Expectations for 2020

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It still seems like Arod does not take advantage of that. He threw to MVS last week with two guys on him. I wish he would look quickly for an easy 15 yards.
Are you talking about the one where Rodgers knew it was a free play? I would hope Rodgers would take a shot down the field every single time in that scenario.

Also - the reason why the underneath stuff will work is because defenses will know that Rodgers will go over the top to MVS.

You're making a very ill informed and weak point.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If teams have to consistently respect MVS over the top, I cannot emphasize enough how much that will open up the rest of the field. Very critical that MVS continue to produce.
and if he catches that 3rd down pass in stride like he should have, he could have potentially turned that one into a score with his speed. If he can do that with underneath stuff too, he becomes scary at every level for defenses. Just stay focused young man and keep working, you can get there.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
and if he catches that 3rd down pass in stride like he should have, he could have potentially turned that one into a score with his speed.
DB was closing fast. A first down was assured but not much more.
Are you talking about the one where Rodgers knew it was a free play?
Free play was single coverage. 8:05

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
DB was closing fast. A first down was assured but not much more.

Free play was single coverage. 8:05
There was another one though where Rodgers was in the pocket for a few seconds and saw a defensive holding I believe it was, and heaved it down the field to MVS with two defenders on him. It ended up being incomplete and the Packers accepted the penalty. Can’t remember what juncture of the game right now.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There was another one though where Rodgers was in the pocket for a few seconds and saw a defensive holding I believe it was, and heaved it down the field to MVS with two defenders on him. It ended up being incomplete and the Packers accepted the penalty. Can’t remember what juncture of the game right now.
OK that wouldn't be on the highlight reel.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not complaining but I disagree that just because you have a free play; you chuck it downfield long each time.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm not complaining but I disagree that just because you have a free play; you chuck it downfield long each time.
Rodgers was already in the pocket for a few seconds, noticed the hold, and heaved it to MVS. He didn't really have a lot of time to think to do anything else.

Your original point though was that you wish he would look at some of the underneath stuff. I'm not sure how closely you've watched the first two games of the season, but that's exactly what he's been doing. But he's not going to ignore a shot down the field if it's there.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was already in the pocket for a few seconds, noticed the hold, and heaved it to MVS. He didn't really have a lot of time to think to do anything else.

Your original point though was that you wish he would look at some of the underneath stuff. I'm not sure how closely you've watched the first two games of the season, but that's exactly what he's been doing. But he's not going to ignore a shot down the field if it's there.
By underneath in those cases, I am thinking minimum 15 yards down the field.

D

Deleted member 6794

A free play allows Rodgers to take more risk. That's why it makes sense to throw it deep on most occasions. I agree that it would be smart to complete a shorter pass underneath if a receiver ends up wide open in that range though.

Members online

Latest posts