Duds vs Jets

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Disagree 10000 percent..

I'm going to get slack.. But when season is over the Jets and giants very well maybe a 12 win team. The offense needs to find out how to run the offense. They get their rhythm back, our Def gets more rest.

People want to dismiss the Def needs rest...but you run around for 5 mins..then rest for 5 and do again.

Then run around for 5 mins.. Rest for 15 and see the difference.

If people still say that doesn't matter, than I don't know what else to say

I don't think leadership is an issue or the heart.
I don’t think the Jets will win 10 games by mid season I predict they will start to slide, I can see them finishing 8-9 the Giants have a tough division probably10-7, at best11-6 if they stay healthy

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m curious, all the people who said get rid of Rodgers, what would be the Packers record with Love @ QB today? I’m thinking the Packers would be a .500 or less because MLF and his staff would still be stuck with same problems as they are today
I'm guessing 3-3 or 4-2. I think we'd be running the ball more with Love. Probably would have lost the Tampa game though I think we'd have won one or two of the games against the other teams we lost to. Really no way to know obviously but Rodgers has been wildly inconsistent and isn't seeming to having a positive effect on team chemistry that I can tell.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the worst thoughts that is now a reality, is that this is most likely Rodger's last season.

Could be overreacting, but if they don't make a blockbuster move at the deadline or essentially guarantee to make a splash move in FA, why does Rodgers come back to this team?
Lol, a part of me hopes you're not overreacting. Just sayin.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing 3-3 or 4-2. I think we'd be running the ball more with Love. Probably would have lost the Tampa game though I think we'd have won one or two of the games against the other teams we lost to. Really no way to know obviously but Rodgers has been wildly inconsistent and isn't seeming to having a positive effect on team chemistry that I can tell.
Lol.. the opposing team would be loading up on the run even more than they do now, and would be daring Love to throw. And we've seen Love's accuracy issues... We'd be in a far worse spot because Love isn't throwing anyone open. And he's making poor decision making skills when facing pressure when the offensive line is getting beat

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m curious, all the people who said get rid of Rodgers, what would be the Packers record with Love @ QB today? I’m thinking the Packers would be a .500 or less because MLF and his staff would still be stuck with same problems as they are today
I said it in the game thread: I don’t think Rodgers is the problem but at the same time I don’t think we’d be much worse off with Love… and arguably better positioned for the future. Trade Rodgers, load up on picks and you have a year to see if Love is the future and if he’s not you’ve got the capital to go up and get one of the top QBs in the upcoming draft. Either way I don’t think we’re winning much of consequence this year, so may as well do what we can to get better positioned for the future. Obviously as I said that’s easier to say in hindsight, and generally I was very against the Love pick, but it’s looking more with each passing week like maybe it would’ve been better to rip off the bandage, so to speak.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers had issues with accurate passing today even with time.. His ck downs were bad like it was few years ago

Maybe thumb is worse than led on

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
2 home loses, 1st looking bad in front of our London fans, and than in front of the home town fans, if any jobs are in danger it should be managements

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think the Jets will win 10 games by mid season I predict they will start to slide, I can see them finishing 8-9 the Giants have a tough division probably10-7, at best11-6 if they stay healthy
Giants beat Baltimore and now 5 and 1

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the worst thoughts that is now a reality, is that this is most likely Rodger's last season.

Could be overreacting, but if they don't make a blockbuster move at the deadline or essentially guarantee to make a splash move in FA, why does Rodgers come back to this team?
Agree, especially with the beatings he is taking out there (yes, some his fault).

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree 10000 percent..

I'm going to get slack.. But when season is over the Jets and giants very well maybe a 12 win team. The offense needs to find out how to run the offense. They get their rhythm back, our Def gets more rest.

People want to dismiss the Def needs rest...but you run around for 5 mins..then rest for 5 and do again.

Good level-headed post. Both the Giants and Jets are better than they are being given credit for.

Still, dud o-line and lack of adequate established WR talent (not enough to replace the impact Adams had) will make this season an uphill battle for sure. Once we fall behind our run-pass balance goes out the window, and it’s that run-pass balance that has played a big part in our offense’s success under MLF. We gotta find a way to start strong early and get that back.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Tonyan, Alexander.

Duds:
Offensive line, offensive line, offensive line.

Offensive line coach. Nobody can be this bad without bad coaching.

Did I mention offensive line? Can't run block at all and pretty spotty pass protection, too.

Rodgers. His accuracy was up and down. Decision making was worse. How many unnecessary sacks has he taken in the last few years? He's always taken too many, but now it's practically a joke. The Packers are at the opponent's 36 or 34 and it's third and 4 or 5 or 6 and I'm saying, "Well, time for Rodgers to take a sack that puts us out of field goal range." Gosh, I hate being right.

Offensive game plan. Is MLF calling the plays? Lord have mercy, what has happened to creativity? Or the idea of using A. Jones as your main weapon given the loss of almost all your receivers? I'd rather have Greg Olsen calling the plays for us. He has some idea of how to use Jones and has much better situational awareness than MLF. And it wasn't just this game. Our playcalling has ranged from uninspiring to bafflingly stupid. Our game plan seems to be: run and get stuffed because the O-;ine has no idea what it's doing. Throw deep into double coverage for an incompletion. Take a sack. Repeat.

