EPL and British Football

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Kompany :rolleyes:
Never thought he could be such a good football player, has improved so much after he left Hamburg !

One could argue that he is the best central defender in the Premiership... (if not all of football).

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
good win for sunderland yesterday, away to everton, just a shame all the other relegation rivals picked up points also

@Bundesbiers damn you lot were lucky yesterday

Hehehe. The first red card was a little harsh against stoke. Not quite sure it deserved a 2nd yellow for a red. The 2nd red card was definitely deserved. And then Remy missed the PK, crap, it could have been 6-1. We have Arsenal this weekend at home. Hope for a good showing.

Good for Sunderland. But that was a little crazy with the other teams in/near the drop zone also picked up points. Fulham was the one that surprised me the most.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I didn't even realize I was playing you today. :(

An interesting stat. Of all of the entries in the Pitch Howlers, most of the teams qualified for the Cup and only two were eliminated in round one. Resusitation FC and nada nuevo... (who unfortunately lost by a single point).

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, another EPL football afternoon on my sofa ahead of me on Sunday :tup:
They air Newcastle - Arsenal and Chelsea against Liverpool. :)
I was surprised to read that Spurs gave Tim Sherwood a 2 year contract extension as their headcoach.
Have to admit never heard of him before, any opinons of him ? Can he handle the job ? :cautious:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
An interesting stat. Of all of the entries in the Pitch Howlers, most of the teams qualified for the Cup and only two were eliminated in round one. Resusitation FC and nada nuevo... (who unfortunately lost by a single point).

Wow, I hadn't even noticed how the others fared.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Ha, another EPL football afternoon on my sofa ahead of me on Sunday :tup:
They air Newcastle - Arsenal and Chelsea against Liverpool. :)
I was surprised to read that Spurs gave Tim Sherwood a 2 year contract extension as their headcoach.
Have to admit never heard of him before, any opinons of him ? Can he handle the job ? :cautious:

He was a good solid player as i remember, but this quote made me laugh. ''During his time at Blackburn Kenny Dalglish was told by his chairman "Why do you want to sign Zidane and Dugarry when we have Tim Sherwood?" :roflmao:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a good solid player as i remember, but this quote made me laugh. ''During his time at Blackburn Kenny Dalglish was told by his chairman "Why do you want to sign Zidane and Dugarry when we have Tim Sherwood?" :roflmao:
As if Zidane ever would have played for Blackburn. :rolleyes:;)
Nevertheless nice comparison, I wonder if this chairman ever has seen Zizou playing football ? :cautious::D

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Malky McKay relieved of his duties by a foreign owner whos football kmowledge you could write on the back of a stamp. Who allows these idiots to buy their clubs? The guy has changed the BLUEbirds shirts to RED, changed their badge, and now sacked the best manager they've had... probably ever.

Rumour has it last season he actually asked Malky why David Marshall had failed to score... Marshall is a goalkeeper.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Malky McKay relieved of his duties by a foreign owner whos football kmowledge you could write on the back of a stamp. Who allows these idiots to buy their clubs? The guy has changed the BLUEbirds shirts to RED, changed their badge, and now sacked the best manager they've had... probably ever.

Rumour has it last season he actually asked Malky why David Marshall had failed to score... Marshall is a goalkeeper.

One of your Clubs legends Derek Duggan wrote a book, it had a chapter called what Chairmen know about Football it was a blank empty page.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
One of your Clubs legends Derek Duggan wrote a book, it had a chapter called what Chairmen know about Football it was a blank empty page.

Ahh 'The Doug', I cant imagine how much he would be worth in todays market, speed to frighten defenders, shooting to frighten goalkeepers and a face to frighten the kids in the crowd.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Vincent Tan is an idiot. I had a feeling Malkey new it was coming. It would have been funny had he told the players to put on the blue jerseys in that last game. Vincent would have had a heart attack.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Thrilling opening game this morning. 3 goals in like 5 minutes.

So far the opening half of the next games are a bit slow.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Sunderland in the final seconds of the game tie it up!!! Look at Vincent Tan's face... hahahahahahaha.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Vincent Tan booed his team off at the final whistle, the guys a joke....

Absolutely. I hope those players form some sort of protest and put on their blue jerseys, at least during pregame warmups. Just to make a point.

Latest posts