Favre loses edge - What Favre should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see, it just does not make any sense. Do you think TT is not cutting BF because he wants Packer Fan Support? TT is not cutting BF because he is still a top ten QB in this league.

What is he holding GB back from doing, thats the only question I have?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl - your right I went a little overboard.I apologize, but I have a tendency to read a post without looking at how many posts a person has.
anubis - while no one, not even a lions fan, can deny Brett is one of the greates qb's to ever play, if I wanted to just spew garbage and say bad things about him I would do it in the smack area. I thought it would be okay to give my true feelings about the situation here in the packer forum. I understand where you're coming from though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
What is he holding GB back from doing, thats the only question I have?

I PM'ed you about that, did it not go through?

or do we just ignore facts here?

ps - check out espn.coms poll..its about favre

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
4packgirl - your right I went a little overboard.I apologize, but I have a tendency to read a post without looking at how many posts a person has.
anubis - while no one, not even a lions fan, can deny Brett is one of the greates qb's to ever play, if I wanted to just spew garbage and say bad things about him I would do it in the smack area. I thought it would be okay to give my true feelings about the situation here in the packer forum. I understand where you're coming from though.

it's all good, big3! this has been a tense off-season, hasn't it?? :wink:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey TRO read a few posts back as to why all your reasons are BOGUS! I think YOU are ignoring the facts

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
All of you motherf*&^%@s that think anyone but a packers fan is a piece of s*%t can f^%k off. We have no interest in bashing your qb. Only in giving you an outsiders point of view of the situation. Apparently the team we root for makes us complete morons about anything else going on in the nfl. For those of you who think that, I think you are useless lowlife bags of s#@t aids infested $#@ bubble on a faggots #^%. I'm sorry Ryan, but I don't appreciate it when a@$holes like this tell me that just because of the team I root for my opinion doesn't matter.

THAT"S AWESOME :!: :!:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
big3 said:
All of you motherf*&^%@s that think anyone but a packers fan is a piece of s*%t can f^%k off. We have no interest in bashing your qb. Only in giving you an outsiders point of view of the situation. Apparently the team we root for makes us complete morons about anything else going on in the nfl. For those of you who think that, I think you are useless lowlife bags of s#@t aids infested $#@ bubble on a faggots #^%. I'm sorry Ryan, but I don't appreciate it when a@$holes like this tell me that just because of the team I root for my opinion doesn't matter.

THAT"S AWESOME :!: :!:

shhh...the babysitter's coming!!! :p

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:

Hey, no problem. It just seemed you got rather upset after a little inter-divisional ribbing. :p

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
In this day & age of single-ing out the greatness in players, The Media has stepped over the line.

What's more, the Packers Org need to step up and do something about it.

=================================================

I have one fealty with my fandom - and it is this.....

Packernation ( a friend of mine) once wrote:

" I am a Packer's Acolyte, not just a Favre Acolyte! "

And, I totally agree with that sentiment - it is a team sport and one player should never be allowed to hold a team hostage... ever!

Boy, do I agree with this. I think there are Packer fans and Favre fans and they aren't the same. Some think the Packers need Favre to be the Packers. I disagree. We will go on without him and he's acting like a jerk right now. If he doesn't come back, to me, it's still the Packers and we move on. If he graces us the favor of coming back for one more year, then he'll still be gone soon and the Packers will continue. I hate how the franchise is allowing him to hold the team hostage. His "What are they going to do, cut me?" was the height of arrogance. I love what Brett has done for the franchise, but his time is just about over, and if he doesn't come back this is one Packer fan who figures that it can't get much worse than 4-12. And I think we'll do better than that with or without him. Brett, you're not God.

]

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh so frustrating!!! Please if you are going to say he is holding this team hostage, follow it up with HOW he is doing so!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Oh so frustrating!!! Please if you are going to say he is holding this team hostage, follow it up with HOW he is doing so!

With all the A-Rod bashing that has went on in the past, I am assuming that they are referring to the draft and that TT should waste our 5th round pick on another rookie QB. Other than this, I really don't know how he could be holding the team hostage. Training Camp hasn't even started for god's sake. :roll:

On an aside, who's to say PFT isn't right, and that Favre has already informed the GB brass that he intends to return in 2006, and it is just being kept on the quiet. The only opinions I have heard to the contrary are on here, and as a general rule I would take PFT's opinion over 75% of this forum's.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, thats my point. If the argument is we should take another QB in the draft that is the stupidest argument ever. If Brett does hang it up A-Rod will be given a chance. He was our first round pick and was drafted at the very least to be givin a chance. These people that bash A-Rod are doing so with no knowledege at all. When he starts a NFL game let the critiqueing begin but to do so before hand is a joke.

