1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite packers childhood memory

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 12, 2012.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    What's your favorite packers childhood memory?

2. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,709
    Ice Bowl.

3. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    I attended the ice bowl on 12/31/67 but was a in my late 20's in 1967.

My childhood days were in the 1940's. During my childhood days thru my young adulthood, I lived just 5 blocks for Old wooden City Stadium, which was Packers's home stadium from 1925 to 1956. The Packers moved over to new City Stadium in 1957, which was renamed Lambeau Field in 1965.

In early 1950's, we teen age Packer fans would climb over the tall wooden fence around old City
    Stadium to watch the Packers play their regular NFL season football games free of charge.

Packer security would kick us out of the game in the first half of the game, but in the sec0nd half of the game, Packer security would let us sit on grass behind the east end zone to watch the 2nd half of the game.

There were times as teen ager in early 1950's , I would work at Packer games as popcorn or hot dog vendor.

I bought my Packer season tickets in 1961, when new city Stadium seating capacity was increased to 38,600 from it's original seating capacity of 32,400

4. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +105
    At the age of 4 or 5, wondering why my dad was calling some of the football players "Rams?" I thought that all football players were called "Packers!"

5. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +62
    Ice Bowl. I remember I was on pins and needles. I jumped out of my chair when Bart went in for the score.

6. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    I like the 1961 championship game. It was ice cold, we kicked the Giants tail, and the whole team performed.
    It was Vince's first championship ring. Until that day we never really had the full respect of the rest of the league.
    Most of all I remember the cheerleaders at half time showing the fans and viewers how to do " The Twist " right at midfield. And I can still do it today.

7. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,230
    Greatest memory isn't from MY childhood ... it's from my son's. His first trip to Lambeau for a REAL game and the look on his face as we reached the top of the ramp where he could see everything...the entire field, the press box on the West side all the people, the sounds and smells ... "Awwwwwwwwwwww Dad....cooooooool!" I'll never forget it.

8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    Hard to say. I would have to mention my favorite CHILDHOOD memory would be when the Packers won Super Bowl XXXI and I rubbed it in the face of my Cowboys-fan step brother, because the previous season he rubbed my face in the Cowboys beating the Packers in the NFCC.

9. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    Mine was when Clay Mathews was throwing Favre to the ground at Lambeau. Yeah, I know that was very recent, but my wife is always telling me how childish I am. So that's my favorite "childhood memory"!

10. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Going to Packer camp in Aug 1964. Was able to get a few autographs

11. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Watching my first game from "veterans hill" by County Stadium. It was my first Packer game. I couldn't afford to go but you were allowed to watch the game from there if you pushed a veteran up there. I recall being able to see about 2/3 of the field. The veteran shared peanuts with us.

12. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    I was about 12 when Hasselbeck uttered my favorite line:

"We want the ball, and we're going to score."

13. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    1996/97 Superbowl with Reggie White. I'll never forget that moment.

14. sped2010

sped2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Singing with the Green Bay Children's Choir at Reggie White's retirement.

"We think it's only right that we honor him tonight... our special guest of honor... Reggie... Reggie... Reggie... WHITE!"

Also, no school the day after we won the Super Bowl in '96 so everyone could attend the welcome back parade. That was awesome.

15. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    I don't remember the year, but I remember asking my dad why the Packers weren't playing in the Super Bowl. I thought that they played in every football game on tv!

16. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Hmmm, im only 19 so my obvious answer is Super Bowl 45.

17. Cheesehead 786

Cheesehead 786 Go Pack! Go Blue!

Ratings:
    +3
    Beating the Bears in the 2010 NFC Championship, I was 18.