EPL and British Football

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao: at everyone who's predicting CL spot for Liverpool!

They finished 8 points behind a CL spot last season and had a mediocre transfer window. Milner and Benteke are average at their best. 6th if lucky, 5th if extremely lucky and lower if they play like normal.

Winner: Chelsea
CL spots: Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City
EL: Liverpool, Spurs
FA: City
Villa, Wartford, Sunderland

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's 7:30 in the morning and I'm getting ready to watch the opening game of the Premiere League. You guys have really broadened my football education.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watched two matches this AM. Man U was unimpressive in their debut. Schweini looked old and slow. The Everton game was exciting. Everton spent the whole first half knocking off a lot of rust. They looked bad. In the second half they really came to life, though. I understand they are trying to get Shaqiri on loan. They could really use him.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched two matches this AM. Man U was unimpressive in their debut. Schweini looked old and slow. The Everton game was exciting. Everton spent the whole first half knocking off a lot of rust. They looked bad. In the second half they really came to life, though. I understand they are trying to get Shaqiri on loan. They could really use him.
Schweini is old and slow, thats why Pep and Bayern let him go. ;)
Good game between Chelsea and Swansea so far. Swansea really plays a very atractive style of football. And Chelsea has so many outstanding football players....fun to watch ! :tup:

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
Swansea impressed me alot, Monetero caused Ivanovic all sorts of problems, good player.

Everything else pretty much went to plan, didnt see the Watford draw at Everton coming though. Nobody seems to know anything about Watford, completely new backroom staff and players, strange setup.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Swansea impressed me alot, Monetero caused Ivanovic all sorts of problems, good player.

Everything else pretty much went to plan, didnt see the Watford draw at Everton coming though. Nobody seems to know anything about Watford, completely new backroom staff and players, strange setup.

Should make for an exciting season.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
With Courtois being sent off, I'm sure a certain Fantasy Football manager was none too pleased. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
NBC just outbid the Fox/ESPN/Univision conglomerate for the U.S. EPL rights until 2022. It is reported that Fox group put in a gigantic bid, but NBC put in a second bid and beat out Fox. I'll be interested to see how much they paid for those rights. If Fox was planning on adding the EPL to their Soccer 2Go channel they are in trouble. I'm kind of glad, though, that NBC won it. NBC just simply broadcasts like other normal daily sports broadcasting in the U.S. Whereas Fox, tries to get extra subscriptions and money out of the viewer in order to use their channels. NBC, at this time, is more for the commoner, while Fox wants to drain the wallet of the common man.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Re: EPL FF
It appears an inspired choice of the team captain can well compensate for a bum goalkeeper. :D

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
... while Fox wants to drain the wallet of the common man.

Fox = News Corp = Rupert Murdoch = Donald Trump = Republican Party = Nixon, Reagan, Dubya...

so I guess this is to say... if it's only your wallet being drained...

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@scotscheese
Just read in our newspaper that 65 Aberdeen fans made the longest away trip in club history ! Cool. :tup:
And the result was good too, there is still a very good chance that the Dons are going to make it to the next round.
If Hamburg ever will be back in Europe there is one away game on my list I would definitely like to see and go - Dnjpr Dnjpropetrowsk ! :D
hey Nessie

yeah it was a good result for the first leg in Almaty, shame we only drew at todders though, so now we're out of europe til next season again. we've had some tough ties in our last two euro campaigns now, and have come through them with our heads held high, and some good results when most thought we would get knocked out. from what i hear kairat's players didn't endear themselves to the aberdeen fans with their diving and time-wasting at Pittodrie, and it helped them in the end as the game had no flow to it. hopefully next year we'll be in champs league qualifiers and get the chance to be knocked out of more than one euro competition in the same season, a bit like Celtic.

on another note, Kairat Almaty took more fans over here from Khazakshtan than Kilmarnock took up to us in our league match this weekend

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey Nessie

yeah it was a good result for the first leg in Almaty, shame we only drew at todders though, so now we're out of europe til next season again. we've had some tough ties in our last two euro campaigns now, and have come through them with our heads held high, and some good results when most thought we would get knocked out. from what i hear kairat's players didn't endear themselves to the aberdeen fans with their diving and time-wasting at Pittodrie, and it helped them in the end as the game had no flow to it. hopefully next year we'll be in champs league qualifiers and get the chance to be knocked out of more than one euro competition in the same season, a bit like Celtic.

on another note, Kairat Almaty took more fans over here from Khazakshtan than Kilmarnock took up to us in our league match this weekend
I was disappointed when I checked the final results and noticed that Aberdeen did not make it to the next round. :(
Hopefully better luck next season.:tup: How many fans did Kilmarnock bring to Aberdeen ? :cautious: I assume the dont have a large fanbase like Dons, Celtic, Rangers or Hearts have ? Hoffenheim usually brings around 500 fans with them when in Hamburg for a game. Thats embarrassing, a shame for a Bundesliga team.
Btw - still unhappy with the situation that I'm not going to see any game on my Scotland trip. We'll be in Glasgow on Sept. 20th and I found out that there are a few tickets left for Hearts against Dons. I'm afraid I cant talk my wife into going there for the game. :mad:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Promising news. 4.2 million U.S. viewers tuned in for opening day of the EPL. That is a 25% increase over last year. World football is gaining momentum in the U.S.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
what you been drinking man?? no way Tottenham will get above man utd and liverpool

German bier. Pure gold brother.

Maybe Totty doesn't finish above Man U, but I think with Harry Kane, they will finish above Liverpoop. Had to take a gamble with one of my guesses.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So far I'm not real impressed with Lukaku. He's supposed to be good, but he doesn't seem to put forth a lot of energy on the pitch. I'm accustomed to the guys up front at Bayern moving around and finding open space. Lukaku, just kind of strolls to a spot and waits for the ball to come to him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So far I'm not real impressed with Lukaku. He's supposed to be good, but he doesn't seem to put forth a lot of energy on the pitch. I'm accustomed to the guys up front at Bayern moving around and finding open space. Lukaku, just kind of strolls to a spot and waits for the ball to come to him.

And immediately after I wrote that, Lukaku scored. :roflmao: Edit; turns out I was looking at Kone and not Lukaku. I've still got a steep learning curve with these EPL guys.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Do EPL matches usually have so much simulation or is this match just an exception? Good grief, guys are falling on the turf and thrashing about like they've been gut shot at the OK corral and fell on a hill of fire ants. No wonder the women's leagues make fun of the men. Arjen Robben needs to go back to the EPL for a refresher course in how to be dramatic after the fall!

Members online

Latest posts