character in the locker room. JF has poor character. Remember when he dissed AR for not throwing him the ball? Or when he left gb last year to rehab elsewhere? The guy is full of himself and it's pretty childish and annoying to hear a full grown man be so self centered. But he has a point about Philly.

I think Finley is just a big personality and needed to mature. From what I can tell, he worked very hard to come back from injury and he hasn't said anything that I had a problem with since he called out Rodgers in his rookie year.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I should have defined "explosive." Explosive in the sense that they have the best big-play potential out of any offense in the league. Maclin, Vick and Jackson are all burners at their positions and McCoy is pretty athletic as well. That said, I would definitely take the Packers offense over Philly's.

I can see that. They were also up there pretty high statistically on team offense. But every year is a new year and while they've added to their defense, Ronnie Brown and Vince Young are not noticeable improvements on their offense. Meanwhile the Falcons and the Patriots have upgraded their already good offenses. AND provided the right guys stay healthy, the Packers offense should be incredible.

I still don't see the Eagles in the NFC Championship game just because of all the competition brewing the NFC. But that is why they play the game. I hate the Cowboys, but I do think they are going to give the Eagles a run for their money. The best thing the Eagles have going for them is a soft schedule.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas? nah. Terrible CB. It's really a 4 way battle b/t Packers, Saints, Eagles, and Bucs. Falcons are kinda old for my liking. Giants with Eli are nothing more than average even with that defense who's also getting old. Season opener will def set the tone who is class of the NFC. With that being said I sure hope Finley doesn't get pissed he won't get the ball 60% of all offensive plays. He needs to take a cut in catches for the sake of the team.

Members online

Latest posts