EPL and British Football

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
of course you have to come to Scotland again, we're way friendlier than those ***** south of the border :roflmao:

(edit) really t-wats is censored?

I need to come too. I've only waded thru the poop of London and I didn't like it so I didn't venture anywhere else in the UK. A bit short-minded probably.

I'll come and help vote for your Independence and sing Scotland the Brave and drink some whisky. I outta fit right in. :p:D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Sam Allardyce will be offered the England Mangers Job.........:eek::D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36850753

Key facts & figures
  • Allardyce has never won a major trophy as a manager
  • He has a 33.6% Premier League career win percentage
  • Sunderland's average possession last season was 39.94%
  • 21% of their passes were 'long', compared with 14.4% at Eddie Howe's Bournemouth
  • Sunderland were seven points adrift of safety at the start of January - but lost just one of final 11 games to escape relegation

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Key facts & figures
  • 21% of their passes were 'long', compared with 14.4% at Eddie Howe's Bournemouth
  • Sunderland were seven points adrift of safety at the start of January - but lost just one of final 11 games to escape relegation

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good Luck England.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Key facts & figures
Holy sh**, isn't there a single young and promising manager in England that could take over instead of Big Sam ? :cautious:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Holy sh**, isn't there a single young and promising manager in England that could take over instead of Big Sam ? :cautious:
Harry Redknapp or even Glen Hoddle would have been a better choice for them, the Football they play under Allardyce will be Brutal. :eek::D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm so happy that something like this can't happen over here.
A Chinese club owner is among the least things that I wish to happen for my team and my club but we have a different system over here so I might not be fair.
However, I hope it turns out to be a good move for Wolves but regarding the money that they are about to invest - 20 or 30m are almost nothing nowadays in a absolutely overheated transfer market. I assume way more money might be needed to bring Wolves back to the EPL.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Wow, I'm so happy that something like this can't happen over here.
A Chinese club owner is among the least things that I wish to happen for my team and my club but we have a different system over here so I might not be fair.
However, I hope it turns out to be a good move for Wolves but regarding the money that they are about to invest - 20 or 30m are almost nothing nowadays in a absolutely overheated transfer market. I assume way more money might be needed to bring Wolves back to the EPL.

I'd love for us to be fan owned, but the way the English game is going, it just isn't realistic. For example, in the Championship last season Derby County spent £26m last summer, and still didn't make the playoffs. This is the world we're living in, well in English football anyway.

The £30m investment is a minimum, they're billionaires, so I'd assume there'll be more, but it wouldn't be good for a football club to come out in the press saying we're going to spend £100m, as asking prices for potential players would double overnight.

I guess we just need to watch this space.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Lol wow.....THAT is the best England could find?

Seems to mild mannered of a guy especially someone who invests time in yoga for his players. England needs a hard nosed coach who will tell them the first day they aren't as good as they think they are and whip into shape.

The 3 Lions are going to be more like the 3 kittens. :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Seems to mild mannered of a guy especially someone who invests time in yoga for his players. England needs a hard nosed coach who will tell them the first day they aren't as good as they think they are and whip into shape.

The 3 Lions are going to be more like the 3 kittens. :D

Tell us again how successful the U.S.A. team are ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love for us to be fan owned, but the way the English game is going, it just isn't realistic. For example, in the Championship last season Derby County spent £26m last summer, and still didn't make the playoffs. This is the world we're living in, well in English football anyway.

The £30m investment is a minimum, they're billionaires, so I'd assume there'll be more, but it wouldn't be good for a football club to come out in the press saying we're going to spend £100m, as asking prices for potential players would double overnight.

I guess we just need to watch this space.
Fully agree, and to be honest I expect the 50+1 rule to fall in the near future. Many clubs here have already brought in strategic partners.
Regarding the asking prices for potential players for Wolves - think they're already doubled right after the announcement that Chinese billionaires took over the club, regardless of any transfer budgets that are mentioned in the press.
This transfer period will be exciting for Wolves fans ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Quite interesting when you count both men's and women's World Cup winners, only 11 countries have won the World Cup. (Counting West Germany and Germany as 1 country)

Uruguay
Italy
Germany
Brazil
England
Argentina
France
Spain
USA
Norway
Japan

So USA is on the list and countries like Netherlands, Hungary, Portugal, Belgium, Czech Republic... etc are not on the list.

Just saying.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Quite interesting when you count both men's and women's World Cup winners, only 11 countries have won the World Cup. (Counting West Germany and Germany as 1 country)

Uruguay
Italy
Germany
Brazil
England
Argentina
France
Spain
USA
Norway
Japan

So USA is on the list and countries like Netherlands, Hungary, Portugal, Belgium, Czech Republic... etc are not on the list.

Just saying.
In all fairness to them those Hungary and Dutch sides form the 50s-70's were special, and should have won at least one World Cup. And Uruguay a country with such a small population has won it two times........that is something.

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
In all fairness to them those Hungary and Dutch sides form the 50s-70's were special, and should have won at least one World Cup. And Uruguay a country with such a small population has won it two times........that is something.

I agree that Hungary, Yugolavia, and Dutch teams were really great. Yet, no trophy. But the USA always gets bagged on with comments like, "How many have the USA won"? Well how many have the Dutch won? I don't see people constantly bagging on them.

I did notice the USA was the 3rd place team in the very 1st World Cup.

Members online