I think Brett will be back. I think He knows it, TT and MM know it to. The only people concerned are the fans, which I understand, but to BASH him and say FALSELY that he is holding the team hostage is doing nothing but piling on top of an overblown, Media driven frenzy.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I look at is as if I were one of his teammates. "The team has to improve enough in the offseason to be good enough for him? What are they going to do, cut me? Who does he think he is? We're all going to be busting our *** to try and improve for next year and he's waiting to see if we're good enough for the great brett farve to play with?" I'd feel pretty insulted if I were his teammate. He's acting like he's better than them and they have to improve to get up to his level. Not a great way to build chemistry with you teammates in my opinion.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
What does the number of posts have to do with anything?

I would suggest that ***** fans have much more to be worried about than the Legacy of 4.

Besides, you are wrong.

And, you asked a while back (or somebody did) who else has ever done this?

I think the HoF (that's Hall of Fame for **** fans) elect and Lambeau Field retired #92 Reggie White retired like 2 or 3 times...came back and played for the Packers...retired and then went to Carolina. Reggie was a great Man, a credit to the GB Packers Organization, Never a ****, and his Legacy was in no way tarnished. He really struggled with deciding to retire. I would consider him a pretty important player...would you? I re-read what you said, and it said (paraphrased), that "noone has ever done this..." Huh???

Now get back to **** world, put on an Orange Bengals jersey, and march around Ford Field...Worry about Your Team's Legacy!!!

Brett is in full compliance with the Organization and the wishes of TT and MM, at this time.

Any other crap that some of these people want to believe or post is purely their hangups on "not having all the information, all the time."

*note: # of posts does not equate to anything meaningful, other than the number of posts.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't worried about the lions legacy, I was just interested in sharing an outsiders opinion on the behavior of your qb. It seems to be a popular thing to talk about with other fans around the league. I wasn't trying to bash him, just trying to give my opinion on his actions this offseason. It's kind of like the terrell owens thing (I'm NOT comparing brett to TO). It doesn't involve me or my team, but it is interesting enough to make conversation about. If you think packer fans are the only ones talking about this you're mistaken.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

One year..??? Try more like 6...

Favre's been frustrated since the SherRossley era..and he's finally not putting up with it with TT...Why should he..? Good for him I say...Maybe some things will finally get done in GB and moving in the right direction...

YEAH LETS PUNISH THE MAN WHO FIRED THE SOURCE OF HIS FRUSTRATION. SHERMAN WAS FIRED, GET THE ... OVER IT ALREADY!!
Here OMfG SHERMAN WAS FIRED!! read the damn article.
PROOF HE WAS FIRED. He is NO LONGER the COACH of the Packers NOR the GM!!!!

P@ck66 said:
One question I have for you "Favre haters/critiquers" though is how does TT rate over Favre in terms of what they have done so far for the GB Packer organization...? What has TT done that is comparable..??

Crickets...of course...The TT nutlickers...have no answer to that...

maybe i dont understand this cuz im not a hater ... or maybe it jus doesn't make sense

P@ck66 said:
If you guys think Favre is supposed to act like you sniffing TT's *** and licking his balls like a subserviant, whipped dog, then you've got another thing coming....How does Lord TT warrant such treatment?

THE SNIFFING TT'S BOOTY SPEAK OF IS A GROUP CALLED .... GET THIS .... YOU READY... REAL PACKER FANS WHO ACCEPT THE PACKERS ARE NOT THE DOMINATE TEAM THEY ONCE WERE AND CHANGE IS NEEDED.

P@ck66 said:
I could give a rats *** what that moron Packernation thinks...Keep him on his own useless forum...
then be a good boy and pretend you didn't freaking read it, cuz im willing to bet many feel the same about your posts

P@ck66 said:
Just remember this...Starr was lucky to have a great cast around him and a coach like Lombardi. He was a great player...but I say Favre is greater because he had to do it with a lesser coach....

It's thinking like this poster of this topic here which kept the Packers amongst the dregs of the NFL for 30 years...

Don't forget it...

ok writing that down right now...

(edit, jus wiped my *** with that paper)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TT is the GM and Mike McCarthy is the COACH. THEY HAVE NOT WORKED TOGETHER THROUGH A FULL SEASON THEREFORE CRITICIZING THEM BEFORE THEY GET A CHANCE TO DO THEIR JOB IS... fill in the blank sir.

