Favre is still better

D

Deleted member 6794

You wouldn't think Favre would need money.

It seems Favre didn't want to spend his money though.

still, it would be pretty low if he knew what was happening.

I'm absolutely convinced Favre knew what was going on.

Well said Mondio. I don't know the guy either, so innocent until proven otherwise. Same way I feel about Rodgers. He's a great player and he's not perfect, like all of us. Best not to go further than that.

In my opinion there's no reason to add Rodgers' name to the conversation. While he might not seem like a endearing guy to a lot of people to our knowledge he hasn't been involved in anything remotely similar to what Favre is accused of.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Much like what is going on in the rest of politics around this country, the noose might be tightening around Favre's neck, ever so slowly. I'm sure in his mind, he hoped this was a "wink, wink, nod, nod" kind of deal, but I have to agree with LTF & WiMM, chances are pretty high that he had a sense of what he was doing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Much like what is going on in the rest of politics around this country, the noose might be tightening around Favre's neck, ever so slowly. I'm sure in his mind, he hoped this was a "wink, wink, nod, nod" kind of deal, but I have to agree with LTF & WiMM, chances are pretty high that he had a sense of what he was doing.
Ooo he did.

I witnessed it 1st hand in early 2000 how smart he and his team is.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In "Good old boy society," they're allowed to "twist" the rules to fit their own needs. It's in the Red Neck Playbook. I see it all the time down here in Texas.

Read what Longtime fan said very carefully, and I think you'll get the drift.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In "Good old boy society," they're allowed to "twist" the rules to fit their own needs. It's in the Red Neck Playbook. I see it all the time down here in Texas.

Yup and the ones that hate to see how "woke" people suddenly are, are probably the ones with their hands in the cookie jar(s). It's pretty obvious what New (already plead guilty), Favre, the Governor and others were doing. With New and her son Zach, willing to testify against others involved, I would be very uneasy if I was one of those people.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard and seen stuff 2006 and 7.. Then 08 when whole rodgers thing went down. Worked for a business partner of his

His media team then was like a huge dryer. The spin cycle was huge
Yeah there's a history with him of strange things happening, starting with the retire/unretire saga in GB.

And how could he text (that's social media Brett) asking if the media would get a hold of his texts? Dumb and dumber. I'm less convinced he's actually a crook and more convinced he's just not that smart. I mean he got hit in the head a LOT. I just don't think he would knowingly take money intended for the poor to build a volleyball court for his alma mater and daughter. He's just not that kind of guy. Just my opinion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't know you are in Texas V. Is that by choice or for work? I've been there on business a few times. I liked it and the Tex-Mex. Like most places, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation (for being a state full of rednecks). If anything, the state is moving toward being blue, or at least purple. They haven't exactly had a lot of great governors......

Way off topic. Guilty.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's not just rednecks that partake, it's alive and well all over this country.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know you are in Texas V. Is that by choice or for work? I've been there on business a few times. I liked it and the Tex-Mex. Like most places, it's not nearly as bad as its reputation (for being a state full of rednecks). If anything, the state is moving toward being blue, or at least purple. They haven't exactly had a lot of great governors......

Way off topic. Guilty.
This is my third time down here. First, in the Air Force, San Antonio area, second was working in the oil industry designing testing equipment, lived in New Braunfels, North of San Antonio, and the last time, as a "Winter Texan," retiree, spending summers in Wisconsin. Then, 5 years ago, selling our summer place, and making Texas our permanent home. Dead of winter in South Texas, between Harlingen and McAllen, 7 miles from the border, and off and on the rest of the year in the Austin area, where our two sons moved to, after having lived here part of their childhood. It figures out to about 7 months golf cart community in the RGV, and 5 months in the Austin area, which I also love.

I've never had any problem with the Red Necks down here to be honest. The places they haunt aren't the same that I go I guess.

You're right about the people of Texas, in general. Great people, and a great philosophy on life. They also treasure all generations of their families. I've heard Northerners comment about how horrible it is to see 4 generations of a family living under the same roof. I don't see it that way. I see it as how wonderful it is that families would care about their elders as much as they do down here. It's a breath of fresh air.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my third time down here. First, in the Air Force, San Antonio area, second was working in the oil industry designing testing equipment, lived in New Braunfels, North of San Antonio, and the last time, as a "Winter Texan," retiree, spending summers in Wisconsin. Then, 5 years ago, selling our summer place, and making Texas our permanent home. Dead of winter in South Texas, between Harlingen and McAllen, 7 miles from the border, and off and on the rest of the year in the Austin area, where our two sons moved to, after having lived here part of their childhood. It figures out to about 7 months golf cart community in the RGV, and 5 months in the Austin area, which I also love.

I've never had any problem with the Red Necks down here to be honest. The places they haunt aren't the same that I go I guess.

