EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Wow.....68 m Euros for Raheem Stirling.........Raheem Stirling! :eek:
Thats crazy :rolleyes:
Yep and to turn down a contract from his club of £100k pw as a *21 year old. Willian at Chelsea is as good as him.

*Edit, 20 years old even better or worse.......

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep and to turn down a contract from his club of £100k pw as a *21 year old. Willian at Chelsea is as good as him.

*Edit, 20 years old even better or worse.......
Again, thats nothing but crazy, I read he will be Englands most expensive player ever if he signs with City.
The EPL obviously has too much money to spend, the system is beginning to overheat.....

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Again, thats nothing but crazy, I read he will be Englands most expensive player ever if he signs with City.
The EPL obviously has too much money to spend, the system is beginning to overheat.....
Sheer greed he got what he wanted a £150k pw wage, madness for a kid player who has won nothing.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Sheer greed he got what he wanted a £150k pw wage, madness for a kid player who has won nothing.

I share your sentiments. He'll probably end up being a pain in the ******** like Tevez, even without Balotelli's knack for zany comedy.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I share your sentiments. He'll probably end up being a pain in the ******** like Tevez, even without Balotelli's knack for zany comedy.
Btw not having a go at Citeh either Sandolf, just the player good luck to a degree. :)

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Btw not having a go at Citeh either Sandolf, just the player good luck to a degree. :)

Cheers PF71. I don't know if I am just in a weird mood, but there are days where I'd like us to be a small club again. Watching the NYC version this weekend just seemed strange. The Abu Dhabi Group did what they said they were going to do. Careful what you wish for... I guess.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Cheers PF71. I don't know if I am just in a weird mood, but there are days where I'd like us to be a small club again. Watching the NYC version this weekend just seemed strange. The Abu Dhabi Group did what they said they were going to do. Careful what you wish for... I guess.
I know what you mean, when Abramovich took over CFC there was this huge expectation of European dominance it did not happen like that, but when it did it was unexpected (better in a way) Now there is a not frugal, but a more realistic cutting of cloth accordingly attitude. I'm happier with that.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Owners consider their teams as business or hobby first and as a sports team second. Glazers and Fenway can be considered exceptions. Victory at all costs, kinda dilutes the whole point of being a winner in many fans eyes.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well Aberdeen have progressed against the odds against a team who had been unbeaten in 12 home matches against some top opposition, we managed a 3-0 away result then drew 2-2 at home to set up a tie against FC Kairat Almaty, former Aberdeen player, and an old friend of mine Stuart Duff used to play for them a couple of years ago, and it looks like it could be an interesting tie

BTW in europa league qualifying

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Heh heh heh heh...Two years ago Everton aquired John Stones for 3 million. Now Man U and Chelsea are flashing big money around and Everton says they won't take less than 30 Million for him. Shrewd, very shrewd. Now if only Bayern would swing in and scoop him up for the 30 mill.....:whistling:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
@scotscheese
Just read in our newspaper that 65 Aberdeen fans made the longest away trip in club history ! Cool. :tup:
And the result was good too, there is still a very good chance that the Dons are going to make it to the next round.
If Hamburg ever will be back in Europe there is one away game on my list I would definitely like to see and go - Dnjpr Dnjpropetrowsk ! :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
@scotscheese
Just read in our newspaper that 65 Aberdeen fans made the longest away trip in club history ! Cool. :tup:
And the result was good too, there is still a very good chance that the Dons are going to make it to the next round.
If Hamburg ever will be back in Europe there is one away game on my list I would definitely like to see and go - Dnjpr Dnjpropetrowsk ! :D

You have to be able to pronounce the name before you can attend. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts