Euro 2016

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
At least Ronaldo had NOTHING to do with the win. He doesn't even deserve a trophy. What an arsehat.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I'm not big on Euro history, but Portugal have to be one of the worst teams to win it all, right?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm not big on Euro history, but Portugal have to be one of the worst teams to win it all, right?
Certainly the luckiest i would suggest, to qualify third from a group and win as little in the 90mins. Wales would have been worthier finalists.

OP
OP
mhnessie

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, this was the worst Euro I've ever watched and it's likely to get even worse, especially regarding the scheme of the tournament.
Next Euro will have 24 teams again and will be played in 13 countries (Azerbaijan for example!), strange. :rolleyes:
Looks like TV money is the most important thing today und it explains why people are getting tired of watching the National Team, even here in Germany.
Looking forward to the next Bundesliga season and my team HSV, that's what counts and matters to me !

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Renato Sanches named "Young Player of the Tournament", with Kingsley Coman also listed as a runner up. Good time to be a Bayern fan...

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Renato Sanches named "Young Player of the Tournament", with Kingsley Coman also listed as a runner up. Good time to be a Bayern fan...

Unfortunately this just goes to show the lack of quality in youngsters coming through the ranks - Sanches and Coman just average 'bread & butter' footballers. Imagine what impact a young Ronaldo would have on the European stage in today's world.
Glad it's all over for another 4 years. Roll on the NFL season!

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Unfortunately this just goes to show the lack of quality in youngsters coming through the ranks - Sanches and Coman just average 'bread & butter' footballers. Imagine what impact a young Ronaldo would have on the European stage in today's world.
Glad it's all over for another 4 years. Roll on the NFL season!

Hmmm....If there was a lack of quality youngsters don't you think teams like Portugal and France would play the better and more experienced players? Instead Sanches has become the youngest player to ever win a Euro. I don't think your logic quite adds up.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm....If there was a lack of quality youngsters don't you think teams like Portugal and France would play the better and more experienced players? Instead Sanches has become the youngest player to ever win a Euro. I don't think your logic quite adds up.

Agree Sanches has become the youngest winner - albeit in a very poor tournament. Time will no doubt prove just how good these two youngsters will become, but they are no where near the standards Ronaldo set when he was that age.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Agree Sanches has become the youngest winner - albeit in a very poor tournament. Time will no doubt prove just how good these two youngsters will become, but they are no where near the standards Ronaldo set when he was that age.

Well there is no debate there. But saying they aren't as talented because they haven't hit his standards is kind of like saying Aaron Rodgers isn't talented because he hasn't hit Joe Montana's standards. (Not trying to start a debate on that lol, just an analogy)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well there is no debate there. But saying they aren't as talented because they haven't hit his standards is kind of like saying Aaron Rodgers isn't talented because he hasn't hit Joe Montana's standards. (Not trying to start a debate on that lol, just an analogy)

Nah. Around here if you want to start a debate just say AR12 doesn't hit Favre standards. :whistling:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Such a missed opportunity for the Pack but he flew under the radar, not bad for chicken legs he wasn't called the comeback king for nothing. Nevermind Swings and Roundabouts, at least we have Aaron the homeboy who the 9ers passed on. And the Legend that is Mr Starr.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Such a missed opportunity for the Pack but he flew under the radar, not bad for chicken legs he wasn't called the comeback king for nothing. Nevermind Swings and Roundabouts, at least we have Aaron the homeboy who the 9ers passed on. And the Legend that is Mr Starr.

Biggest mistake the Niners ever made draft wise

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Bastian Schweinsteiger has retired from international play. Thanks for the memories Basti!