EPL and British Football

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
''Taggart'' although i think the Glasgow accent might be a bit tough for Nessie.....''Rebus'' and ''*******'' were also exellent. Weird its blanked the name of a tv show. :rolleyes::D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

''Taggart'' although i think the Glasgow accent might be a bit tough for Nessie.....''Rebus'' and ''*******'' were also exellent. Weird its blanked the name of a tv show. :rolleyes::D

I forgot about those. They were excellent.

I

Can you spell it out ? Full stops between the letters ? just an idea.

I

Comedies; Are you being served? and Allo Allo!

I thought they were a bit politically incorrect if I`m honest, but they were funny. I`m genuinely surprised when I`ve spoken to American friends at some of the choices they make of British comedies. Somebody loved Monty Pythons Flying Circus, and loved it when I put them onto the series "Bottom". Both very slapstick.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I thought they were a bit politically incorrect if I`m honest, but they were funny. I`m genuinely surprised when I`ve spoken to American friends at some of the choices they make of British comedies. Somebody loved Monty Pythons Flying Circus, and loved it when I put them onto the series "Bottom". Both very slapstick.
I think the U.S. is about 5 to 10 years behind Europe in what is considered politically incorrect, and many Americans chafe against political correctness. It's that very strong sense of individualism and independence. I noticed German churches addressing such issues long before the U.S.

I

I think the U.S. is about 5 to 10 years behind Europe in what is considered politically incorrect, and many Americans chafe against political correctness. It's that very strong sense of individualism and independence. I noticed German churches addressing such issues long before the U.S.

Oh I take your point completely Croak, I think what concerned me a little is things like Herr Flick of the Gestapo and the Germans being portrayed as idiots etc. I`d hate to offend a German with that if you understand ? Nessie will say himself that his English while we think is excellent isn`t his native language. I made a joke earlier in another thread and I don't think he quite got it at first. I`d be horrified if that show offended him. Maybe I`m being too worried ?? I don`t know

I

If you want another comedy on T.V., watch the Cup Final yesterday. Some people here in Birmingham are still laughing about it now.
(Cleverly back on track there ;))

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I take your point completely Croak, I think what concerned me a little is things like Herr Flick of the Gestapo and the Germans being portrayed as idiots etc. I`d hate to offend a German with that if you understand ? Nessie will say himself that his English while we think is excellent isn`t his native language. I made a joke earlier in another thread and I don't think he quite got it at first. I`d be horrified if that show offended him. Maybe I`m being too worried ?? I don`t know
We are not without any humour Bill and personally I'm able to laugh about myself. ;) And so do many Germans nowadays and as we know it's a Sitcom I would not expect to be portrayed politically correct. If it would be a documentary I'd expect something different but we are talking about a comedy show. IMHO no need to worry Bill.
Regarding the joke you made - as a non-native speaker it's sometimes difficult to read between the lines. Especially if it's only written and not a personal conversation where you look into somebody's face and see how he reacts.
So indeed I did not catch the joke first, shame on me :oops::D

I

Croak, could you P.M. when you see this please if you could ? Serious issue. Thanks ;)

Members online

Latest posts