Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking how last year all I wanted was Robert Meachem, and look how that guy turned out :roll:

So yeah, if TT misses or passes on DRC, I'm sure it'll work out well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRC in my opinion is the best CB in this draft. Better than McKelvin, Jenkins, and Talib. If he went to a bigger school he's be a sure fire top 10 pick. He won't fall to the Packers. He'd be a great fit though. He rock solid in man to man coverage and has the speed to really close on guys.

I think the Packers are going to have to watch Reggie Smith's pro day. He's verastile enough to be a FS and a CB. They'll probably want to watch Antonie Cason but his stock is kind of cold right now. If the Packers wanted to make a move up for Jenkins or DRC, I'd be thrilled.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRC in my opinion is the best CB in this draft. Better than McKelvin, Jenkins, and Talib. If he went to a bigger school he's be a sure fire top 10 pick. He won't fall to the Packers. He'd be a great fit though. He rock solid in man to man coverage and has the speed to really close on guys.

I think the Packers are going to have to watch Reggie Smith's pro day. He's verastile enough to be a FS and a CB. They'll probably want to watch Antonie Cason but his stock is kind of cold right now. If the Packers wanted to make a move up for Jenkins or DRC, I'd be thrilled.

I can't disagree with that post one bit, porky. However, TT has completely broken my mind, and I can no longer allow myself to assume that any of my guesses at what he's going to do are going to be accurate.

Jenkins, DRC, Flowers, McKelvin; I'd love to have 'em. But chances are if the Pack goes CB at any point, it's gonna be some dude that makes 98% of GB fans say "who is that guy?"

Not to sound bitter, but I just got REALLY excited seeing Cromartie, then remembered the last two drafts I've watched. You could say I'm a bit gunshy.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

I can't disagree with that post one bit, porky. However, TT has completely broken my mind, and I can no longer allow myself to assume that any of my guesses at what he's going to do are going to be accurate.

Jenkins, DRC, Flowers, McKelvin; I'd love to have 'em. But chances are if the Pack goes CB at any point, it's gonna be some dude that makes 98% of GB fans say "who is that guy?"

Not to sound bitter, but I just got REALLY excited seeing Cromartie, then remembered the last two drafts I've watched. You could say I'm a bit gunshy.

TT's draft last year was surprising. Harrell I had late round 1. Actually to the Colts. Then Jackson and Jones weren't on my radar at all. Rouse was though.

Now the 06 draft was pretty standard. I figured A.J. Hawk and most people did. I had Daryn Colledge projected as a 2nd round pick. I had Greg Jennings in the same area. Actually had him going to the Bears in my mock draft in round 2. How bad would that of been? :lol:

So TT can either pull something out of no where or be sort of predictable. Regardless the only way GB gets DRC IMO is if we trade up and that is one thing he hasn't done yet.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Porky, would you say DRC is drafted ahead of Aqib Talib as of right now?

While I'm interested to hear Porky's take, I'll tell you that I would say he's drafted ahead of Talib, and I'd be willing to bet that all the NFL Network guys would, too, at this point.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a little early to say anything is for certain but I think Talib will be 4th CB taken right now behind DRC, McKelvin, and Jenkins. I think we could have a early run on corners though. Like 3 in the top 15 and then maybe Talib going between 15 and 20. It's really a good draft for corners at the top in my opinion.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
all about da packers said:
Porky, would you say DRC is drafted ahead of Aqib Talib as of right now?

While I'm interested to hear Porky's take, I'll tell you that I would say he's drafted ahead of Talib, and I'd be willing to bet that all the NFL Network guys would, too, at this point.

i dont see how any NFL team could be impressed by Talib in interviews, hes pretty dim.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cromartie also had an awsome vertical leap. I am seeing him projected even in the top ten now. He is probably the second DB taken and will be long gone before we get there. NE has a history of trading for more picks, we might be able to work a deal with them like a couple draft picks and Poppinga.

Members online

Latest posts