1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Ex-Packer Mark Chmura - Finley's Career is "Over"

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bensalama21, Nov 12, 2013.

1. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    We had a thread already

When you put your title in for the new thread and you go into the box to type your message ....Automatically a LIKE or SIMILAR thread link will pop up.

Look at the examples I just did

2.JPG

3.JPG

Merged the two threads

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,408
    Chmura's career ended as a result of herniated C5 and C6 disks. Finley suffers from herniated C3 and C4 disks.

Regardless of what you think of Chmura's personal life, he was speaking from some experience with the injury and playing the position.

Nonethless, each instance has to be taken individually. Peyton Manning had a spinal fusion and is doing pretty well, I think. However, a comeback is more problematic for a guy who isn't a QB where the risks go up with the frequency of high impact hits.

In any case, now that he's going under the knife as it were, I think it's a fair assumption we will not be signing him before or during the FA signing period; he'll only be back if everybody else takes a pass.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +250
    Chmura's prognosis has nothing to do with it but I think Finley will get medical advice not to play football again. Even if he does, it probably won't be in 2014 and in any case not with Green Bay. The Packers will and should put their money toward other players. Finley has never been consistent or durable enough to fulfill expectations for him and the team's need of him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Finley's camp saying he's having the surgery and he fully expects to play football again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Agent talk.

6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,010
    I don't care who he plays for..i'll still be happy to see him back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +318
    Thanks! I realized after I posted, I screwed up. Sorry!

8. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Okay, I'll be THAT guy.... I hope Chewy's right. And I'd almost bet my house too that he's done as a Packer.

From a business side, I did't want to pay him next year anyways.

From a person that understand's that football is REALLY insignificant in the broad scheme of things, I really hope that he hang's them up. Maybe I'm off kilter, but if I had a son that walked up to me and begged me not to play again, and then this... I dunno man, I'd really need to think twice. Likewise, if I had a father that had gone thru what JMike did this season, I'd BEG him not to do it anymore. Family always comes first IMHO. Be happy that you are going to be okay, enjoy your family. Your agent said that financially you have done well, managed it well. Unless he's lying, then I can't see the reason to put your family through it. And risk what you're risking.

But that's just me. I get the love of the game, the passion, the addiction. But when the ppl around you, that care for you, are begging you not to, maybe you should listen. The Packers did it with Collins. He wanted to play, the addicted side of him. Kudos to the Packers for looking out for HIS best interests when he wasn't able to...

Same applies here

9. DOCTORAPK

DOCTORAPK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +25
    Football or no.....I ABSOLUTELY WISH HIM NO MORE HARM. Whatever happens...I hope things work out well for him.

10. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,457
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    fin is up n walking and on a flight back to GB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    • Like Like x 1
  13. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    That is superior! It is also the best news I've had all day. (That might be an indication of the day I had). Reading your post made me smile. I'm happy for the kid.

14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I hope this entire thread is just wrong! Because it's just wrong! WRONG!

15. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Even my posts?? {sniff...sniff...} ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    mine tooo!?:eek:

17. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Kitten, we're waiting ... and we're hurt... just cut to the quick. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,890
    You want the truth ???? you couldn`t handle the truth !!! :D (damn, what was the film ?)

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Few Good Men

Nicloson and Crusie

20. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,890
    Thats the one ;). Thank you

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Since this is the current Finley thread I thought I would post this here and hopefully I'll get a response.

Finley got a fine for a hit on a player that I don't think ended that player's season. He was going to appeal it, which I agree with.
    Have there been any updates on that situation? I'm not sure if he had time to appeal before the Browns game and since then.
    And what about the player who hit Finley? I don't think he was fined. Probably because Finley lowered his head to protect his knees so that he wouldn't go out the way Cobb did.
    And that bothers me. That Finley got it worse on trying to do the right thing.
    Everything just seems so unfair for him and right when he was starting to get better.
    Seems like a lose-lose situation. I guess if one doesn't want to get injured, then don't play football.
    This is the only sport where men hit each other hard like this week after week, punishing their bodies beyond what the body can take.

22. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,977
    No one thought the guy that tackled Finley should have been fined as it was a clean hit to them.
    http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/n...ine-Tashaun-Gipson-for-hit-on-?blockID=954597

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Yeah, truthfully, I didn't think it was a dirty hit myself. I thought it was more like the hit that took out Nick Collins ( http://www.nfl.com/videos/green-bay-packers/09000d5d82257183/Collins-suffers-neck-injury } -- I mean, it was such an incidental kind of thing that when watching, you'd never for a minute think that could end a career. Anyway, while I was looking for video footage of that Collins' injury, I found this story from the Milwaukee Journal. Anything sound familiar?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...l-after-fusion-surgery-mo4u26m-146925665.html