EPL and British Football

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
This made me so laugh. A London sounding Liverpool fan crying his head off, saying Chelsea bought success Liverpool used to be buying that for years. :eek::roflmao:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

haha... that's funny, and rather embarrassing if you ask me.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This made me so laugh. A London sounding Liverpool fan crying his head off, saying Chelsea bought success Liverpool used to be buying that for years. :eek::roflmao:

Man U spent a ton of money. Where did it get them??

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I mentioned it somewhere in one of the other threads, there is a very interesting article about Liverpool and both teams of the city in our latest 11 Freunde football magazine.
I love the pictures that catch the atmosphere perfectly. Yes, there is a reason why British football is still something special for many German football fans, especially for myself. :tup:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think I mentioned it somewhere in one of the other threads, there is a very interesting article about Liverpool and both teams of the city in our latest 11 Freunde football magazine.
I love the pictures that catch the atmosphere perfectly. Yes, there is a reason why British football is still something special for many German football fans, especially for myself. :tup:

My closest cousin and his Dad were AVID Everton supporters, while my side of the family were Red supporters. The strangest thing was there was never SERIOUS hatred between the two teams, the fans even travelled together for the F.A. cup final.
When I moved to Birmingham the rivalry between Villa and Birmingham can get seriously nasty at times.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My closest cousin and his Dad were AVID Everton supporters, while my side of the family were Red supporters. The strangest thing was there was never SERIOUS hatred between the two teams, the fans even travelled together for the F.A. cup final.
When I moved to Birmingham the rivalry between Villa and Birmingham can get seriously nasty at times.
Interesting that you are mentioning that, Bill. Thats exactly what is written in this story. I found that surprising but good to hear that this is possible. :tup:

I

Interesting that you are mentioning that, Bill. Thats exactly what is written in this story. I found that surprising but good to hear that this is possible. :tup:

The day of that Cup final, I actually travelled on one of those trains to visit a relative in Kent. It was a truly amazing trip. The atmosphere on the train was one big party with Everton and Liverpool fans sitting together happily. No animosity whatsoever. Truly memorable.

Wolf Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Southbank, Molineux, Wolverhampton, England
So, ****'s left Sunderland. Best thing for them to do now is to allow **** to help them make a decision on his successor, possibly stick with the Dutch theme. Obvious names like Alladyce could do a good job there, but i think its time for short AND long term thinking from Sunderland now. There's no reason why they can't be a top 10 club, replacing the likes of Stoke/Swansea. Get this managerial decision right and the red and white half of the north east would be bouncing.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, ****'s left Sunderland. Best thing for them to do now is to allow **** to help them make a decision on his successor, possibly stick with the Dutch theme. Obvious names like Alladyce could do a good job there, but i think its time for short AND long term thinking from Sunderland now. There's no reason why they can't be a top 10 club, replacing the likes of Stoke/Swansea. Get this managerial decision right and the red and white half of the north east would be bouncing.
i would just like for once not to be involved in a relegation battle. we've got some good players, and some have been there for a while now, but they just have not done it for the club, i don't blame the strikers too much as they can only score if the chances are created for them. we shall just have to wait and see who Ellis trusts with his money

I

Jeez, that Cup final was embarrassing ! Most of my workmates are going to be gutted ! :oops:

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
Looks like the Cup final in Germany isnt any better, 3-1 Volkswagen at halftime.

It's not being shown on tv here. GOLTV has thrown in the towel. Good riddance to you GOLTV. Hope Fox Soccer will do much better for Bundesliga coverage next season... not that I'll be here to know for sure. :D

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not being shown on tv here. GOLTV has thrown in the towel. Good riddance to you GOLTV. Hope Fox Soccer will do much better for Bundesliga coverage next season... not that I'll be here to know for sure. :D
You wont watch anything, not even free-tv if you dont pay your fees. I warned you, this is Germany. The kingdom of bureaucracy...:p

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please allow me an Off-Topic Question to our British friends that are around here.
I just finished watching the BBC Series "Life on Mars" and really loved it. Interesting, unusual story and imho good actors and even good 70's music.
Do you have any recommendations for a series that takes place in UK ? I'm a little tired of all the US series to be honest....

Last edited:
I

Please allow me an Off-Topic Question to our British friends that are around here.
I just finished watching the BBC Series "Life on Mars" and really loved it. Interesting, unusual story and imho good actors and even good 70's music.
Do you have any recommendations for a series that takes place in UK ? I'm a little tired of all the US series to be honest....

Does it have to be the same format ?? (Including classic 60`s/70`s music) ?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it have to be the same format ?? (Including classic 60`s/70`s music) ?
No Bill, it does not have to be the same format. It only should take place in UK and be a UK production.
German TV usually shows all the US series and, because its very popular at the moment, many Scandinavian series and movies. But British productions seem to be rare. Thanks to my former English teacher from Manchester that I heard about Life on Mars.
Another series that just missed to watch on German TV was Broadchurch, only heard good about this.
To make it short - it does not have to be a certain format, I'm interested in any good series that you can recommend. :)

I

No Bill, it does not have to be the same format. It only should take place in UK and be a UK production.
German TV usually shows all the US series and, because its very popular at the moment, many Scandinavian series and movies. But British productions seem to be rare. Thanks to my former English teacher from Manchester that I heard about Life on Mars.
Another series that just missed to watch on German TV was Broadchurch, only heard good about this.
To make it short - it does not have to be a certain format, I'm interested in any good series that you can recommend. :)

I`ll speak to the wife. She`s the T.V. expert. Leave it with me ;).

I

I`ll speak to the wife. She`s the T.V. expert. Leave it with me ;).

One series that comes to mind off the top of my head was a three series show called "The Vice" about officers of the British Police Vice Squad. That may be a bit dated, but quite gritty drama.

I

Inspector Morse and A touch of Frost were two classics as well. Doc Martin is another great show. Set in Cornwall. The scenery down there is superb too.