Don't talk to me about the Towels, Packer Nation Rules

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
This is from NBC Pro Football Talk today. Qualcomm will be rockin with the Green and Gold.

"Thursday is usually the day of the week when we find out whether games have been blacked out, or not, for the coming Sunday.
This Thursday, the Chargers have declared that a game that won’t be played until three Sundays from now has been sold out.
To little surprise, the Chargers have managed to sell enough non-premium tickets to lift the blackout for the once-in-eight-years visit from the defending NFL champions, the Green Bay Packers. Four days later, the Chargers will host the Raiders in a Thursday night game that has not yet been sold out.
The Packers have never lost in San Diego when playing the Chargers, winning there in 1970, 1978, 1993, 1999, and 2003. Green Bay’s only defeat at Qualcomm Stadium came in January 1998, when the Packers lost to the Broncos there in Super Bowl XXXII."

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hellz yeah!

I've reached out to a couple of places to find out if there will be a Packers pre-game night pep rally anywhere. Will keep teh folks here posted.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Thats awesome.

If you guys make the SB then the Colts stadium might be like a Packers home game.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be our hardest game I feel.

Same with me. They always get better later in the year and they have a lot of talent across the board. I also predicted 2 years ago that Rodgers and Rivers would be the next generation Manning and Brady (in no particular order). Rivers is off to a bit of a slow start this year, but the kid can chuck it and has put up similar numbers to Rodgers' the last couple of years. I don't think he gets enough credit/attention for his skills. All he needs is some postseason success to reach elite status, in my opinion. I personally think he has the ugliest release in the league, but he gets it done. I'd take him over Eli and Ben if I had to choose between them to start a team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats awesome.

If you guys make the SB then the Colts stadium might be like a Packers home game.
Yup.
Which is why I was hoping for a Colts/Packers match up.
No doubt it would have been a massive sea of blue and white, but I like to think there would have been a great amount of green and gold too.
But now I'll just be happy to have the Packers there at all.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
does out coach mean a win? if you describe a team about out coached it sounds like a loss

Yes I think the Packers win and I don't think SD is an intimidating to place to play either. If the Packers lose any game it will be a suprise to me and all of us unless Rodgers misses the plane to an away game. I will know more about SD this weekend. The Jets seem to have had their number a bit over recent years but have hardly looked impressive themselves yet.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yup.
Which is why I was hoping for a Colts/Packers match up.
No doubt it would have been a massive sea of blue and white, but I like to think there would have been a great amount of green and gold too.
But now I'll just be happy to have the Packers there at all.

If you face the Ravens or Pats if you get to the SB then I will whip out all my old superstitions to punish the AFC team in our house!! :)Both the Ravens and Pats have yet to win in our new stadium. Pats are 0-2 here. Ravens are 0-2.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some people had the Charges going to the SB...

But Gates has put little doubt in their minds..Speaking of Gates, he had same injury to his foot as me..and he still isnt 100% a YEAR later..Makes me feel a little better for still having issues after only 4 months

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I'm more worried about the Lions than the Chargers.

Not that I think the Lions are better, I just think they match us better than the Chargers.

Rodgers hates inside pressure, and that's what the Lions bring. The Chargers not so much.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's odd how San Diego can't sell out every home game....Same goes for Tampa Bay. They won 10 games last season and couldn't even sell out their opening games, yet Detroit sold out their first 3 home games before the season even started.

The Chargers do not scare me. The same thing will happen this year that happens every year for them. They'll probably go 13-3 or 12-4 and then make the playoffs and get beat by a wild card team, or they'll finish in the top 3 in offense or defense and blow it. I think we're going to beat the **** out of them. They let Miami hang around and nearly beat them without a quarterback. They almost lost to the most overrated quarterback in the league at home against Denver. Games they are winning, they allow teams to hang around and barely win. All 4 of their wins, they could have blown those teams out (Minnesota, Kansas City, Denver, Miami). They are kinda like the Saints on defense, and I think down the line it's gonna come back and bite them on the *** like it did the Saints last week. That's what happens to teams that can't close a game with their defense.

