Duds vs Jets

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know about you but they look rather lackluster to me. That speaks to leadership and desire. The last three games remind me of the second half of the 2015 season and the 2018 season. Did they look fired up today? Nope.
Leadership and desire doesn't = bad play

Thats execution and not as good as other team

May have to come to terms this team is just average

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I missed the first half and couple drives of 3rd Qtr.

As I’m reviewing these, It’s not 1 issue. The Packers D was tremendous that first half.
1. It seemed that the Packers OL was getting beat big time early and often. They couldn’t block consistently for the Run and couldn’t block consistently for the pass.

2. When Rodgers did have some protection? He seemed to have limited resources making plays, coupled with poor throws. It was a little of both.

3. The Blocked FG and blocked punt resulted in a very likely 10 points given up by Our ST. Take away both blocks and this was a more even game.

4. We kept stalling on Offense and it’s like The Jets smelled blood and just stacked the box. We have no legitimate deep threat WR and that takes away the dynamic Of our Offense. Opponents redirect D resources to the other (short pass+ rushing) areas, tending to clog it up.

Summary: Rodgers thumb affected this some, but it all starts upfront in the trenches. This current OL is not playing well and we need to address it yesterday. If not, #12 is about to go down permanently. He was abused some and this isn’t acceptable at any level. A bonafide RT would allow us to move Jenkins back inside and that eliminates our weakest link and masks a minor deficiency at Center.

I would not experiment with RT.
I’d go work a trade deal IF we can win at Washington and get back
To 4-3.
Spot on.

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I must have missed when he scored, oh he didn't? Then I must have missed him with a massive receiving game, wait he didn't have one of those either? Then I guess I must have missed all of those times when he got those first downs... Wait that didn't happen either? Then I guess you were wrong then. Stop acting up and accept this was just a really bad game.
Can we count fans as duds?

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree 10000 percent..

I'm going to get slack.. But when season is over the Jets and giants very well maybe a 12 win team. The offense needs to find out how to run the offense. They get their rhythm back, our Def gets more rest.

People want to dismiss the Def needs rest...but you run around for 5 mins..then rest for 5 and do again.

Then run around for 5 mins.. Rest for 15 and see the difference.

If people still say that doesn't matter, than I don't know what else to say

I don't think leadership is an issue or the heart.
It does matter, but not to the extent of getting whacked the entire second half of the last two contests

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: Rodgers playing hero ball when you only need ten yards (again), Dillon, Royce Newman, Walker, Stokes. LaFleur. This team looks cold on the sideline and it's fall. Rodgers is paid the big bucks to rally this team, and he mopes. Someone ANYONE on the sideline should be trying to fire these guys up.

Studs: Tonyan, Lazard, Gary.

I think this team needs some new offensive recruits via trade. If I'm Gutey, I'm calling Carolina tonight to see who they're willing to send out to us.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't watch the game today since it wasn't aired in my area. Sounds like more of the same though. Losing to both New York teams in consecutive weeks, ugh. The Vikings have a two game lead in the division. You have to wonder if we'll even make the playoffs this year.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the worst thoughts that is now a reality, is that this is most likely Rodger's last season.

Could be overreacting, but if they don't make a blockbuster move at the deadline or essentially guarantee to make a splash move in FA, why does Rodgers come back to this team?
Rodgers will play as long as they're willing to pay him obscene money. If he actually cared about winning as much as he wants people to think, he wouldn't have demanded team-crippling money.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had issues with accurate passing today even with time.. His ck downs were bad like it was few years ago

Maybe thumb is worse than led on
Well, the damn thing was swollen to the size of a zucchini, so yeah. He needs to sit for a week and get it back to 100%.

D

Deleted member 6794

The offensive line play was putrid. No excusing that. But, that being said, Rodgers still played a pretty lousy game all things considered. He had a few wow plays, but he also had several poor throws that killed drives.

Those were the two biggest contributing factors.

Rodgers deserves part of the blame but the running game not working, receivers not being able to get open etc. contributed to the loss as well.

What is the deal with the long leash for Newman?

Newman got benched late in the first half. Unfortunately Hanson was injured after only five snaps played and it was back to Newman in a heartbeat.

Haven't posted in a while, but man, this has to be the lamest the Packers have looked since the 4-6 point of the 2016 season.

It seems you forgot about the 2018 season.

I’m curious, all the people who said get rid of Rodgers, what would be the Packers record with Love @ QB today? I’m thinking the Packers would be a .500 or less because MLF and his staff would still be stuck with same problems as they are today

The Packers would be stuck with much more problems if Love was starting. While the might have won the Bears game as well I don't believe they would have beaten either the Bucs or the Patriots with him.

One of the worst thoughts that is now a reality, is that this is most likely Rodger's last season.

Could be overreacting, but if they don't make a blockbuster move at the deadline or essentially guarantee to make a splash move in FA, why does Rodgers come back to this team?

First of all I don't believe Rodgers wants to end his career with the Packers possibly missing the playoffs. In addition I'm quite sure that $58.3 million is pretty enticing.

I'm guessing 3-3 or 4-2.

It's extremely unrealistic to believe the Packers might have a better record with Love starting instead of Rodgers.

I said it in the game thread: I don’t think Rodgers is the problem but at the same time I don’t think we’d be much worse off with Love… and arguably better positioned for the future. Trade Rodgers, load up on picks and you have a year to see if Love is the future and if he’s not you’ve got the capital to go up and get one of the top QBs in the upcoming draft. Either way I don’t think we’re winning much of consequence this year, so may as well do what we can to get better positioned for the future. Obviously as I said that’s easier to say in hindsight, and generally I was very against the Love pick, but it’s looking more with each passing week like maybe it would’ve been better to rip off the bandage, so to speak.

In my opinion this offense would be in the running for worst in the league over the past few seasons if Love was starting. He wouldn't stand any chance of showing enough promise to be considered a starter moving forward considering the lack of talent on that side of the ball.

Once we fall behind our run-pass balance goes out the window, and it’s that run-pass balance that has played a big part in our offense’s success under MLF. We gotta find a way to start strong early and get that back.

The Packers not being able to run the ball successfully is a huge issue. Unfortunately the offensive line can't create any holes for the running backs to gain enough yards for it to make sense to stick with it either.

I'm calling it now: Rodgers is basically done. He isn't why we lost today, but he's no longer great enough to offset all the other mistakes and shortcomings of the team.

I'm convinced that no other quarterback in the league would be able to overcome the lack of talent on offense the Packers are currently having.

I’m curious myself. Seems like he’s never throwing to anyone who is open, which leads to the question are guys getting open.

It seems to me that the receivers hardly ever get open. It's true Rodgers hasn't been accurate enough to make it work anyway though.

Duds: Rodgers playing hero ball when you only need ten yards (again)

I don't like the deep shots either but the Packers currently have huge issues gaining 10 yards with any other play as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least after the Giants game I felt we did some pretty good things and just had a clean a few things up. They didn't do much right yesterday. I was happy for the punt block from the newly signed Linebacker, but then I think he was responsible for ours getting blocked as well so any bright spot I could find was quickly erased.

Studs, The usual. Gary, Alexander. I think Preston, Clark and Amos all had very solid games but without real standout plays to make a solid "stud" in this game. No studs on offense, maybe Tonyan? Had some catches, but nothing earth shattering on a day when the bar for offense was set very very low.

Duds, I don't think it has to go any further than the offensive line. Myers is either trying to do too much inside covering for ineptness next to him or he's part of the problem too, I can't decide. Newman needs a benching. It's cool Jenkins battled back so quickly, but he's struggling big time. It's hard to really slap a dud on anyone else when your foundation is so shaky. You can't see if it would work or not when it's blown up from the start. Can Runyan play LG? Get the left back to BakhT, Jenkins then Myers, Runyan? and whoever. I don't care. Then you have 1 spot to account for as a weakness. As it stands we're vulnerable every single play at center, RG and RT. I don't know the answer, I just know this one needs answers fast.

We do not have enough legitimate passing targets to run an offense when we can't run the ball effectively. There is zero threat of getting burned deep because we don't really have the resources and we can't protect long enough anyway. All we can do is get to the drop and throw to a spot and hope the receiver can run there and get it. There is no developing play. It's all trust, trust your guy is going to win and get a step and get there. When there is no threat of getting burned deep, they can play the run even stronger.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was happy for the punt block from the newly signed Linebacker, but then I think he was responsible for ours getting blocked as well so any bright spot I could find was quickly erased.

Eric Wilson blocked the punt. It was Dallin Leavitt being responsible for the one the Packers got blocked though.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Duds:
Offensive line play. They were on their heels all game and couldn't stop the penetration of the Jets defensive line. The Jets dline is a tough group and I was impressed. However, the oline has been a disappointment.
Rodgers just doesn't look good. Holding the ball on 3rd down and taking sacks drives me nuts. I get you don't want to turn the ball over, but a pick on 3rd down on their side of the field would be like a punt. Taking a sack pushes them out of FG range and loses the scoring opportunity. Also, taking a deep shot on 4th and 3 drives me nuts. All they need is three yards.
Players have to make plays, but I do think coaching has been a dud.
Studs:
Don't really have much to say. Defense played well in the first half. Gave the offense plenty of opportunities. Lack of scoring and sustained drives left them on the field too long.
I'll give Lazard a *** for a tough catch on the sidelines and a TD.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It seems you forgot about the 2018 season.
Depends on your perspective.

The offense is definitely worse right now. In 2018 the Packers were 14th in points per game and the lowest single game output was 17 points (in a game which Rodgers played the whole time)

Right now, the Packers are 24th in points per game with single game scoring outputs of 7, 14, and 10.

I do think the defense has been better than in 2018 though.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as I remember he actually did get burned by TE for 20+ yards that lead to a TD.
The only catch by any of their tight ends was a 16 yard pass to Conklin. Alexander was assigned to cover Garrett Wilson on that play. Campbell was playing the middle zone and should have been covering Conklin but he bit HARD "on" the play action and let Conklin run free. Not Alexander's fault by any stretch.

NOTE: The language filter... SMH. Can't believe I had to put "on" in quotes.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe that's the issue..but Runyan on the other side hasn't played well either..so maybe his struggles are just over compensating for those 2.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's really troubling in 3 losses..2 were against rookie head coaches..1 against a 2nd year coach. I think Jacksonville& Detroit have scored more points than The Packers!!
What's also troubling is seeing teams like the Giants with one freaking weapon..walking all over the defense..same with the jets..did their wrs have any catches?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's also troubling is seeing teams like the Giants with one freaking weapon..walking all over the defense..same with the jets..did their wrs have any catches?
I heard someone say recently that the teams that are winning this year are running teams with good defenses. Is the era of the pass happy NFL coming to an end? Pendulum starting to swing back the other way?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts