Duds vs Jets

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Secondary, Tonyan

Duds: O-line, Barry's run D, MLF NOT having to O run thru the RB's (again!!).

Butkus needs to go... Best 5 should've been on the field starting last week (left to right): Bakhtiari-Jenkins-Myers-Runyan-Nijman.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the deal with the long leash for Newman?
I looked on Friday. Royce Newman has played more snaps than any other player on the team. Doubs is tied with Lazard for most WR snaps and both are on the field more than Jones who is our best and most dangerous weapon. On defense, Savage and Walker have both played more snaps than Gary and Clark.
Our weakest starters/weapons on both sides of the ball are playing too many snaps. Some of this is due to injuries, much of it due to coaching. Losing Barnes and Watkins/Watson has hurt us more than many would have thought. Too many of our star players playing like average players. It all adds up to 3-3.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Butkus needs to go... Best 5 should've been on the field starting last week (left to right): Bakhtiari-Jenkins-Myers-Runyan-Nijman.
41 passes by Rodgers, 19 runs by Jones/Dillon. Bad mix again at about 69-31 rate.

Only thing I can think of is Nijman has problems adjusting to playing on the right side (all movements and placements are opposite from left side)?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds- Where do you start?
Team is floundering and hapless. No heart and no leadership. MLF has lost this team. They don't play hard. A few good performances but all in all just pathetic. Need to make changes on the o line e
Disagree 10000 percent..

I'm going to get slack.. But when season is over the Jets and giants very well maybe a 12 win team. The offense needs to find out how to run the offense. They get their rhythm back, our Def gets more rest.

People want to dismiss the Def needs rest...but you run around for 5 mins..then rest for 5 and do again.

Then run around for 5 mins.. Rest for 15 and see the difference.

If people still say that doesn't matter, than I don't know what else to say

I don't think leadership is an issue or the heart.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't even put Myers as a best five..he is terrible!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree 10000 percent..

I'm going to get slack.. But when season is over the Jets and giants very well maybe a 12 win team. The offense needs to find out how to run the offense. They get their rhythm back, our Def gets more rest.

People want to dismiss the Def needs rest...but you run around for 5 mins..then rest for 5 and do again.

Then run around for 5 mins.. Rest for 15 and see the difference.

If people still say that doesn't matter, than I don't know what else to say

I don't think leadership is an issue or the heart.
Coaching has been terrible..but they needed to add another veteran wr. Watkins has about 1 good game a season and gets hurt. They lost their top 2 wrs from last year and haven't replaced them with capable guys. Their oline is not good in the middle..even Runyan has looked terrible at times..if that is their best 5..it is going to be a long rest of the season!!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Coaching has been terrible..but they needed to add another veteran wr. Watkins has about 1 good game a season and gets hurt. They lost their top 2 wrs from last year and haven't replaced them with capable guys. Their oline is not good in the middle..even Runyan has looked terrible at times..if that is their best 5..it is going to be a long rest of the season!!
you spent 50 mill on rodgers and 27 on your left tackle...hard to find studs when ton of money is tied up

Can be done, but it's hard

So 13 and 3 for 2 years, coaching was fine..all of a sudden he forgets how to coach?

Dont for get

7 and 0 with out Tae b4 this year. So he knew how to utilize playere

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really??

Why
He gets blown off the ball..alot! Not sure if it's him having to compensate for Newman being that bad..or him being bad..but seems to be alot of pressure on Rodgers..right up the gut. How many times does Rodgers have to yell at him to "snap the f'ing ball!"

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He gets blown off the ball..alot! Not sure if it's him having to compensate for Newman being that bad..or him being bad..but seems to be alot of pressure on Rodgers..right up the gut. How many times does Rodgers have to yell at him to "snap the f'ing ball!"
He did once 2 weeks ago while Def was trying to run off.

How many "Other" times have I missed?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you spent 50 mill on rodgers and 27 on your left tackle...hard to find studs when ton of money is tied up

Can be done, but it's hard

So 13 and 3 for 2 years, coaching was fine..all of a sudden he forgets how to coach?

Dont for get

7 and 0 with out Tae b4 this year. So he knew how to utilize playere
Not saying they had to spend alot on a veteran wr..just one with actual nfl game experience..there were cheap options available..they grab Watkins. For some reason LaFleur doesn't know how to utilize his players this season. Amari Rodgers was supposed to be their gadget guy..yet he barely sees the field on offense! Outside of today..Tonyan was barely used. Some teams use 6 olinemen to run the ball. You see teams with lesser talent scoring more points..every week. There is no creativity..it's either run..or chuck it deep to NOBODY!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not saying they had to spend alot on a veteran wr..just one with actual nfl game experience..there were cheap options available..they grab Watkins. For some reason LaFleur doesn't know how to utilize his players this season. Amari Rodgers was supposed to be their gadget guy..yet he barely sees the field on offense! Outside of today..Tonyan was barely used. Some teams use 6 olinemen to run the ball. You see teams with lesser talent scoring more points..every week. There is no creativity..it's either run..or chuck it deep to NOBODY!
Didn't tonyan have 10 catches today

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So to understand your twisted logic correctly, if a TE doesn't produce 150 yards and touchdowns, then he was a complete DUD. So then by extension any player who doesn't score is a complete dud to you.

You're a dud, bro. And do try to follow along. I didn't say it wasn't a bad game. I simply said Tonyan was far from a dud.
I'm sorry, did he have half that? Did he catch any first downs? TDs are not all, and if that was all I posted about, then you might have a point, but you don't. You definitely aren't "owning" anyone with your argument, so just stop. I mean stop, the whole offense was a "dud", Tonyan is part of that, he may have shined at times, but he did nothing meaningful or drive extending.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This oline played decent last year..even with Bahktiari and Jenkins out..now it is just a mess. If guys are playing out of position, they need to put them in their natural positions then.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your starting QB with a bad thumb plays the whole game and does, meh. Meanwhile, your #1 pick 3 years ago, a QB, doesn't get a snap? Dud = Gute! Huge opportunity lost to trade #12 = Gute. Inability to sign needed free agents = Gute. Hmmmm.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but man, this has to be the lamest the Packers have looked since the 4-6 point of the 2016 season.

The offense flat-out stinks in almost every phase, the defense is actually decent but is always being put in a bad spot, gets no turnovers, and simply should be dominant with the talent they have.

The game in 2 weeks at the Bills could be a statement moment opportunity to turn the season around, but man, they just look ******. Didn't see this coming.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I’m curious, all the people who said get rid of Rodgers, what would be the Packers record with Love @ QB today? I’m thinking the Packers would be a .500 or less because MLF and his staff would still be stuck with same problems as they are today

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m curious, all the people who said get rid of Rodgers, what would be the Packers record with Love @ QB today? I’m thinking the Packers would be a .500 or less because MLF and his staff would still be stuck with same problems as they are today
Agreed, Love is NOT the future.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the worst thoughts that is now a reality, is that this is most likely Rodger's last season.

Could be overreacting, but if they don't make a blockbuster move at the deadline or essentially guarantee to make a splash move in FA, why does Rodgers come back to this team?

Members online

Latest posts