Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YouTube

A good video from the Senior Bowl. I wonder after that performance if he will even make it to the Packers pick. If he is anything like his cousin, it is well worth our first round pick.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you saying first pick or later? There are a LOT of players that are going to get picked ahead of us, I expect at least 3 CBs to be off the board, this guy I think could be there though.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might work his way into the top 20 after the combine. I only see 3 CB's that I like better than him, Talib from Kansas, McKelvin from Troy, and Jenkins from South Florida. After I see more of Rodgers-Cromartie, I might bump him ahead one or two of those guys. What I saw while watching the Senior Bowl and practices was very impressive.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I don't think he'll fall to our pick. I could see him being taken 2-5 spots ahead of us.

Either way, I hope we go with the BPA . . which will hopefully be a nice interior linemen!

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might work his way into the top 20 after the combine. I only see 3 CB's that I like better than him, Talib from Kansas, McKelvin from Troy, and Jenkins from South Florida. After I see more of Rodgers-Cromartie, I might bump him ahead one or two of those guys. What I saw while watching the Senior Bowl and practices was very impressive.

You think Jenkins might fall to us now? McKelvin might go as high as seven to the Pats, and Talib is a flashy player that might get picked higher than he may be worth. If Cromartie has a good combine to build on his Senior Bowl he might rise too. The only reason I ask is because Jenkins seems like the type of guy who can play a lot of bump and run coverage, which would fit well into our system. Also, a corner in the Pats spot may not be a slam dunk. They're a zone team, so cover corners aren't really at a premium for them. If they end up going Keith Rivers then somebody else good might fall to us too.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've yet to see any Mocks that have Jenkins falling out of the top 12 or 15. No way he falls that far unless something happens, and if he falls it will be into the 2nd.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:

You think Jenkins might fall to us now? McKelvin might go as high as seven to the Pats, and Talib is a flashy player that might get picked higher than he may be worth. If Cromartie has a good combine to build on his Senior Bowl he might rise too. The only reason I ask is because Jenkins seems like the type of guy who can play a lot of bump and run coverage, which would fit well into our system. Also, a corner in the Pats spot may not be a slam dunk. They're a zone team, so cover corners aren't really at a premium for them. If they end up going Keith Rivers then somebody else good might fall to us too.

More likely his emergence would bump down a guy like Reggie Smith or Antonie Cason. I don't think McKelvin or Jenkins fall at all. Both could go in the top 10 to the Patriots like you said and then the other to the Saints. Talib has the talent to go that high as well. If Rodgers-Cromartie surpasses one like I think he can then I think it's probably Talib to drop out of the top 15. That leaves the door open for the Packers to consider moving up to get him because I doubt a team like Houston or Dallas let him pass.

OP
OP
P

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a tough call right now. Jenkins and McKelvin won't be there for sure. Talib and Reggie Smith most likely will be gone and right now it's questionable on Rodgers-Cromartie. I'm not sure I am sold on Cason. I think there will be better talent at other positions at our pick.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only trading down was THAT easy. There has to be something at our pick to be worth someone trading up for. It takes two to trade after all.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well im sure there would be someone that some other team wants im sayin get like a another low 2nd round or something with a 5th rounder or something

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers pick 30th, its worth 620 points on the draft chart, if say for example the Washington Redskins wanted to trade up from the 53rd Pick in the 2nd Round, that pick alone is worth 370 points ( a net difference of 250 pts) to make up that difference the redskins would have to give up a player probaby, and another pick or two. If the skins say gave up their 3rd pick, 83rd Pick valued 165 you still have a net loss of 85 Pts on the "draft chart". that may or may not be enough, but I'm just illustrating the point that it's very difficult to trade up INTO the 1st Round. Cleveland did it last year much higher up, but for a player they knew they wanted, and they gave up a lot this year to do it. Thus I don't see a lot of trading going on in the first down. Lots of teams would gladly trade down, but the salary a 1st Rounder would command plus the loss of draft picks to get there would make it more difficult. A team lower then even the redskins, would have to come up with even more then that, so no I don't see a trade down scenario in the first as being likely.