Gute. The MLF hire has looked darn good for three years, but how much was MLF and how much was Rodgers/Adams? Joe Barry has not impressed. Six games into the season he figures out that we shouldn't give a ten yard cushion to every freakin' receiver on every freakin' play? I thought we had fixed special teams . . . then we get blocked punts, blocked field goals, etc. etc. Better than last year, but hardly exceptional. Also, to beat a dead horse that left the barn a long time ago, the Love pick was sheer stupidity. A complete waste of a first round pick.

Some will say this is an over-reaction, but I think that the moment has passed for this group of players. We could easily be 1-5 right now. One decent win against a terrible Bears team. Blown out by the Vikings. Embarrassed by the Jets. Forking over a winnable game to the Giants. Having third string quarterbacks light us up. This is not a playoff caliber team. I don't think the talent level is horrible, but the coaching staff has taken mediocre/somewhat better than average talent and made it into a soggy mess. Maybe they figure it out in time to save the season, but I doubt it.

I'm calling it now: Rodgers is basically done. He isn't why we lost today, but he's no longer great enough to offset all the other mistakes and shortcomings of the team. The Green Bay Packers need a rebuild. I would start the rebuild by firing Gute. On the positive side, we may start getting pretty decent first round draft spots for a change. Which we will need to draft our quarterback of the future in either the '23 or '24 draft. I'd rather that someone other than Gute made that pick.

Over-reaction? We'll see.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Good level-headed post. Both the Giants and Jets are better than they are being given credit for.

Still, dud o-line and lack of adequate established WR talent (not enough to replace the impact Adams had) will make this season an uphill battle for sure. Once we fall behind our run-pass balance goes out the window, and it’s that run-pass balance that has played a big part in our offense’s success under MLF. We gotta find a way to start strong early and get that back.
Like to know if the long pass att are rodgers just taking shot..seemed like a few into dbl coverage

Reaction score
I missed the first half and couple drives of 3rd Qtr.

As I’m reviewing these, It’s not 1 issue. The Packers D was tremendous that first half.
1. It seemed that the Packers OL was getting beat big time early and often. They couldn’t block consistently for the Run and couldn’t block consistently for the pass.

2. When Rodgers did have some protection? He seemed to have limited resources making plays, coupled with poor throws. It was a little of both.

3. The Blocked FG and blocked punt resulted in a very likely 10 points given up by Our ST. Take away both blocks and this was a more even game.

4. We kept stalling on Offense and it’s like The Jets smelled blood and just stacked the box. We have no legitimate deep threat WR and that takes away the dynamic Of our Offense. Opponents redirect D resources to the other (short pass+ rushing) areas, tending to clog it up.

Summary: Rodgers thumb affected this some, but it all starts upfront in the trenches. This current OL is not playing well and we need to address it yesterday. If not, #12 is about to go down permanently. He was abused some and this isn’t acceptable at any level. A bonafide RT would allow us to move Jenkins back inside and that eliminates our weakest link and masks a minor deficiency at Center.

I would not experiment with RT.
I’d go work a trade deal IF we can win at Washington and get back
To 4-3.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly it all. Jaire and maybe Jones are the only guys that left me with good tastes in my mouth off pure memory.

Everyone looks, slow, old, reactive not proactive and like we're not well coached. Rodgers sucks at his deep ball touch, Dillon literally looks like he is wearing fishing waders filled with water trying to run, Jenkins is NOT fully healthy IMO and is not doing well...our Linebackers are no better than Blake ever was presently...tackling angles SUCK for everyone....

If I'm MLF, I'm telling the OL Coach look Zach Tom is in, I don't care where but we are going to tell this OL this is not acceptable at all, move Yosh to RT and Jenkins to his purest spot at LG. **** I'm fine you set Quay and Devondre if it wakes them up...

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like to know if the long pass att are rodgers just taking shot..seemed like a few into dbl coverage
I’m curious myself. Seems like he’s never throwing to anyone who is open, which leads to the question are guys getting open. Then when someone has his man beat downfield, Rodgers is overthrowing him. Either way, I don’t like the downfield shots with the current personnel. It’s pretty clear they don’t have timing down so why try to establish that in the middle of a game when you’re down by a few scores and it’s 3rd or 4th down? Why not something more low risk to keep the drive going?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while, but man, this has to be the lamest the Packers have looked since the 4-6 point of the 2016 season.

The offense flat-out stinks in almost every phase, the defense is actually decent but is always being put in a bad spot, gets no turnovers, and simply should be dominant with the talent they have.

The game in 2 weeks at the Bills could be a statement moment opportunity to turn the season around, but man, they just look ******. Didn't see this coming.
That game in Buffalo is gonna be a massacre. We'll be lucky if we are 4-4 after that one.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disagree 10000 percent..

I don't know about you but they look rather lackluster to me. That speaks to leadership and desire. The last three games remind me of the second half of the 2015 season and the 2018 season. Did they look fired up today? Nope.

Members online

Latest posts