Favre loses edge - What Favre should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
so being a packers fan through the hard times makes you a "fair weather fan?"

and a 2nd year GM who wont cut a HoF QB because hes given 14 years of service..means he doesnt have balls?

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

I'm surrounded by ******** - Spaceballs.

Hey Trom:

If you reread my post, you will notice I didn't mention any names. In fact, I was merely judging the posters to this board that WinnipegPackFan called "ingrates". I do find it slightly amusing that you immediately assumed it was you I was referring to.

BTW: While rereading my post, you may want to note that I did not say that "being a packers fan through the hard times makes you a 'fair weather fan'", I said riding the bandwagon of success, then turning on the man who took you there at the first sign things turn sour, makes you a "fair weather fan". Try not to put words in my mouth next time. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

"Life is hard. It is even harder when you're stupid." -John Wayne

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think alot of Packer fans are honestly turning there back on Favre and it makes me sick.

I am tired of the same ol' line of - I love Brett but..............

I never thought a day would come when a quarter of the greatest fans in the world would turn on BF. The truth is they are just impatient. They have no clue on the inner workings of a team. I think they actually think that Brett comes on here and reads there spew.

Like Brett says "Wow, the jackoffs at that Packer forum think I am hurting my team by not making a decision, maybe I should choose"

Truth is TT has to wait, he has no choice. As soon as Brett starts riding the Lawnmower the Packers start a few years of futility. I am thankful for what Brett is doing and I respect it. Make the organization do something in the off-season other than bringing in Arturo Freeman's and Raynoch Thompson's and then drafting **** punters on the first day.

I like what TT has done this year but I only wonder what he would have done if Favre would have said he was going to hang it up after last year.

I just don't get the argument as to why Brett is to be blamed for anything. Tro seems to think that FA's are less likely to come here because they are not sure who how QB is going to be. How many players have gone to the Browns? What about the Vikes? Cardinals?

The other argument is that FA don't want to come here because it looks like the player run the team. Yeah, Players hate that!

TT is not letting one player run the team. He has thus far stood his ground with Javon Walker. He let go Cletidus Hunt. I don't think he's a pushover at all. He knows what his options are. Either build a competitive team or play with a unproven QB. What scares me is it takes our HOF NFL MVP QB to force him to do what he should have wanted to do anyways, build a true contender!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I am so full of anticipation that my ******** have sucked up into my body cavity."

-Mike Myers

You mean we weren't playing some kinda quote game?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"TT is not letting one player run the team. He has thus far stood his ground with Javon Walker. He let go Cletidus Hunt. I don't think he's a pushover at all. He knows what his options are. Either build a competitive team or play with a unproven QB. What scares me is it takes our HOF NFL MVP QB to force him to do what he should have wanted to do anyways, build a true contender"!

Well said Pyledriver, an excellent assesment of the situation !!!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. Since I am not a Packer fan and cannot be called an ingrate I will tell you exactly how the rest of the league views this whole stupid mess.
Brett Favre has taken his reputation that took 15 years to build and pissed it all away with his constant *****ing, petty feuds with the new bosses, childish need of attention and praise and bush league attitude.
A once great player who has let his ego get way out of hand and will be remembered more as a crybaby who took his ball and went home than a hall of famer and one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Announce that you are going to play or announce that you are done. Just be a man and do one or the other and shut the f**k up about it already!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Ok. Since I am not a Packer fan and cannot be called an ingrate I will tell you exactly how the rest of the league views this whole stupid mess.
Brett Favre has taken his reputation that took 15 years to build and pissed it all away with his constant ******, petty feuds with the new bosses, childish need of attention and praise and bush league attitude.
A once great player who has let his ego get way out of hand and will be remembered more as a crybaby who took his ball and went home than a hall of famer and one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Announce that you are going to play or announce that you are done. Just be a man and do one or the other and shut the f**k up about it already!

No, your not an "ingrate" just an old jealous bear fan...go away now !!! shoo shoo, smelly little bear !!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Phil, you are the spokesperson for the "rest of the league."

You are a Bears Fan. You have been owned by Favre for over a decade. I would not have expected anything less.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"liar"..."********".....apparently the gloves can come off again. Ryan and the mods are letting up. I like it!!!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
"liar"..."********".....apparently the gloves can come off again. Ryan and the mods are letting up. I like it!!!!
Just been busy lately, I will have to get back to babysitting because it's oh so fun.

krd005

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett has decided to retire but is doing tt and the team a favor by not announcing to the public his retirement. So that all the FA's still want to come to GB and play with Brett but TT can't get them to agree! (just Kidding)

All this Brett bashing really doesn't matter. Brett says what's on his mind we all know that. Sometimes (like all of us) he says things before thinking or as a joke that people thinks is serious.

Bottom line Brett doesn't care what the media or anyone else thinks of him. So everyone needs to chill out!!!!

TT would not have done anything differetnly during this period with or without Brett's answer.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Brett Favre has taken his reputation that took 15 years to build and pissed it all away with his constant ******, petty feuds with the new bosses, childish need of attention and praise and bush league attitude.

Begin Happy Polka Music...
The Bears Still Suck
The Bears Still Suck
The Bears Still Suck
The Bears Still Suck
They really really really really really really Suck,
Yes, the Beeeeaaaaaars Stiiiiiilllllll Suuuuuuccccckkkkk
Hey!
End Happy Polka Music

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Favre is fine (no, his legacy is not being tarnished)
2. TT and MM are fine with Favre's position, so it shouldn't bother anyone else that much (although, you have that right if that's your thing...)
3. Walker is pushing the envelope big time.
4. It is only April 4
5. Repeat item 4.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
philtration said
"A once great player who has let his ego get way out of hand and will be remembered more as a crybaby who took his ball and went home than a hall of famer and one of the greatest QBs of all time.
Announce that you are going to play or announce that you are done. Just be a man and do one or the other and shut the f**k up about it already!"

