Euro 2016

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany is not playing with the urgency that Ireland is. Muller missed several fairly easy shots already.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ireland definitely deserved that victory. I guess this German team is going to struggle without Lahm. ;):)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sh***, Lewandowski again. Now it doesnt matter anymore.....
Would have been nice to hold out for a win but in the end it would have been meaningless anyways, the damage was done away against Georgia and not getting at least a draw at home to Germany. Taking four points of Ireland who finished above Scotland says it all, not good enough yet. But i hope Strachan stays as coach hes doing as good as he can with what hes got.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Ireland definitely deserved that victory. I guess this German team is going to struggle without Lahm. ;):)

They miss Klose badly too. Gotze going down early and Basti getting hurt in practice really dropped them. They aren't quite as deep as bayern ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Would have been nice to hold out for a win but in the end it would have been meaningless anyways, the damage was done away against Georgia and not getting at least a draw at home to Germany. Taking four points of Ireland who finished above Scotland says it all, not good enough yet. But i hope Strachan stays as coach hes doing as good as he can with what hes got.

I gotta give Ritchie and Fletcher some kudos... they both scored great goals.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we'd held on for the win, we could have still finished 3rd if ireland beat the sausage rolls on sunday. the damage wasn't totally done in georgia, though that performance was garbage. a draw in poland after being in the lead, not holding on to a draw in germany, losing to the germans at hampden, wasn't impressed with our play away to ireland either, all these were missed opportunities to a degree

i blame ze germans, they're the wurst. couldn't even beat ireland for us

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
if we'd held on for the win, we could have still finished 3rd if ireland beat the sausage rolls on sunday. the damage wasn't totally done in georgia, though that performance was garbage. a draw in poland after being in the lead, not holding on to a draw in germany, losing to the germans at hampden, wasn't impressed with our play away to ireland either, all these were missed opportunities to a degree

I actually read on one forum that some fans think Germany deliberately lost that one because they wanted Ireland to advance. :confused:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score

For me i don't blame anyone apart from the players or the Defence in particular, tough group (not so sure) so what deal with it. Poland should have been beaten twice, they are not great but have a decent striker. Germany Hmmm i don't know whats wrong there very sluggish as for Ireland hardly any better than Scotland.

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually read on one forum that some fans think Germany deliberately lost that one because they wanted Ireland to advance. :confused:
b*sh** !
The German team certainly would have preferred to be already qualified for France instead of losing against Ireland and now needing at least a draw against Georgia to do so.

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Come on, thats not fair. ;)
No doubt that this was an awful performance yesterday but in the end you have to win your own games instead of relying on other teams results.
But despite of this I fully agree, the loss against Georgia is what hurts. I'm sorry for you guys, I would have loved to see your team in France.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me i don't blame anyone apart from the players or the Defence in particular, tough group (not so sure) so what deal with it. Poland should have been beaten twice, they are not great but have a decent striker. Germany Hmmm i don't know whats wrong there very sluggish as for Ireland hardly any better than Scotland.
i agree sir, it's not being able to hold on to what we've a few time that has cost us. it was always going to be tough for us coming out of the fourth pot for these qualifiers. just got to hope for WC2018 qualification, and stick it to the English hopefully

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on, thats not fair. ;)
No doubt that this was an awful performance yesterday but in the end you have to win your own games instead of relying on other teams results.
But despite of this I fully agree, the loss against Georgia is what hurts. I'm sorry for you guys, I would have loved to see your team in France.
i don't think it was a bad performance from us yesterday, just a couple of mistakes cost us in the end.

sorry about my joke, sausage based humour is a desired taste. but i'll never knock the germans, and never mind us jocks, we'll be bock. i'm taking my brat to Pitoddrie tomorrow to see scotland v france U21, she has a knack of eating more than i do at games.
ok i think thats enough now

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
i don't think it was a bad performance from us yesterday, just a couple of mistakes cost us in the end.

sorry about my joke, sausage based humour is a desired taste. but i'll never knock the germans, and never mind us jocks, we'll be bock. i'm taking my brat to Pitoddrie tomorrow to see scotland v france U21, she has a knack of eating more than i do at games.
Oh jeez..:sick::sick::sick:

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hands down, you're a true connaisseur of German wurst ! :tup::laugh:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

i agree sir, it's not being able to hold on to what we've a few time that has cost us. it was always going to be tough for us coming out of the fourth pot for these qualifiers. just got to hope for WC2018 qualification, and stick it to the English hopefully

You're barred ;)

Members online

Latest posts