Which brings me to a question. What about a Trade up Scenario? If there's a player we want no reason not to go up and get him if you think he'll be gone. As an example consider this:

Green Bay Trade Up Scenario:

An Example:
Green Bay
Get's 21st Pick 800 pts

Redskins
Gets Green Bay's
1st (30th overall) worth 620 points (net Difference 180 pts)
3rd (94th Overall) worth 124 points (net difference 56 pts)
2009's 4th Round or a Player (not sure who?)

Granted GB loses two picks this year, but if there is a player (perhaps a CB/DB) that GB really would like to have, moving up to at least 21 would likely net a better player then waiting at 30.

I'm not saying they should do this, and I only use the Redskins as an example cause I have an idea of what they might be looking at this point (and I think they'd be more then willing to move down given their loss of a 4th rounder this year and next). It might even be possible to package a player in here, and reduce the value of the picks as well. Trading within the 1st Round might be easier than trading down out of it. But again, the team you negotiate with has to be interested in doing it. It always takes two to tango.

The main question here, is what one or two players would be worth it. Either way this may not be able to happen until draft day.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cromartie just ran the fastest 40 time of all DBs.

so expect his stock to rise. he looks like he is peaking at the right time to impress.

im weary of speedy guys with small frames though... thanks in part to "he who shall not be named" ill give you a hint.... holding number 28.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hrms, the question is with him running that fast, does that hurt and drop another DB to us?

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From my current Mock lists, which will of course change during the FA-period, the list of CBs getting picked before our turn: Leodis McKelvin, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Reggie Smith (DB), Antonio Rodgers-Cromartie.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talib is a bum and speaks like Snoop Dogg from some unknown reason. I dont want him as a Packer.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how a player speaks.... it's how he plays! :D

That's awesome about DRC's 40 time. But not awesome that we now have very slight odds of him falling to us. I've felt like he was the real deal since I saw him in the Senior Bowl, and now I'm gonna have to change my avatar when the Saints or Cowboys or someone else drafts him :(

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really like Aqib's attitude is all, when he got burned by Jordy Nelson he gave up on the play, it was horrendous.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DRC is the fastest and smoothest DB in the lineup this year at the combine i personally think.

he has decent size but looks kinda like al harris ... skinny. but because we know al harris can lay the wallup and never gets run over (cant say the same thing in coverage) i dont know that we need to worry about his size.

the kid just looks like a natural... id be very suprised to see him fall to us and would be very happy to see him signed. but TT will draft a superstar suspected 7th rounder in the first and blow our minds so im not gonna even think about it.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to get DRC... he's a real ball hawk, fast and seems to play evry smart when the ball is in the air... I no longer see him dropping to 30th, we could always get Cason, that would'nt be too bad...

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really like Aqib's attitude is all, when he got burned by Jordy Nelson he gave up on the play, it was horrendous.

You know, I watched the combine when I got home, and saw Mayock's tape sample on Talib. That's attitude reminiscent of Mr. Holding, #28 himself. And I might puke if I'm faced with the prospect of being treated to that ******-baggery for another 2-3 years. Yuck.

I don't care how a dude speaks, but yeah, I totally agree that he's showing signals of a crappy attitude, and that turns me off.

Now DRC, if he falls, is a must-pick.

If he's (DRC) available, and TT passes on him for a ****ing lineman, I'll flip out like those guys last offseason who youtubed themselves screaming profanities and flushing Harrell's profile picture down the john.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If DRC is the guy, maybe the packers should move up to get him. Question is how far up would you have to move? Would he be there at #21 for example? Redskins would love to trade down, and it might be easier done if Corey Williams were part of said trade.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may need to go as high as 15... seriously, the kid is on fire

very true, its a definite that a team will reach for him in the 1st round, same with a guy like Flacco. These guys are good but very visible in the pre draft buzz, picking them or guys like them is not TT's style at all.

Members online

Latest posts