GIVE THE DAMN MEN IN CHARGE A CHANCE TO FAIL BEFORE YOU BASH THEM! WHEN THEY DRAFT TONY MANDRICH JR, TRADE SEVEN DRAFT PICKS FOR HERSCHEL WALKER, PUNT WHEN THEY COULD EASILY MAKE A FG, ETC... then BLAST the shitte out of them.

Here maybe this is on the level of which you can understand. When you're (or your mom, whoever) is making mac n cheese do you look at the noodles in the boiling water an think 'wtf you are a failure at cooking!!' ... no you freaking wait til its had a CHANCE to become something.

Quit being so damn ungreatful and learn to appreciate the Packers and understand they are doing something even though our uneducated selves can not see.

Remember, Nick Collins? Samkon Gado? Brady Poppinga? Jus a few names off the top of my head that people scratched their heads about and turned out to be assets to the Packers team.

I'm glad I didn't let little things like professionalism, holding back or anything of that nature effect my post. ;)

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
....And he's tarnishing his legacy by mistreating his team. How many other players do you know of that were this important to a team that have taken this long to decide on retirement? I've never heard of any....

I think the HoF (that's Hall of Fame for **** fans) elect and Lambeau Field retired #92 Reggie White retired like 2 or 3 times...came back and played for the Packers...retired and then went to Carolina. Reggie was a great Man, a credit to the GB Packers Organization, Never a ****, and his Legacy was in no way tarnished. He really struggled with deciding to retire. I would consider him a pretty important player...would you? You might want to re-think the last part of your quote... Sorry for the confrontation, but jiminyjeeeeezzz.....

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so those of you who say reggie white, you're saying he was as important to winning and running the team as a whole as Farve is? How many points did he score? Was he the captain of the offense? No, he was not as important to this team, or as big of a leader, or responsible for as many wins as Favre. Any other ideas?

packerbacker08

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
The way I look at is as if I were one of his teammates. "The team has to improve enough in the offseason to be good enough for him? What are they going to do, cut me? Who does he think he is? We're all going to be busting our *** to try and improve for next year and he's waiting to see if we're good enough for the great brett farve to play with?" I'd feel pretty insulted if I were his teammate. He's acting like he's better than them and they have to improve to get up to his level. Not a great way to build chemistry with you teammates in my opinion.

ok again im gonna say im new to the forum so i might not have a lot of stuff workin just right... i've seen favre playin qb almost my entire life... im 17 hes been in the leagure 15, so thats pretty much every memory i have of packer football is him droppin back for the big one or scrambling for and extra 2 or being the amazing player he is today and has been. and with all great players they want to compete... of course favre wants too, and also favre isnt shy, hes not gonna waist his time saying how he might come back and things like that. flat out if i think we can compete ill be back. and for saying that he is holding the team hostage and all that... well yea he is troubling the team but only so slightly. i think the real thing is that maybe he honestly doesnt know if he wants to be back??? i mean call me crazy but it seems a lot of the media is comin to him and he just answers. and as for the "what will they do cut me?" brett has been a jokester and a funny guy for his entire career, some of his moments with holmgrem crack me up and my dads personal stories from friends who met favre are funny too. i think hes just out there havin a good time and crackin a joke to lighten the mood.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
so those of you who say reggie white, you're saying he was as important to winning and running the team as a whole as Farve is? How many points did he score? Was he the captain of the offense? No, he was not as important to this team, or as big of a leader, or responsible for as many wins as Favre. Any other ideas?

Absofukinlutely, he was, maybe moreso...

I'm sorry, but you have no clue (as to this subject), regardless of the number of posts you have...

You might be very well versed on **** trivia or **** matters, but you are missing on this one...

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the team, coaches, or most of the fans find this amusing. If it was meant as a joke, what does that say for his recognition of the situation as a whole?

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espnpack, you need to come back to reality. Do I need to dig up the stats? How many points did reggie score as a defensive end? how was he the leader of the offense when he was on the sidelines? you aren't helping your argument.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

One year..??? Try more like 6...

Favre's been frustrated since the SherRossley era..and he's finally not putting up with it with TT...Why should he..? Good for him I say...Maybe some things will finally get done in GB and moving in the right direction...

YEAH LETS PUNISH THE MAN WHO FIRED THE SOURCE OF HIS FRUSTRATION. SHERMAN WAS FIRED, GET THE ... OVER IT ALREADY!!
Here OMfG SHERMAN WAS FIRED!! read the damn article.
PROOF HE WAS FIRED. He is NO LONGER the COACH of the Packers NOR the GM!!!!

[quote="P@ck66":1yto1113]One question I have for you "Favre haters/critiquers" though is how does TT rate over Favre in terms of what they have done so far for the GB Packer organization...? What has TT done that is comparable..??

Crickets...of course...The TT nutlickers...have no answer to that...

maybe i dont understand this cuz im not a hater ... or maybe it jus doesn't make sense

P@ck66 said:
If you guys think Favre is supposed to act like you sniffing TT's *** and licking his balls like a subserviant, whipped dog, then you've got another thing coming....How does Lord TT warrant such treatment?

THE SNIFFING TT'S BOOTY SPEAK OF IS A GROUP CALLED .... GET THIS .... YOU READY... REAL PACKER FANS WHO ACCEPT THE PACKERS ARE NOT THE DOMINATE TEAM THEY ONCE WERE AND CHANGE IS NEEDED.

P@ck66 said:
I could give a rats *** what that moron Packernation thinks...Keep him on his own useless forum...
then be a good boy and pretend you didn't freaking read it, cuz im willing to bet many feel the same about your posts

P@ck66 said:
Just remember this...Starr was lucky to have a great cast around him and a coach like Lombardi. He was a great player...but I say Favre is greater because he had to do it with a lesser coach....

It's thinking like this poster of this topic here which kept the Packers amongst the dregs of the NFL for 30 years...

Don't forget it...

ok writing that down right now...

(edit, jus wiped my *** with that paper)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TT is the GM and Mike McCarthy is the COACH. THEY HAVE NOT WORKED TOGETHER THROUGH A FULL SEASON THEREFORE CRITICIZING THEM BEFORE THEY GET A CHANCE TO DO THEIR JOB IS... fill in the blank sir.

GIVE THE DAMN MEN IN CHARGE A CHANCE TO FAIL BEFORE YOU BASH THEM! WHEN THEY DRAFT TONY MANDRICH JR, TRADE SEVEN DRAFT PICKS FOR HERSCHEL WALKER, PUNT WHEN THEY COULD EASILY MAKE A FG, ETC... then BLAST the shitte out of them.

Here maybe this is on the level of which you can understand. When you're (or your mom, whoever) is making mac n cheese do you look at the noodles in the boiling water an think 'wtf you are a failure at cooking!!' ... no you freaking wait til its had a CHANCE to become something.

Quit being so damn ungreatful and learn to appreciate the Packers and understand they are doing something even though our uneducated selves can not see.

Remember, Nick Collins? Samkon Gado? Brady Poppinga? Jus a few names off the top of my head that people scratched their heads about and turned out to be assets to the Packers team.

I'm glad I didn't let little things like professionalism, holding back or anything of that nature effect my post. ;)
[/quote:1yto1113]

vf837gf3f8h3f80943g092t4yg4hg5h

:D :D

2 drops of pee came out!

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Favre should have - taken his pre-requisite four weeks off ( I agree with that).
Favre should have - come calling to Green Bay, on the day of McCarthy's announcement.
Favre should have - stepped up the podium and announced his loyalty to the Team.
Favre should have - spoke up to add his complete support for Ted Thompson, as well.
Favre should have - challenged the FA Elite - to come to Green Bay, and play with him.

================================================

Is Brett Favre bigger than the game? NO
Is Brett Favre bigger than Green Bay? NO

You know, it really seems to me, the people with the biggest hangups are the self-described "non-Favre Acolytes"...

For Goodness Sake - read what your post says, and then think about it...You spend so much time on Brett Favre....

GET OFF IT...This is Ted Thompson's team now...Period.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
espnpack, you need to come back to reality. Do I need to dig up the stats? How many points did reggie score as a defensive end? how was he the leader of the offense when he was on the sidelines? you aren't helping your argument.

He was part of the D that kept Barry Boy to -1 BABY!!!!!!!!

If you could understand anything about football (which at this point is a very legitimate observation on my part)...You would understand that Reggie White was "as an important of a player" to the Green Bay Packers as was/is Brett Favre. However, I realize this is an extremely advanced concept for **** Fan!!! That is the only point, nothing to do with your self-induced re-direct with this silly "how many points did he score" thing...

I'm sorry big3, but you are out of your league here...(not meant to be a personal attack..., just lack of understanding the game...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts