Falcons game, The Coaches blew it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With all due respect longtimefan, yes it is hindsight but almost any fourth down conversion in an intense game is viewed as important. Even during the game it felt like a blow when it happened. Looking at the first replay, it took me two times seeing it to see the ball hit the ground. The second one shown later removed all doubt that it wasn't caught but it was too late.

Yup I agree a completed 4th down play is important, cuz more than likely its a close game, specially when its near the red zone..

But no real evidence that it was not a catch..As someone one?? pointed out, no players (not that I heard of) on the field went nutts that it was trapped..So MM went with what his eyes saw and what his players saw that it was a completed catch

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The coaches didn't blow this one...Sorry guys, it was me, I blew it for the Packers this past sunday...I didn't have my Rodgers jersey on at kickoff...I was late putting it on b/c I went over a friends house & was distracted trying to get a stream of the game on the laptop...my fault guys, please find it in your hearts to forgive me

You are forgiven...next time wear your jersey to bed on Saturday night.:superstition:

OP
OP
A

Angel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was a major mistake by the coaches, it was 4th down, throw the red flag and at worst all you lose is a timeout but if the plays overturned you Get The Ball Back !!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wait...how old are you?

LOL....64, even older than longtimefan's mother. Maybe I should call myself longertimefan?

*I am a "snow bird". we fly south for the winter. Maybe that is why LTF was confused that my IP showed I was posting from Phoenix and claimed I was from Green Bay. Rest assured, my posts in spring will show an IP from Green Bay*

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL....64, even older than longtimefan's mother. Maybe I should call myself longertimefan?

*I am a "snow bird". we fly south for the winter. Maybe that is why LTF was confused that my IP showed I was posting from Phoenix and claimed I was from Green Bay. Rest assured, my posts in spring will show an IP from Green Bay*

My mom is 84, I have a sister ALMOST as old as you

Nice try

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My mom is 84, I have a sister ALMOST as old as you

Nice try

Sir, why do you continue jerking me around. I have done nothing to offend you. Let me quote you on shout box: "The Texan's defense is 31st against the pass. I think my mama can throw for 200 on them and she is 63 by the way."

So which is it? She is 84 or 63. You continue to trash talk me and I thought that was forbidden. Please grow up. I know you do not like me, but keep it in *** please.

Not a nice try on your part.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
longtimefan....excuse me...you were quoting sanders I believe about mama's age being 63...my bad.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect longtimefan, yes it is hindsight but almost any fourth down conversion in an intense game is viewed as important. Even during the game it felt like a blow when it happened. Looking at the first replay, it took me two times seeing it to see the ball hit the ground. The second one shown later removed all doubt that it wasn't caught but it was too late.

Unfortunately, this is the replay our coaching staff had access to. They didn't see a replay of it nearly as fast as we did from home.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is the replay our coaching staff had access to. They didn't see a replay of it nearly as fast as we did from home.
That's such complete BS. How is it that if that's one of their main jobs to do, somehow, we as fans are able to make a better call and see it first. What a stupid system.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's such complete BS. How is it that if that's one of their main jobs to do, somehow, we as fans are able to make a better call and see it first. What a stupid system.

I agree, but the flip side is we benefit from it too. We were the beneficiary of the same system when we played the Vikings at home on Quarless' TD catch, so it can go both ways.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Of course that's the way it is. I'd rather it be up to those calling the game though. It just doesn't feel/seem right at all.

In our current situation now, the way we call challenges, I'd rather MM get all the help he can get.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love to blame coaches as much as the next guy (although I really love to blame REFS, who I feel don't get their deserved share of blame), but McCarthy is NOT at all to blame one bit for that play. None.

None of us suspected he didn't catch it, LIVE.
Even the DBs and LBs near Gonzalez suspected it.

Nobody would have ever known had they not shown that 2nd replay.

The system still sucks, but it's gotten better at least. I still blame the refs though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts