Does Rodgers seem to be getting.. I don't know.. arrogant?

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked Rodgers, became his fan the moment he took the first snap after Favre's leave in having to fill his legendary shoes. I liked him even more as he quickly climbed the ranks as an elite quarterback while remaining a pretty good character, always smiling and goofing around with players. Even when mistakes were made he addressed the players calmly and then immediately went back to doing dirt.

Now as of late when things aren't going his way he just screams at everyone. His team mates, the officials, the staff. For some reason it rubbed me the wrong way when he came sprinting to the side-line jumping up and down like a spoiled little girl after that fumble on the goal line that was overturned as a TD. I mean I understand it is frustrating and emotions are running high, but seriously Rodgers.. CALM DOWN.

You usually don't pass for 400 yards and 4 TD's when you can't think straight. My fear is that he is going to be so clouded with anger and frustration that he's going to make a rare mistake at the worst possible time.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked Rodgers, became his fan the moment he took the first snap after Favre's leave in having to fill his legendary shoes. I liked him even more as he quickly climbed the ranks as an elite quarterback while remaining a pretty good character, always smiling and goofing around with players. Even when mistakes were made he addressed the players calmly and then immediately went back to doing dirt.

Now as of late when things aren't going his way he just screams at everyone. His team mates, the officials, the staff. For some reason it rubbed me the wrong way when he came sprinting to the side-line jumping up and down like a spoiled little girl after that fumble on the goal line that was overturned as a TD. I mean I understand it is frustrating and emotions are running high, but seriously Rodgers.. CALM DOWN.

You usually don't pass for 400 yards and 4 TD's when you can't think straight. My fear is that he is going to be so clouded with anger and frustration that he's going to make a rare mistake at the worst possible time.
Peyton does the same thing.

Arod is emotional and I am glad. He cares

Doylebeule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is your conclusion "arrogance"?
Shannon Sharpe?

He was mad at McCarthy and so was everybody who saw that stupid flag. Schwartz made a fool of himself by not knowing the rules, but how many times more stupid would it have been if that would caused the turnover/TD not to be reviewed. I can only imagine the sh#tstorm...

Only time i saw Rodgers somehow visibly yelling at a teammate, was when Cobb caused an INT by not knowing his route. That was how many games ago?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
AR has always been arrogant, its part of why I was hesitant when he started. He took his first year and proved he had a right to be arrogant though.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Arrogance? No, I don't think so. The guy has the same ailment that afflicts all that are immensely successful. He performs at a high level and expects the same from everyone around him. He'd qualify as arrogant if he took all of the credit for the team's successes AND took the blame for all of the team's failures. See, if he did that, then he'd be subliminally saying that the whole team revolves around him and only him. It does in an odd sort of way, it does given that too many times, he's got to cover for a hit 'n' miss defense, but I've never heard him refer to himself as anything besides one of twenty-two. He publicly recognized that on a couple of occasions, the D has covered for the O this season ... I just think he was pi$$ed off at mental errors -- his and others.

12theTruth

It really goes along with his opinionated nature. The Packers are winning and that is the MAIN thing. A 500 team or below and there'd be a bit more consternation. Refer to my recent thread about "A-Rod is he too opinionated?"

I say Aaron Rodgers needs to understand his role as a team LEADER. To verbally undermine the captain of the ship (McCarthy) in wide view serves NO purpose. The pundits on ESPN Wisconsin were rightly admonishing Aaron Rodgers for his behavior. We are seeing a disturbing trend. To simply pass the situation off as an emotional outburst does not adequately address the potential impact from such an occurrence.

12theTruth

Don't confuse being a leader with being arrogant. He needs to direct traffic out there and keep order among his players. So............arrogance? Not really. I'm glad he's not a cream puff.

Don't know who you are replying to but since you mentioned leader I'll assume its me. I didn't really address the fact whether Aaron Rodgers is arrogant just the fact that under NO circumstances should he verbally hammer the head coach the way he did.

Caring is fine. Being passionate is fine. No need for the display he put out there however. Anyone who has taken some psychology courses would understand that NOTHING good can come from that kind of behavior.

12theTruth

He was mad that Mike McCarthy threw the flag. Not really a big deal

No big deal? Maybe not now but later..... Two weeks in a row you have the team leader either publicly saying his coach "didn't make the wisest decision" and then the week after he demonstrably admonishes his head coach in plain public view.

There could be some lingering effects from this.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was a HUGE moment, in a HUGE game, and Rodgers knew the severety of MM throwing the flag and what could have potentially happened had the booth not buzzed down to review it before MM threw the flag. Dan Marino was notorious for yelling at his teammates but that didn't make him arrogant...just a jerk lol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Let him just be nonchalant and not get emotional about a game that would have giving them a week off?

I'll take his emotional out burst any time

12theTruth

Let him just be nonchalant and not get emotional about a game that would have giving them a week off?

I'll take his emotional out burst any time

Its not necessarily a black and white either/or method. I don't think those concerned have a problem with Aaron Rodgers showing "emotion" but how its channeled. He is supposed to be the player stepping in between other players with a beef not the player with the "beef".

With his stature and accomplishments he is untouchable and he sure does act like it sometimes.

Reaction score
No big deal? Maybe not now but later..... Two weeks in a row you have the team leader either publicly saying his coach "didn't make the wisest decision" and then the week after he demonstrably admonishes his head coach in plain public view.

There could be some lingering effects from this.
You are going way too in depth ...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not necessarily a black and white either/or method. I don't think those concerned have a problem with Aaron Rodgers showing "emotion" but how its channeled. He is supposed to be the player stepping in between other players with a beef not the player with the "beef".

With his stature and accomplishments he is untouchable and he sure does act like it sometimes.

Brett Fart was arrogant and we put up with him for YEARS.

12theTruth

You are going way too in depth ...

We sure aren't going to get any public acknowledgement from either McCarthy or Aaron if there is a rift but in many other professions actions like those described can lead toward strained working relationships. And no I don't think I am getting to detailed. Even the pundits on ESPN Wisconsin also held a similar view when it comes to Aaron not acting like that against the head coach.

Reaction score
We sure aren't going to get any public acknowledgement from either McCarthy or Aaron if there is a rift but in many other professions actions like those described can lead toward strained working relationships. And no I don't think I am getting to detailed. Even the pundits on ESPN Wisconsin also held a similar view when it comes to Aaron not acting like that against the head coach.
Just because people have a feud doesn't mean the relationship will be strained. My dad and I butt heads all the time. Our relationship is fine. It's the competitive nature. It's all about pushing each others buttons. You think that after all this time together between Rodgers and McCarthy 7 or 8 years whatever it is that one little public mishap is going to change their relationship. Should Rodgers have done it? Probably not but its not really a huge deal. If anything why aren't u mad at Jordy. He picked up the flag. That flag was the coaches order and he disobeyed it. See how you can go into depth on nothing.

Members online

Latest posts