Do we need to lose against Bears?

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know it might sound perverse but a loss against the Bears might be the best thing for Green Bay. Think back to this time last year. We had our backs against the wall. No one gave us a chance and that is when the passion truly shone. Maybe being favourites is not what we're about. Last Sunday was not the first time this season I've seen apathy in the squad. We are still the best team in the NFL - we just need a massive kick up the ****! - tough love Go Pack!

D

Dan115

You know it might sound perverse but a loss against the Bears might be the best thing for Green Bay. Think back to this time last year. We had our backs against the wall. No one gave us a chance and that is when the passion truly shone. Maybe being favourites is not what we're about. Last Sunday was not the first time this season I've seen apathy in the squad. We are still the best team in the NFL - we just need a massive kick up the ****! - tough love Go Pack!

Maybe The Packers should lose to dabears and the lions. Now that would really be a massive kick up the ****.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe The Packers should lose to dabears and the lions. Now that would really be a massive kick up the ****.
Yeah, Then if we lose in first round of the playoffs also, man the Packers would be super-ultra motivated at that point! At that point they would be a shoo-in to win the superbowl.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't need to lose to anybody. I divisional loss to either the Bears or Lions would not be a good thing. What they need is the opposite. They need to open up a can of whup *** on both the Bears and the Lions and reestablish their confidence. Beating the Bears isn't going to be much of an issue or at least it shouldn't be, worry more about the Lions who still have a very good Stafford, Megatron and Suh.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No the pack don't need to lose to the bears in fact I think they should ( and will) destroy the bears. Why? Cause every time they do bad on the road our team comes back home against a crappy team drop the hammer on them

Reaction score
NEVER!! This is the W we need, and NOW, especially after that egg laying at Arrowhead. Get back on the winning track, secure HF, regain that "swagger" and also knock off the arrogant dirty Lions to jumpstart us into the playoffs. As for da' Bears, the noose is fitting quite well around their necks. All it takes now is for someone to kick the horse out from under them........and that would be US!

c33j44y

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No.

Seriously, these threads are starting to get dumber and dumber.
HAHA, I see where you're coming from. Let's start focusing on the losses we need to get rather than wins .. that's not what watching football is about, guys! Focus on it game by game, and what happens happens (but hopefully, you're wanting a victory rather than a loss). :confused:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Last Sunday was not the first time this season I've seen apathy in the squad.
Could you give us some examples of the evidence of apathy because I haven't noticed any. Just the opposite in fact. No offense intended Emerald1066 but it is a little amusing to read someone post they believe the "cure" for what they see as apathy is losing games. If I thought the Packers were apathetic I'd prescribe the exact opposite.

The Bears D is still good and unfortunately they match up with the Packers' O too well. For example, listen to 'Tuesdays with Rodgers' and listen to what he has to say about 'em. Luckily for the Packers, the Bears have been getting some of the worst QB play I've seen since Cutler went down. I hope that continues for at least one more week.

IMO job one for the Packers is to secure HFA. Job two is getting through the next two games as healthy as they possibly can (much harder than #1). The Packers know what is at stake. They haven't been apathetic and they won't be. That doesn't mean they'll win another title, but IMO it means if they don't it won't be for lack of trying.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to win against the Bears and who cares about the lions! We must have home field advantage!! Do not count on others to help us out. The pack will beat the bears it may be close because of the Bears D but we should win as they are as wounded as we are. 35-13 Go Pack!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Since we don't have home field locked up thanks to those 49ers across the West, YES we need to give the Bears a good kick in the mouth. McCown is starting, I want him to have the worst nightmare of his life against a 31st ranked defense that picks him off 3 times, and sacks him a bunch of times. Also, my opinion and judgement is based on how I just can't see us losing to the Bears. Lovie Smith will brag about this all year long "My job is to beat the Packers" do you really wanna hear those bragging rights of them beating us in our own stadium on Christmas? I sure as hell don't.

Oh by the way, anyone want to use the "if we lose 3 games in a row, we won't have any motivation to win in the playoffs" the 2009 New Orleans Saints say hello.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be so awesome to lose on NBC Sunday Night Football on the only game to be played on Christmas Day.

Just awesome.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a bad game, too, so that Brees can seal the MVP award the next night.

D

Dan115

It would be so awesome to lose on NBC Sunday Night Football on the only game to be played on Christmas Day.

Just awesome.

Hopefully Rodgers will have a bad game, too, so that Brees can seal the MVP award the next night.

I hope this is sarcasm.

L

Lunchboxer

Already had the kick in the balls reality moment.

That loss to KC brought them back down.

Reaction score
Would you also rather have had the Packers go 0-16 and get Andrew Luck to replace Rodgers?

GVN2FLY

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we not learn anything from Coach Edwards?

"You PLAY to WIN the game..... hellooooo!"

OP
OP
E

Emerald1066

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you give us some examples of the evidence of apathy because I haven't noticed any. Just the opposite in fact. No offense intended Emerald1066 but it is a little amusing to read someone post they believe the "cure" for what they see as apathy is losing games. If I thought the Packers were apathetic I'd prescribe the exact opposite.

The Bears D is still good and unfortunately they match up with the Packers' O too well. For example, listen to 'Tuesdays with Rodgers' and listen to what he has to say about 'em. Luckily for the Packers, the Bears have been getting some of the worst QB play I've seen since Cutler went down. I hope that continues for at least one more week.

IMO job one for the Packers is to secure HFA. Job two is getting through the next two games as healthy as they possibly can (much harder than #1). The Packers know what is at stake. They haven't been apathetic and they won't be. That doesn't mean they'll win another title, but IMO it means if they don't it won't be for lack of trying.
if you think GBs lost last week to the Chiefs despite the fact they were playing at their very best, then my friend you have ow opinion of your team.
I believe the Packers are the best team in the NFL by a country mile. Man for man there's no one to touch them. Last week was not the only poor performance we've had.
I believe complacency or apathy has crept into a team who've forgotten what it's like to lose. I'm afraid this team might feel that Sunday was a minor blip. I'd like them to understand there are other teams out there approaching the hunger GB had last season and unless we get our act together we will easily lose another game but this time in the playoffs. My point was that another loss against the Bears might wake up the whole team and make them understand we have to earn another SB, it's not out birthright. I've massive respect for what Dom Capers has achieved but we need our defense to function, and so far this season it has just stuttered. Our OL is a shade of what it was last season too. Something has to happen to get this team firing on ALL cylinders, because if and when that happens, you will see something really, really special. Obviously jmo :))

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That K.C. lost was bound to happen.

I know no one believes it because they wanted to go 16-0, but stats don't lie. This defense couldn't get a stop when they needed it the most against the Giants. That was enough to show you that this defense was not going to be able to count on eventually, and it happened. I've said it all year....All someone has to do is shut down the offense and then they can have a field day against our really bad defense (as long as you do not turn the ball over), and we let the Chiefs gain a season high on yards. Defensive problems go back to S.D..Coming out of the bye week I expected the defense to have done something, but if it takes a loss to K.C. to finally see it's not working, I just pray it's not too late. It's week 15 and our defense has done nothing. There is a reason teams are not afraid one bit to throw bombs on our secondary. Eli and Phillip Rivers did it all ******* day because no one plays man to man against deep ball in our secondary, just look at how we let Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks, and Vince Jackson rack up stats. The Packers defense is just like the Patriots. Play very bad, get lots of turnovers (NE lead the league in interceptions last year as a 31st ranked defense) but at the end of the day the defense has to depend on the quarterback to bail them out. They live and die on turnovers.

If you really think about it, the turnovers against S.D, the one mistake by the Giants, the mistakes in the Panthers game (Carolina's field goals and not getting TD's early on) are what won us those games because despite turnovers, our defense let those teams totally out gain our offense, and it's ****ing embarrassing looking at stats to a game and seeing this Top 3 offense getting out gained by teams that are not even close to the level of them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
if you think GBs lost last week to the Chiefs despite the fact they were playing at their very best, then my friend you have a low opinion of your team.
(I assume the bold letters I added is what you intended – no ‘spelling smack’ intended.) I disagree with both parts of this sentence. First, you are implying that the only way a team doesn’t play its best is if it is apathetic. I have witnessed many a talented and motivated team get beat. You know why? Because **** happens and ‘the other guys are on scholarship, too’. Even the best QB in the league can have an off day, particularly if a general lack of protection makes him uncomfortable in the pocket.

You then tell me I have a low opinion of our team as you accuse them of being apathetic.

I've massive respect for what Dom Capers has achieved but we need our defense to function, and so far this season it has just stuttered.
So you believe the defense has underperformed all season because they’ve been apathetic or unmotivated? I disagree. I think it has to do with personnel and opponents catching up to Capers’ schemes.
Our OL is a shade of what it was last season too. Something has to happen to get this team firing on ALL cylinders, because if and when that happens, you will see something really, really special.
I can’t think of a worst example for someone accusing the Packers of apathy to bring up. The reason for the play of the OL vs. the Chiefs was obviously personnel, not lack of motivation. The Packers were without OTs Clifton, Bulaga and Sherrod for all or part of that game. There’s no need to remind a Packers fan that group includes the two starting OTs, right? You know why the Packers OL looked much better last season as the Packers made their run to and through the playoffs? A big reason was Chad Clifton was playing some great football, that’s why. He was fantastic pass blocking down the stretch. A player like Allen Barbre could be motivated out of his mind and even if he matched the experience of Clifton, he'd never play like him. Cohesiveness and familiarity are more important on the OL than on any other group IMO. It’s not like plugging in another DL or WR. They have to work as a unit, the weakest link can cause a leak that endangers their franchise QB. The Packers finished that game with their #3 OT playing LT and their #5 OT playing RT. IMO that, and understanding how KC defensed the Packers is a more obvious and much better explanation of why the O struggled than a lack of motivation.

I don’t believe an apathetic team can put together a 13-0 run. I don’t believe McCarthy, who has demonstrated an ability to read his team well, would stand for it. As I said before I think your prescription is exactly wrong. What the Packers have to do is bounce back strong and soundly beat the Bears. IMO only a person with a low opinion of our team would think they need to have their ‘noses rubbed in it’ again.

Members online

Latest posts