1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Eagles @ Packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Nov 6, 2013.

1. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Thanks for the post EaglesGuy. I used to live north of Trenton NJ back when Randall Cunningham was da man!

I think the Eagles' game plan is clear, key on Lacy and the running game and force Wallace to beat them through the air. It's the Eagles' offense vs. the Packer defense that will be the most intriguing matchup. Packers' run D has been very good this year. Can they contain LeSean McCoy? How much impact will a club-handed Clay Matthews bring to the Packers' D? Will TJ Lang play at RG? If so, that will help the Packers a lot since Don Barclay can return to RT and they won't have to rely on Marshall "Turnstyle" Newhouse.

It's reasonable to assume that Wallace will play better this week. If he doesn't then the rest won't matter. Assuming he does, this game to me is 50/50.

How the D will respond to the hurry-up offense of the Eagles is also pretty much an I-don't-know.

2. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Who lives up there, what is the weather gonna be like for the game tomorrow?

We've made Josh McClown look good. We made Colin Kapernick look like 1984 Dan Marino with his arm.
    We've even made Ponder look good at times.

I don't know what we're going to make Foles look like. I think most of it depends on the pass rush. If that's getting after him, he could make a lot of mistakes.... but our DBs have only had TWO interceptions all year I believe. That's atrociously atrocious.

LeSean McCoy is great..... what Forte did to us, he's capable of more if we focus too much on the passing game. He's a great receiver outta the backfield too.

And some of you know of my man-crush on Jerry Hughes (who has looked good in Buffalo this year).
    I had one on Shea McClellin coming out of Boise last draft, and thought like many did, that we'd be drafting him. Look what havoc that *#*@# has caused us now.
    I also have had a man-crush on Brandon Graham of the Eagles. I haven't watched closely this year to see how he's done, but I know McClellin had been silent, Bear fans were ripping him. PRIOR to what he did last week versus us.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    The last time the Packers faced the Eagles it was a do-or-die situation. Playoffs.
    Packers won and moved on to win SB Roman Numerals I can't read.
    This isn't quite the same but I feel like I'm anticipating it almost at the level of a playoff.

4. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I have low expectations but high hopes. Does that even make any sense? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I don't think we'll see an eagles defender more than 15 yards off the line the entire game, unless they face 4th and 26 or prevent defense in a blowout.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,189
    "Good" news: Caesars-Hilton and MGM-Mirage now have the Eagles as 1 point favorites. If they weren't before, now the Packers are officially underdogs.

7. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,182
    Perfectly

• Like Like x 1
  8. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    My solution to todays game. Drink early and often! Cyanide is my backup. :eek:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
  10. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +626
    I know this will be unpopular, but might be time to shut it down. Shut down Rodgers, Cobb and Matthews and get em next year. The Scott Tolzien era doesn't instill confidence in this Packer fan. Sorry.

11. Defense92

Defense92 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +74
    Uggh! I agree on the first part. As far as the second part, it can't be THAT bad!

12. Defense92

Defense92 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +74
    They had it originally on the lineup for our area and last night replaced the Packers' game with the St. Louis v. Indy game. Does anyone have a link for a live feed? Right now I am watching RedZone to catch glimpses of the game. So far, from what I see, we need to do more quick slants and outs, not only for confidence, but quick outs to Jorday with blockers out front could result in some big gains. They should have done this around mid field when Wallace left the pocket. We might have gotten at least a short gain to be in better field goal range, rather than the 53 yarder.

At least we are still in this one so far.

13. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    Tell me again about how good Mason is.

14. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    When it falls apart, it ALL falls apart. Red zone interception by the practice squad QB and two missed field goals. Now I know how Cleveland fans feel.

15. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Hey you guys join us in the chat room.

16. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Sorry performance all around. No qb, Crosby is back to missing fgs, long touchdowns given up by our secondary? passing the ball on 3rd and 1? Pitiful. No takeaways? HOW DO YOU GUYS EXPECT TO WIN? It is what it is..better pray we get a wild card.

17. yooperdiehard

yooperdiehard Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    When is this defense going to pull together? Our D backs are weaker each week.

18. NelsonsLongCatch

Ratings:
    +626
    That's a pipe dream right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149
    MISSING: Defensive Pass rush, if found contact Green Bay Packers, Inc, 1265 Lombardi Avenue Green Bay, Wisconsin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +815
    Yeah we did have a takeaway. And by screwing up the call they took away a touchdown from us to not to mentioned the three blatant PI that weren't called against the Eagles in the second half. And that's not to mention two or three times where their OL actually either grabbed handfuls of jersey or tackled our DL. I expected better from Mike Carey's crew. Looked like the Tripplett boys out there.

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    You forgot the 2 non facemask penalties our def had on their rb

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +815
    I thought you and I were incommunicado?

23. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    These are excuses and I hope they aren't buying them. The officiating was horrible both ways.

They kicked our butts, period. We knew they were going to run the ball on the last drive and dared us to stop them and they simply won. We could not go toe to toe with them. We were not physical, and we did not take advantage of the opportunities that we had. Mason blew some big chances to keep us in it.

The bottom line is that everyone knew the challenge ahead without Rodgers and Tolzien played as well as Wallace could have hoped to. It was the responsibility of the defense to raise their game up to a higher level to give the team a chance to win. They simply failed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +815
    No, they are facts. There were two long passes where the defender didn't even look for the ball and contact was all over the place and a third one where Boykin's jersey was clearly grabbed after he beat his man. Those plays all would have resulted in first downs. They were game changers. When the other team is simply allowed to mug your receivers with impunity, it's not an "excuse." It's a shame (or sham if you prefer), and Mike Carey's crew can no longer be considered the best.

25. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    It's a distraction from the fact that we simply got piss pounded on our field today. We also got away with face masks and Boykin's catch should not have counted.

I hate the way PI is called in the NFL but it is a judgment call and if you were posting this anywhere but here it would simply sound like sour grapes.

We can "what if" calls from every game all season long, the bottom line today is that we were not as good of a team as the Eagles were and that's the issue that can control and need to fix. They have no control over Mike Carey's crew and should not concern themselves with anything other than how to put on a much better performance than they did today. Calls aside they still had a chance to do something about this adversity today and win and they did not.