EPL and British Football

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just watched the "Life on Mars " episode where a Man U fan killed another and tried to make it look like Man City. Good episode. Now, even though I like Bayern, I hope none of you blokes take key to the back of my head. :eek: Bayern won't always be the best team in the world. Once in a while, they will lose. :D

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Just watched the "Life on Mars " episode where a Man U fan killed another and tried to make it look like Man City. Good episode. Now, even though I like Bayern, I hope none of you blokes take key to the back of my head. :eek: Bayern won't always be the best team in the world. Once in a while, they will lose. :D

Baseball bat yes, key no. :) Swinging to the rhythm of that flaming song !! :D

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I made my own hot sauce a few years ago from a really simple recipe after going to Nandos. It nearly took my bloody head off. I learned the hard way to wear rubber gloves in the preparation. My hand throbbed for 24hrs :roflmao:. In desperation I found online a possible way to kill the pain which involved soaking my hand in alcohol. A full bottle of whisky later, (all I had in at the time) the pain subsided, but I was VERY wary going to the toilet :laugh:

I've made the mistake of cutting habanero's without wearing gloves and then rubbing an eye. Thought I was going to die.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Managed to spend some more time in Chester on our way back to the airport. Surprised to see a LFC store here. Is this Liverpool country here despite of the fact thats its only 1/2 hr away from Manchester? :cautious:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I

Managed to spend some more time in Chester on our way back to the airport. Surprised to see a LFC store here. Is this Liverpool country here despite of the fact thats its only 1/2 hr away from Manchester? :cautious:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Of course it is :p

I

Even JD Sports didnt have any ManU or City gear in store, only Liverpool :eek::D
However, loved Chester, nice little town :tup:

Apparently it is STILL legal to kill a Welshman, if seen in the company of an Englishwoman, from the walls of the city with a bow and arrow. The law was never repealed :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah Chelsea have got to do this to increase their income, 60,000 is the standard had a look at the plans looks huge. :eek:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK guys. Help me find a team to follow in the EPL. I like teams with a rich history (like the Green Bay Packers); teams that are fan oriented (like the Green Bay Packers) ; teams that are not single ownership (like...GBP). I like teams that represent the common man from small towns. Is there such a team in the EPL? I don't care if they are winners or losers. It's the things listed above that get me.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
OK guys. Help me find a team to follow in the EPL. I like teams with a rich history (like the Green Bay Packers); teams that are fan oriented (like the Green Bay Packers) ; teams that are not single ownership (like...GBP). I like teams that represent the common man from small towns. Is there such a team in the EPL? I don't care if they are winners or losers. It's the things listed above that get me.
I would say Norwich City fit the bill quite well in terms of colours and fan ownership. They are a small regional team, although they haven't won anything huge like a EPL they have a good cup history. This will probly rule them out though Croakie, one of their best results was beating FCB in Munich in a euro cup years ago, a huge result for such a small team. ;)

Last edited:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Sounds like you would make a good Canary or Baggie fan.

I

West Bromwich Albion.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
So who will break the tie?? The only teams I ever hear about are Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. I'd like to follow a team that is not as popular.
In all fairness Everton FC would also be a good one, a northern working mans football club with a good history. A bit like the Pack before Holmgren/Favre revival. Newcastle United would be an option aswell, but don't go there terrible owner. Tottenham Hotspur too if your after a bit of long faded glamour. Read up about them all Croak and make your choice. :)

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
In all fairness Everton FC would also be a good one, a northern working mans football club with a good history. A bit like the Pack before Holmgren/Favre revival. Newcastle United would be an option aswell, but don't go there terrible owner. Tottenham Hotspur too if your after a bit of long faded glamour. Read up about them all Croak and make your choice. :)

I took your advice and decided I'll follow Everton. I like their "We Are Chosen" motto. It goes with my theology. ;) I also like their history and easily recognizable shield. It is easier to learn more about a league and to take interest in it if one picks a particular club to follow. So I"ll see if I can't learn something about the EPL this season.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I took your advice and decided I'll follow Everton. I like their "We Are Chosen" motto. It goes with my theology. ;) I also like their history and easily recognizable shield. It is easier to learn more about a league and to take interest in it if one picks a particular club to follow. So I"ll see if I can't learn something about the EPL this season.

Ok, You're a Toffee. Your rival is Liverpool.

Everton have a great Goalkeeper Croak. Best in the League!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thank f**k you didn't choose West Brom.

Everton are a decent choice, wont win any EPL Titles in a while, but they tend to have decent cup runs. Probably made the FA Cup semis 3 times in past 10yrs, 1 of which they lost to Chelsea in the final.

Doesn't everybody lose to Chelsea these days? Heck. I was a Packers fan in the 70's and 80's. I think I can handle it. It gives me a chance to brush up on some old "earthier" vocabulary.

Members online

Latest posts