I never thought I'd agree with a Bears fan but your absolutly right. Favre is acting like a selfish, arrogant, spoiled little child. It's completely unfair that he's holding the whole team hostage by not making a decision. Some of you guys need to figure out if you're a packer fan, or a Favre fan. He truly is hurting the team by taking his sweet time.

espnpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
philtration said
"A once great player who has let his ego get way out of hand and will be remembered more as a crybaby who took his ball and went home than a hall of famer and one of the greatest QBs of all time.
Announce that you are going to play or announce that you are done. Just be a man and do one or the other and shut the f**k up about it already!"

I never thought I'd agree with a Bears fan but your absolutly right. Favre is acting like a selfish, arrogant, spoiled little child. It's completely unfair that he's holding the whole team hostage by not making a decision. Some of you guys need to figure out if you're a packer fan, or a Favre fan. He truly is hurting the team by taking his sweet time.
Since when did the opinion of a Lions fan matter for anything?

Go back to your MillenManMarch...

What a waste of an organization...

Begin Happy Polka Music...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How, again, is Favre hurting the organization? I'd rather have Rogers at QB then some retread they may have went after if Favre had retired early in the offseason.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, Lions fans know little about Greatness. Hell, look at Barry Sanders. He did not have to think about retirement. He was like "THIS FRANCHISE ABSOLUTELY SUCKS, I THINK I WILL RETIRE"

Bear and Lion fans never miss a chance to bash Brett. I guess when you watch QB's like Grossman,McNown,Chandler,Miller,Harrington,Garcia,Batch,etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc,Lol, you get frustrated.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD4shizzle said:
How, again, is Favre hurting the organization? I'd rather have Rogers at QB then some retread they may have went after if Favre had retired early in the offseason.

Precisely. Does anyone HONESTLY think that Kitna would have taken us to the playoffs this season? It would be much better to give the future of the franchise a chance to see what he can do... Kinda like what they gave Favre when Majic went down.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JDShizzle, I have asked that over and over. I stated WHY Brett has not done anything to hold this team up. Fact is they cannot answer this question. They will just ignore it. So far I got from asking this question 300 times the following

Stupid Reason 1 - We could have signed a Career Backup QB. This is simply RETARDED. A-Rod is the future. Let the boy take his licks and if he pans out, super, if not, we move on. The last thing we need to do is sign a friggin Kitna so we can go 7-9 for 3 years and then have A-Rod come in and struggle.

Stupid Reason 2 - Free agents don't want to come here because they do not know who the QB is going to be. If you look at Free-Agents 75% have went to teams with an "Up in the Air" QB situation. The Browns have signed tons of FA's and NOONE knows who will be startin the season under QB. The Vikes have as well but BRAD JOHNSON making it through the whole season is a strech. The Cardinals,The Redskins?

Stupidest Reason 3 - FA will go elsewhere because it looks like the players run the team.............Sounds like a FA'S dream to me! Players hate when they can holdout for millions of dollars and the management gives in. ARE YOU FRIGGING SERIOUS!

Truth is, they are impatient. They have NO valid argument as to how Brett is doing anything to hurt this team. They want to bash him because the MEDIA is blowing this out of proportion and they want to pile on. Like I care what Mark "Molester' Chmura has to say!

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of you motherf*&^%@s that think anyone but a packers fan is a piece of s*%t can f^%k off. We have no interest in bashing your qb. Only in giving you an outsiders point of view of the situation. Apparently the team we root for makes us complete morons about anything else going on in the nfl. For those of you who think that, I think you are useless lowlife bags of s#@t aids infested $#@ bubble on a faggots #^%. I'm sorry Ryan, but I don't appreciate it when a@$holes like this tell me that just because of the team I root for my opinion doesn't matter.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I am asking why you say that is legacy is tarnished? How is he holding this team hostage? Don't just come in here spewing garbage you heard on TV. You are a great rep for Lion Fans worldwide. All 13 of them.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
All of you motherf*&^%@s that think anyone but a packers fan is a piece of s*%t can f^%k off. We have no interest in bashing your qb. Only in giving you an outsiders point of view of the situation. Apparently the team we root for makes us complete morons about anything else going on in the nfl. For those of you who think that, I think you are useless lowlife bags of s#@t aids infested $#@ bubble on a faggots #^%. I'm sorry Ryan, but I don't appreciate it when a@$holes like this tell me that just because of the team I root for my opinion doesn't matter.

yikes, big3 - try to remember most of them are new to the site & aren't aware that you are, in general, a very respectful poster. having said that, i think you'd have to expect a little bit of crap when you come on a packer site. i appreciate outsiders points of view but only when it's constructive. we have enough "packer fans" on here who are DEstructive!!! :wink: :lol:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
All of you motherf*&^%@s that think anyone but a packers fan is a piece of s*%t can...

*Rant Snipped*

Big3,

Let's put this in perspective:

Brett Favre has been the bane of Detroit's existance for the better part of 15 years. Knowing this, can you honestly expect any Packers fan take any rant you make against him the least bit seriously? :pumpkin:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's holding the team hostage by not giving them a decision. He knows they won't cut him because the fans would lynch the management. And he's tarnishing his legacy by mistreating his team. How many other players do you know of that were this important to a team that have taken this long to decide on retirement? I've never heard of any. and as far as the 13 other lions fans smartass.
roarreport.com

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, you want to come on here and bash at our QB for something that he has done, so be it. Call him a Vicodin Freak, Call him Mr. INT but don't come on here stating stuff that has no truth in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts