EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
technically ICT amalgamated from two former highland league teams, inverness caledonian & inverness thistle, ther was a big hoohaa at the time about this as they were both kinds big rivals for this level of football

I remember that it was a bitter pill for some especially Thistle who quite rightly saw it as a takeover. I used to watch Thistle on the odd occasion back in the day.

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O.K...again at the office until 1 pm and just to kill some time me and my colleagues doing a very traditional thing for this day and part of the country - having some "Berliner" together and wishing everybody good luck for 2014.
We had this before here in one of the other threads - people from Berlin dont call it Berliner, but we do :p
Its kind of a doughnut filled with marmalade and if you do have bad luck you get one with mustard, disgusting :eek:
But you dont know until you have tried it. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

that is evil, yet fun, sort of like russian roulette, but with cake instead of guns

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaah, thank you ! :tup: Teams with interesting names in there, hard for me to even spell it out correctly ! ;)
Clachnacuddin is a tough one :D
I only know Fort William because I've been there but I assume the other ones are small towns or villages ?

oh if you support hamburg, please give back rafa van der vaart, we miss that loveable dutch son of a *****, the one player in the past couple of years who kissed the badge and meant it:(

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can remember watching some videos ages ago of Aberdeen under alex ferguson
i was only 6/7 when fergie left to go to manure, i'm glad in a way as Aberdeen were definately punching above their weight back then, so i've never had the same expectations as some of the older fans. i am old enough to at least remember us being able to challenge for the league title and cup competitions, as i stated on a previous post it is now 18 years since we last won a senior domestic trophy. fingers crossed that this season will be the one, we're in the semi's of the league cup just now and are favourites to win it as celtic have already been knocked out, but knowing aberdeen we'll no doubt F*** it up

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
i was only 6/7 when fergie left to go to manure, i'm glad in a way as Aberdeen were definately punching above their weight back then, so i've never had the same expectations as some of the older fans. i am old enough to at least remember us being able to challenge for the league title and cup competitions, as i stated on a previous post it is now 18 years since we last won a senior domestic trophy. fingers crossed that this season will be the one, we're in the semi's of the league cup just now and are favourites to win it as celtic have already been knocked out, but knowing aberdeen we'll no doubt F*** it up

He was a talented coach with a good bunch of players the mix was right at Aberdeen, St Mirren were so stupid in giving him the sack ooops! Aberdeen used to beat the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich..............i cant see that happening again.

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Football Manager, i'm better than Fergie on that got 3 CLF wins. :eek::roflmao:

so you've never seen Aberdeen doing better i'm guessing and i love a bit of FM14

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so you've never seen Aberdeen doing better i'm guessing and i love a bit of FM14

my first memory of aberdeen after getting interested in football when i was a kid, was us beating celtic in the 1990 scottish cup final on penalties, big Brian Irvine scored the winner and was therefore my hero until he retired. i was at hampden in 1995 when we beat Dundee in the coca-cola cup final, it was my 16th birthday and the last time we won anything

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
well our economy is really still tied into the UK economy. but there has been a lot said from the doom and gloom merchants about how scotlands economy wouldn't survive if we got independence. but i don't really want to get into this kind of thing cos a) i don't know enough about it, b) i hate politics with a passion.

with the oil industry in Aberdeen, then the local economy is always what they class as booming, house prices here are crazy, and i think we're in the top 5 most expensive cities in the UK to live

the best thing about living here is going for a drive for maybe 30-40 minutes and your out in the country right in the heart of whisky country, ye can't beat it
Thats interesting, didnt remember that the Scottish Oil industry is based in Aberdeen, what I still remember is that its quite a nice city because of all the granite buildings. :)
Btw - house prices in Hamburg are crazy as well, thats why I'm living a short drive outside of Hamburg.
Whisky country sounds good, have you already visited some distilleries, any recommendations for Whiskies I should
try ? ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I was lucky this time, mine had just marmelade in it PackerFan71. :tup:
And caramel and cream sounds tasty, why dont we have them here ? :(

They are really nice but deadly you would be too fat if you had too many. ill post a pic of them when i can. ;)

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
01 Jan 12:45Swansea
v
Man City
01 Jan 15:00Arsenal
v
Cardiff City
01 Jan 15:00Crystal Palace
v
Norwich
01 Jan 15:00Fulham
v
West Ham
01 Jan 15:00Liverpool
v
Hull City
01 Jan 15:00Southampton
v
Chelsea
01 Jan 15:00Stoke City
v
Everton
01 Jan 15:00Sunderland
v
Aston Villa
01 Jan 15:00West Brom
v
Newcastle
01 Jan 17:30Man Utd
v
Tottenham

Format isn't the greatest, but here's New Years Days games.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Another 04:45 wake up time for Bundesbiers on New Years Day. :sleep::eek:

Fulham and West Ham battling in the bottom 3.

Getting close at the top. No team can afford to falter much.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
First - Happy New Year Everyone ! / Frohes Neues Jahr :tup:

Looking forward to another football afternoon on my sofa.
They will air three games on German TV:
Swansea - City, Arsenal - Cardiff and ManU-Spurs.
Instead Arsenal I would prefer to watch Chelsea at Southampton or Fulham against West Ham but it seems
the air Arsenal every time no matter who they play:rolleyes:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
First - Happy New Year Everyone ! / Frohes Neues Jahr :tup:

Looking forward to another football afternoon on my sofa.
They will air three games on German TV:
Swansea - City, Arsenal - Cardiff and ManU-Spurs.
Instead Arsenal I would prefer to watch Chelsea at Southampton or Fulham against West Ham but it seems
the air Arsenal every time no matter who they play:rolleyes:

Indeed a good 2014 to all! :)
If it wears Red they the TV company shows the game as the main feature. Manure, Scouse, **** anything else is almost beneath them......:rolleyes::tdown:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts