Fan Wagon

Reaction score
Now that the Holiday's are hear and talking Packers with friends and neighbors,
ever notice how fans are jumping off the "fan wagon" and talking down our beloved Packers?

My bother-in-law changed his cheering 4 times this year for different teams......LOL
Of course he still thinks Paton Manning is still playing football.
I can't believe he and my wife came from the same womb.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the risk of beating that poor, deceased horse again, talking down things/people that deserve it isn't an indication of bandwagon jumping - we're still on the wagon

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the risk of beating that poor, deceased horse again, talking down things/people that deserve it isn't an indication of bandwagon jumping - we're still on the wagon
Yeah, it's not really bandwagon jumping, it's more like sharks circling when there's blood in the water.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys have my attention. One can't be a fan and still criticize various aspect of the team? Those are the fans at Packerchatters. Many of us are long-time fans that don't want to see the team deteriorate.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that the Holiday's are hear and talking Packers with friends and neighbors,
ever notice how fans are jumping off the "fan wagon" and talking down our beloved Packers?

My bother-in-law changed his cheering 4 times this year for different teams......LOL
Of course he still thinks Paton Manning is still playing football.
I can't believe he and my wife came from the same womb.

In soccer, we call then Glory Hunters...they claim to enjoy 'the game' and it's just sheer happenstance that the team they are supporting that month is the most successful other there at that time.:confused:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You guys have my attention. One can't be a fan and still criticize various aspect of the team? Those are the fans at Packerchatters. Many of us are long-time fans that don't want to see the team deteriorate.
I think some "fans" confuse sensible, constructive and consistent conversations about every aspect (positive and negative) about The Packers as "not being on board with those blowing horns and shaking their poms poms"....I know most band wagons have to be drawn by horses with blinders on, to prevent the horses from getting spooked, but for a "fan" to wear blinders might either have them missing a step and falling off that wagon or suddenly realize they really were never standing in a wagon at all.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I saw a bandwagon effect following the '95 season. Fanbase really changed, particularly at Lambeau. A lot of us long timers noticed... Hell, I couldn't jump off the bandwagon now - not even if they signed Kareem Hunt... I think my shoes are nailed to the wagon.

Latest posts