Finley says he had no chemistry with Rodgers last season

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever Finley...he is on a short leash, and knows it, so he throws Rodgers and chemistry out there to mask his granite hands.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair you have to read what he said about the lack of chemistry with Rodgers which I've posted below. Seems to me he was blaming it on not having an offseason program with him. I think the lack of an offseason program hurt a lot of the young players in particular.

"On why he felt he was “a robot” last year: “I would say no offseason program. I couldn’t get the chemistry with the QB. And not (that I was) thinking about the injury, but every time somebody got around my legs, I was like, ‘Watch out.’ I was thinking about that next injury. I can say it was because of the injury (in 2010), for sure.”

"On the importance of getting in sync with Rodgers: “If you go over the years I’ve done well, we had an offseason program, we had minicamps, we had training camps. So, we had three processes that we were going through for us to get the chemistry. This year, I feel it and it’s going to be a good one. I guarantee it.”

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2010 Rodgers said Finley has the best hands on the whole team. I think coming off his week 4 injury that year and the lockout really screwed him.. That's almost a year of not playing with your QB. I think this year will be much better but I'm not expecting crazy Gronk like numbers seeing as we have the deepest WR group in the league so we spread the ball around more than any other team. Unless Rodgers throws for 6000yds :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’d prefer Finley not talk and tweet as much as he does but that’s not a big concern for me. IMO what people do, in every walk of life, is more important than what they say so what is a big concern is how he performs so whether or not he “shuts up”, it’s time for him to “put up”. And here’s something I hope he finally realizes: The more dedicated he is, the more he concentrates on his job, the more “in sync” he will be with Rodgers. The more dependable he is, the more he will be depended upon. And all the talk and all the tweets, and all the “clever” “year of…” sayings, and all the other bovine scatology won’t make a damn bit of difference. Jermichael Finley consistently approaching his potential would make the Packers offense even more explosive. As Greene told Clay Matthews in Super XLV, “it’s time!”

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
In 2010 Rodgers said Finley has the best hands on the whole team. I think coming off his week 4 injury that year and the lockout really screwed him.. That's almost a year of not playing with your QB. I think this year will be much better but I'm not expecting crazy Gronk like numbers seeing as we have the deepest WR group in the league so we spread the ball around more than any other team. Unless Rodgers throws for 6000yds :)

I don't ever expect Gronk like numbers from a GB tight end since we have so many good receivers we can spread the faith to. Heck, even Kuhn can catch the ball!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm huge Finley backer, but he needs to stop running his mouth and stay off twitter.

He's the only guy on our team without a filter on his mouth and it's begging to become annoying.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Southpaw. I'm a Finley apologist to the core - hell, I even have a signed jersey of his. But, as much as I don't mind players being outspoken, I just wish he thought about what he was going to say ahead of time. This quote, as innocuous as it may seem in the proper context (i.e. the lack of off-season programs b/c of the lockout), is just gold for headlines and creating controversy. The first article on espn1500 even led into the article with a quote from A-Rodg commenting how Finley's quotes are essentially tiresome. I think Finley has gotten better over the years with less of these type of quotes, but he's still got a ways to go.

Regardless, I love the two-year contract he signed this offseason and just hope he finally lives up to his potential and gives us that Graham and Gronk type impact. He has that potential, but its time to become that player instead of always having potential.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
His comments about Graham and Gronkowski recently really did it for me. He just made himself look stupid trying to critique and question the ability of two Tight Ends who blew him away in terms of production while he had a less than stellar year. Just really facepalm type moment as a Finley supporter.

All I can do is hope that he's putting his efforts into improving so he can be a true productive receiving tight end this season. Last season he was mostly a decoy to stretch the field and give 1 on 1's with our wideouts. If Finley could be consistent in his production, our offense becomes even more dangerous. Which is frightening to think about. We already have a stacked group of wideouts, a true receiving tight that can stretch the field and be a mismatch on defenses and move the chains on 3rd down. Look out NFL

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Offseason...what was Graham & Gronk's excuse for that in 2011? As far as chemistry goes Both of those guys had TWO less seasons under their belt then Finley, but to be fair a season and a 1/3 and they killed it last year...Finley has no excuse, your a pro - ball player, you have incredible natural ability, you get paid to play, work past your injury and play the game you get PAID to play...i have ZERO tolerance for PRO BALL PLAYERS that underperform, especially the ones that back it with excuses...I know he tied career bests, but this guy has been so hyped up that i'm sick of hearing about how "great" of a player he can be...just show us Sundays

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The song remains the same here. The comments in and of themselves are relatively harmless, and when you really break down what he is saying a lot of it makes sense. But the fact that he is consitantly making these comments that are a big enough deal that we are talking about them is what is a little troublesome. On the Gronk and Graham, I think he is 100% right. Those guys were animals last year. LAST YEAR. How many one year wonders have there been in this league? Graham might not have Drew Brees to throw to him this year, I think that would drastically hamper his growth as a player as well as his stat line. While I agree with everyone here that Finley was drastically out-played by both those guys last year, it was one year I mean hell these guys aren't automatically Tony Gonzalez because of one year. Give them all the credit in the world for what they have done, but dont necessarily count on them to repeat that performance.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Well you all wanted him when he dropped key passes, you can't take the good and not the bad without having it all.

Finley is a clown, thinking he's better than Jimmy Graham, that was hilarious in the newspaper the other day. Graham actually knows how to catch passes, Finley just runs his mouth. At the end of the day I rather have the appreciative, un-selfish TE that don't think he's the greatest ever. Graham has far better stats than Finley too if you want to argue that, and call Brees a stat ***** all you want, but Graham knows how to catch it and wasn't in the top 5 on dropped passes LAST YEAR like Finley brought up "they were good last year"

Members online

Latest posts