You're right about the people of Texas, in general. Great people, and a great philosophy on life. They also treasure all generations of their families. I've heard Northerners comment about how horrible it is to see 4 generations of a family living under the same roof. I don't see it that way. I see it as how wonderful it is that families would care about their elders as much as they do down here. It's a breath of fresh air.
Your point about dedication to family is well taken and in my limited experience, seen a lot more in the South than in the North. It's one of the nice features of Southern living as I see it. We're from WI, but spent 18 years in CA before moving back to retire. Almost went to Austin, but as you know, it's become very expensive relative to the rest of Texas.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
And how could he text (that's social media Brett) asking if the media would get a hold of his texts? Dumb and dumber. I'm less convinced he's actually a crook and more convinced he's just not that smart. I mean he got hit in the head a LOT. I just don't think he would knowingly take money intended for the poor to build a volleyball court for his alma mater and daughter. He's just not that kind of guy. Just my opinion.
Takes you by the hand, opens the window to the rest of the world and points to all the things even "smart humans" are doing, that make Brett Favre look like an alter boy.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your point about dedication to family is well taken and in my limited experience, seen a lot more in the South than in the North. It's one of the nice features of Southern living as I see it. We're from WI, but spent 18 years in CA before moving back to retire. Almost went to Austin, but as you know, it's become very expensive relative to the rest of Texas.
Austin is expensive, and getting worse every day. The new Tesla plant is going to jack prices up further. The new plant $17 billion plant by Samsung in Taylor. All pushing the housing market prices higher, and creating huge needs. Also, the wages are going up. They're trying to get dispatchers for 911 in this area and starting them at $38k plus benefits, and are striking out. They think it will need to be somewhere in the $50k and up range to really getting what they want.

One thing that's different here is that even in Austin, to work 911, you probably should be bilingual, able to speak Spanish and English.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The whole track his flight back in 08? Was spear headed by the business partner I helped on bretts farve4ever web site.

They bombarded the site and new outlets and begged people on his message board to come with signs etc..

Thats the tame stuff lol

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah there's a history with him of strange things happening, starting with the retire/unretire saga in GB.

He refused to be a make a wish person...he didnt want to deal with sick kids

I was make a wish granter back then

D

Deleted member 6794

I just don't think he would knowingly take money intended for the poor to build a volleyball court for his alma mater and daughter. He's just not that kind of guy. Just my opinion.

I haven't followed the story closely but I think it's quite obvious Favre knew what was going on.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't followed the story closely but I think it's quite obvious Favre knew what was going on.
Maybe. Favre's not the brightest guy in the world and there were others involved. I hate to think that anyone, anywhere would take millions intended for kids or the poor and divert it to themselves. I'm also not naive and know that this happens far too often. Well, once is far too often.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's really pretty sad if Favre knew what was going on, and signs are pointing to that. Taking money intended for the poor and for kids is subhuman. And does Favre need the money? I'm sure he could have built a new volleyball stadium for his daughter by himself. It's sad, all the way around.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure how anyone is denying that he knew. It's quite evident in his text that he most definitely knew what was going on and that it was wrong.
So he's a thief, and a stupid thief at that - putting something incriminating in a text while worrying if the "media" will find out. Texting is part of social media Brett.......

It's all pretty sad, all the way around. A lot of money for the truly needy used to build a volleyball court in Southern Mississippi. Gimme a break.....

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Which is, in and of itself because I recall reading somewhere that Favre did actually earn a degree at Southern Mississippi in "Education" with an emphasis in Special Education. Could it be that before he became a "brand", he had something of a social conscience? Wanted to do "good"? It takes a special breed of person, with cups of compassion running over to even aspire to such a field.

Brett strayed from that bright-eyed young man somewhere along the line - but, I for one never bought into his "aw shucks" personna. One of my favorite quips, usually attributed to LBJ went something like, "When someone tells me they're a country boy, I put my hand on my wallet". Favre is nobody's dummy and I'm part of the crowd who believes he knew exactly what was up. One of the many privileged and wealthy who bemoan social issues impacting us as a whole, but will rip your heart out and eat it in an attempt to get their fair share. This is not a political statement - this is an observation by a near 40-year banker who has witnessed what people turn into when "other people's money" is made available to them. Read into that what you will because I'm not going to elaborate.

Brett Favre, THE MAN that he's become, would probably make Big Irv puke.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not in the slightest bit surprised he'd be cutting corners to "making a deal." It's kind of how things are done, way too often in his neck of the woods.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's all pretty sad, all the way around. A lot of money for the truly needy used to build a volleyball court in Southern Mississippi. Gimme a break.....
Hey, just print more. That's the way they do it, right?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, just print more. That's the way they do it, right?
That, I'm afraid, is the mentality of way too many people. No values, nor understanding of money.

Back on subject..... I think people fail to understand just how self-centered and uncaring these actions were. There's little doubt in my mind that these people were kissing Favre's rear, when he asked how they could find the money for the arena. They would do anything to be part of his "inner circle," which is the "cool kids" on the block.

I've seen this happen. It ain't pretty!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That, I'm afraid, is the mentality of way too many people. No values, nor understanding of money.

Back on subject..... I think people fail to understand just how self-centered and uncaring these actions were. There's little doubt in my mind that these people were kissing Favre's rear, when he asked how they could find the money for the arena. They would do anything to be part of his "inner circle," which is the "cool kids" on the block.

I've seen this happen. It ain't pretty!
You're probably right. I'm guessing that in Mississippi Favre is treated like the governor, or the king, or someone famous. Kind of ridiculous after what we've learned about him (or not learned). Even so, I can almost understand (understand, not condone) wanting to take other people's money if it was so easy. But to take money intended for the poor, for kids - and there's a lot of poverty in the South - well that's deplorable.

Probably not enough to get his name taken down from the Lambeau "ring" but it should be if he did this.