Even Lee wasn't free from Favre's Humor.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
That is a classic I hadn't heard... way to loosen them up Brett!

4. Green Bay (13-3). A piece of the Packers is missing today. A big piece, if you ask me. Lee Remmel retired the other day after 62 years -- 62 years! -- covering and working for the team. He first covered the Packers in 1945 as a beat reporter for the Green Bay Press-Gazette -- wrote about the team for 30 years, then began a PR career for the team in 1974.

I'll always remember Remmel's great press box cuisine at Lambeau in the 1980s. Lee would have a giant cheese wheel. I mean, a 10- or 15-pound wheel of Wisconsin cheddar, something to snack on through the game, along with the greatest brats ever served in a stadium.

Later, he got to be close with Brett Favre, so close that Favre played the kind of jokes on Remmel that he'd play on Reggie White or the newest rookie. Like this one: "We get on the bus before a Monday night game in Chicago, and I put a remote-control fart machine under Lee's seat. He sits right behind Mike [Holmgren]. I sit about four seats back. It's real quiet on the bus. The machine's got four different fart settings. I got the remote, and I hit one, and it goes off. Everybody looks around. Then I hit another one, a different one, and now everyone's looking at Lee, like he's got a little problem. Mike's in front of him, and you know Mike. He's always so serious before the game. But I can almost see him shaking, laughing a little. Lee was so mad at me. He wouldn't acknowledge me for a week.''

Remmel survived Favre's needles, was a pro's pro and served the people in our business well for a long time.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did something similar at school once. As many of you know, I'm a high school principal. One day a student brought one of those machines into a classroom and had some fun with it. The teacher didn't think it was all that funny so she confiscated the machine and gave it to me. I told the kid I would give it to him at Christmas break and that he wasn't to bring it back, etc.

In the meantime, I taped it under my secretary's chair. A couple of parents came in and as she was talking to them, I was pushing the remote control buttons. The parents were trying so hard not to laugh and my secretary was as red as an apple. She laughed about it but it took a little while....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking it was Lee our TE.

That's too funny. That Lee wasn't exactly a young guy, so maybe Lee was thinking hopefully the other people weren't thinking that he had a "problem." You know how some folks get when they get older. :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did something similar at school once. As many of you know, I'm a high school principal. One day a student brought one of those machines into a classroom and had some fun with it. The teacher didn't think it was all that funny so she confiscated the machine and gave it to me. I told the kid I would give it to him at Christmas break and that he wasn't to bring it back, etc.

In the meantime, I taped it under my secretary's chair. A couple of parents came in and as she was talking to them, I was pushing the remote control buttons. The parents were trying so hard not to laugh and my secretary was as red as an apple. She laughed about it but it took a little while....
Sounds like something I would do!!! :lol: