EPL and British Football

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
isn't the building the best part about Ikea purchases, i love flat-pack myself, but then i am a goalkepper and a bit mad
It might be the best part of it as long as they dont forget to pack all items you need and you dont have to drive to your next IKEA again to get it. Especially on a Friday evening right after Christmas :rolleyes::mad:
And I've never thought it takes me 6 hours to do it though its quite a large wardrobe with many drawers to assemble...;)
Was really mad about it because I couldnt watch the EPL games on Saturday afternoon and I wanted to finish it. ;)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didn't see any of yesterdays footy, as i was at me folks with my bairn as it was my mums birthday, then was watchin our first playoff match of the season last night so had to record match of the day, almost thought about watching it after the pack game but the thought of not getting to bed until 2am then still getting up for work today wasn't very appealing

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didn't see any of yesterdays footy, as i was at me folks with my bairn as it was my mums birthday, then was watchin our first playoff match of the season last night so had to record match of the day, almost thought about watching it after the pack game but the thought of not getting to bed until 2am then still getting up for work today wasn't very appealing
What was the match of the day ? Chelsea - Liverpool ? Good game, awesome goal by Hazard. ;)
Agree, didnt want to get up this morning too but it helps that its a very quiet day at the office as many people are still not at work until Thursday. Enough time to watch the winning TD from last night again and again....:D

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm also not particularly busy, though some of my colleagues stupidity does not help. i'm all up-to-date for now hence why on here atm, being a jocklander i get the 1st and 2nd of Jan off for new years, gotta love that s***

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm also not particularly busy, though some of my colleagues stupidity does not help. i'm all up-to-date for now hence why on here atm, being a jocklander i get the 1st and 2nd of Jan off for new years, gotta love that s***
You guys dont have to work on January 2nd? Its a public holiday ? :cautious:
Hmmm, perhaps I should think about moving to Scotland? :cool::D

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
go for it Nessie, there's always plenty jobs going where i live as there is very low unemplyment rate in Aberdeen. only problem is that in my job, my office is always real busy so all the other public holidays during the year, all other UK offices are closed, or close early and we are open all day, those days suck a bit

and yep, the 2nd Jan is a Scottish holiday, one of many reasons it's great to be a jock!!

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Ok, what is a jocklander?

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What was the match of the day ? Chelsea - Liverpool ? Good game, awesome goal by Hazard. ;)
Agree, didnt want to get up this morning too but it helps that its a very quiet day at the office as many people are still not at work until Thursday. Enough time to watch the winning TD from last night again and again....:D

Great win for the Pack. My team just snuck into the playoffs as well... barely. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
go for it Nessie, there's always plenty jobs going where i live as there is very low unemplyment rate in Aberdeen. only problem is that in my job, my office is always real busy so all the other public holidays during the year, all other UK offices are closed, or close early and we are open all day, those days suck a bit

and yep, the 2nd Jan is a Scottish holiday, one of many reasons it's great to be a jock!!

Thats good to hear, always thought, for whatever reason, Scottish economy is struggling like the Irish.:tup:
In Germany the number of public holidays depends on where you live. In Hamburg we have at least three days less than Bavarians....:rolleyes:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Like sandolf you're a Chargers fan too, right ? :cautious: Congrats Bundesbiers and I think Chargers will have a good chance to beat the Bengals. Anything can happen in the playoffs ! ;)

The Bengals already beat us this year (in our house). My confidence is not as high on having a good chance, but you are certainly correct, anything can happen from here on out. The #6 seed in the AFC has set a precedence for Super Bowl winners. The Ravens and Steelers both won Super Bowls being the #6 seed, and something tells me the Patriots might have as well.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Jock is a nickname for Scottish people, Bundesbiers ;)
Didnt know this too until the fellow Packer Backer PackerFan71 explained it to me some months ago
here on this forum :tup:

Interesting. I always called them Mac's or Scotty's. :p:D

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, a Totty fan. Good mix in here. Totty looked great against Stoke.

was born and raised Tottenham (unfortunately at times) yes we did, much better football being played Under sherwood to be honest, feel entertained watching tottenham again, hopefully we can start pushing for a top 4 finish, would be a great first year for TS

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
was born and raised Tottenham (unfortunately at times) yes we did, much better football being played Under sherwood to be honest, feel entertained watching tottenham again, hopefully we can start pushing for a top 4 finish, would be a great first year for TS
Welcome. Whats wrong with you Scots ?
Still waiting for the first Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs or whatever fan to join us ;):D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott's my name, not my nationality;) haha! but my dad was Scottish, but no i was born and raised in England
Aaaaah, my bad, sorry. :oops:
Just read Scot + Wallace (i missed it was Scott) and thought of Scot + William Wallace, must be a Scotsman.
Obviously I'm half as smart as I thought :x3::D

Members online

Latest posts