The Packers are a team you do not want let hang around when you have a lead. Even if the Chargers go up by 7 before the 4th quarter, I am sure we'll beat them by more than that, just for the fact they will let someone hang around in the game. Maybe we'll be the team that it comes back to haunt them against.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's odd how San Diego can't sell out every home game....Same goes for Tampa Bay. They won 10 games last season and couldn't even sell out their opening games, yet Detroit sold out their first 3 home games before the season even started.

2 Reasons:

#1 San Diego is a transplant city, case in point in my office of 17 employees only 2 are S.D. natives. Most transplants take their team with them. We have Eagles fan, Steelers, Titans, Vikings, Packers (of course), Bears, and Charger fans.

#2 The cost of living is so high out here, that it's almost impossible for a family of 4 to go to a game. Plus factor in ticket prices, it would probably cost a family of 4 buying tickets at face value about $550 including parking, food, etc. Much cheaper to get the friends together buy a couple cases of beer and watch the game on T.V.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
coming from a colts fan I am surprised to hear that ;)

*sigh* Was hoping nobody would bring up the fact that the Chargers have owned us. To be fair we won there in 2008. But, overall they have our number and especially in Indy. Two of their playoff wins are against us. I spent a long time trying to figure out what the deal was, really. The only thing I could come up with was for years their d line owned our o line. That matchup had forced Manning to throw most of the game and we can never run against them, not even a little. Going back to 2005 not even Edge could run on them and we had a good o line then.

I don't get it but stopped trying to figure it out. It's a lot like how Denver always seemed to have New England's number too. And then we would own Denver. And then in 2005 we stopped being owned by the New England but started to get owned by San Diego while New England started to own San Diego even if Brady didn't play well. And the Steelers....not sure what you will get with them. We never beat them when it matters, but they beat SD or Baltimore but have lost to NE. And we have owned Baltimore.
On the flip side we own Baltimore. I am sure the Ravens are not unhappy that Peyton is out.

Gotta love the off and on ownage by AFC rivals eh?

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some time just own each other:
*sigh* Was hoping nobody would bring up the fact that the Chargers have owned us. To be fair we won there in 2008. But, overall they have our number and especially in Indy. Two of their playoff wins are against us. I spent a long time trying to figure out what the deal was, really. The only thing I could come up with was for years their d line owned our o line. That matchup had forced Manning to throw most of the game and we can never run against them, not even a little. Going back to 2005 not even Edge could run on them and we had a good o line then.

I don't get it but stopped trying to figure it out. It's a lot like how Denver always seemed to have New England's number too. And then we would own Denver. And then in 2005 we stopped being owned by the New England but started to get owned by San Diego while New England started to own San Diego even if Brady didn't play well. And the Steelers....not sure what you will get with them. We never beat them when it matters, but they beat SD or Baltimore but have lost to NE. And we have owned Baltimore.
On the flip side we own Baltimore. I am sure the Ravens are not unhappy that Peyton is out.

Gotta love the off and on ownage by AFC rivals eh?

Yeah, some teams just own other teams.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
2 Reasons:

#1 San Diego is a transplant city, case in point in my office of 17 employees only 2 are S.D. natives. Most transplants take their team with them. We have Eagles fan, Steelers, Titans, Vikings, Packers (of course), Bears, and Charger fans.

#2 The cost of living is so high out here, that it's almost impossible for a family of 4 to go to a game. Plus factor in ticket prices, it would probably cost a family of 4 buying tickets at face value about $550 including parking, food, etc. Much cheaper to get the friends together buy a couple cases of beer and watch the game on T.V.
#3 The Beaches
#4 Sea World
#5 Disneyland
#6 Magic Mountain
#7 Universal Studios
#8 Knotts Berry Farm
#9 Skiing at Big Bear
#10 Las Vegas

Its not like other places, Unless it rains the weather is always good. that's why its so hard for teams to succeed in So Cal. Everywhere else the weather is turning cold, there's not much else to do but go out and kill things. I remember when I was stationed back east, it was too freaking cold to go outside I slept in, had lunch and drank beer and watched football. Plus like SDC says it costs a fortune so if your going to spend that much might as well drive to Vegas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts