Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when he's not open!

A professional quarterback does not wait until the man is open to throw it. He throws it when he knows he's about to be open. It the case of what was hopefully his last play as a Packer, there is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not seeing Lazard wide open as well as there being zero excuse for throwing a prayer up to Adams when he was double-covered from the start and was never open by any stretch of the imagination.

Let me ask you a very real question. In your mind, has Aaron Rodgers EVER made a bad decision?
Maybe they don't think Rodgers is a GOAT level QB. They certainly don't hold him to that standard.

Rodgers resorts to hero-ball too often. It works against lesser defenses in the regular season, but doesn't work very often against better defenses in the playoffs. He needs to take those 5 yard gains to open receivers to keep defenses honest. Then maybe our other WRs can get open. Instead, defenses know the blueprint to beat Rodgers and he won't adjust.

Reaction score
Most 4th Quarter Comeback Wins, NFL History
1. Tom Brady - 51
2. Peyton Manning - 45
3. Ben Roethlisberger - 44
4. Drew Brees - 38
5. Dan Marino - 36
6. MATTHEW STAFFORD - 35
7. Johnny Unitas - 34 7. John Elway - 34 7. Matt Ryan - 34
10. Montana/Eli - 31
12. Favre/Rivers - 30
I saw this out there today, why is Aaron Rodgers not up here? Does he not deliver, or is he and the Pack always winning?
Partly because every person on that list has already finished their career except Stafford and Rodgers. Secondly GB had had several seasons where the Offense was on fire and ahead by multiple scores in the 4th. I don’t know about you guys, but I prefer a QB who is already leading in the 4th quarter vs having to play miracle worker ;)

What I’d like to see is that list and how many 4th quarter leads each QB had.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers made a terrible decision on the last play on offense vs. the Niners but it's completely ludicrous to want to run him out of town because of it. You will be in for a huge disappointment if you hold his successor to a similar standard.

Oh, it's definitely not based on one play. It's very much based on the last several playoff runs. Now if winning the 4 team race that is the NFCN is your expectation, then I can see why you're ecstatic with Rodgers' performance.

Reaction score
I see nothing in Love that inspires confidence. Draft another QB.
I’m not opposed to that, I’ve said that several time. However I don’t think Love would provide any significant trade value anyway. Keep in mind he was a year early coming into the NFL and needs time. 2020 was like a Redshirt season with zero preseason and zero games played. Most of us forget that Love only played 2 Full college seasons. He’s a full year to 1-1/2 years behind most graduating college seniors. Nearly every scouting report about him declared his rawness and needing extra time to develop. Obviously 2020 NFL was a pile of poo poo pardon my French

If we went that route I’d give Love 1 season, it’s not like drafting a Rookie means he won’t need time also. The worst that happens is we only pay $30m (Rodgers sunk $) for 2-3 QBs and we clear up some serious debt. If he spirals? (no pun) then we’ve got a top 10 selection in 2023, plus likely an acquired late 1st rounder in trade that we can package to get into that top 3-5 overall drafting range. We’d likely have the 2nd pick overall area for a QB in a draft that looks to produce a better QB crop than this coming draft.

Then we’d have 4 more seasons of a rookie contract, but we’d he paying less then <$10m for 2-3 QB’s and most of the Debt is already vanished. Time to start rebuild etc.. but we’d have $$$ and a slew of cheaper Rookie contracts between 2022-2023 drafts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rodgers probably still has some trade value, although his nature and attitude is .... well... it's really hard to like the man. I'd dump him and say good riddance, like his fiancé just did.
If Rodgers cooperated he’d likely bring 3-4 Day 1 and Day 2 selections, plus possibly a good veteran player trade at a heavily discounted Day 3 price.

If he was 42 years old it’d be another story. He’s not out control, just more finicky and irritating at times. Lol

JimWB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers cooperated he’d likely bring 3-4 Day 1 and Day 2 selections, plus possibly a good veteran player trade at a heavily discounted Day 3 price.

If he was 42 years old it’d be another story. He’s not out control, just more finicky and irritating at times. Lol
I'm sure you're right. Rodgers would be a hot commodity for teams that may be one element away from offensive success. However, as a Viking fan, he reminds me a bit of Randy Moss and Cris Carter. Both of them came to believe they were part of the coaching staff. When they left, there weren't many tears shed.

Reaction score
I'm sure you're right. Rodgers would be a hot commodity for teams that may be one element away from offensive success. However, as a Viking fan, he reminds me a bit of Randy Moss and Cris Carter. Both of them came to believe they were part of the coaching staff. When they left, there weren't many tears shed.
Yeah. It doesn’t appeal to me to give them the GM cap. If they don’t like being paid over the top $$ for playing football, tell them to give their $$ back and go apply for a desk job

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having coached a lot of offense in football, I can say that most people don't really see whether or not a pass was bad or not, unless it's thrown completely away from the obvious place it should be.

People complain that Rodgers throws the ball too low. He does that because it's where only his receiver can get it. It's not risky. He throws the back shoulder pass when certain things are obvious in relationship to the receiver and defender. He throws the pass prior to a player making a cut ONLY WHEN HE'S POSITIVE THE PLAYER IS GOING TO MAKE THAT CUT BASED ON HIS ASSIGNED ROUTE. Sometimes players will ad lib, and when they do, they may look open, but the QB believes they'll be somewhere else, after he makes the throw.

The last is why I'm not certain people have it right about Lazard being open. How do any of us know if Lazard was supposed to cut to the middle or not? The fact is, his cutting to the middle might not have been advisable, based on the play call. His route may have been designed for him to actually make an out cut at that juncture, but he saw the middle open, and thought he might be able to get open, before Aaron threw the ball. None of us knows for sure what happened out there, and unless I did, I wouldn't be making it a mission to blame Rodgers for the throw. Chalk it up to them not being on the same page, and let the coaches and players sort it out for future reference.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People complain that Rodgers throws the ball too low. He does that because it's where only his receiver can get it. It's not risky.
But some of the low throws were to wide open receivers.

The last is why I'm not certain people have it right about Lazard being open. How do any of us know if Lazard was supposed to cut to the middle or not?
Rodgers admitted after the game he should have thrown it to Lazard.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But some of the low throws were to wide open receivers.

Rodgers admitted after the game he should have thrown it to Lazard.
Yes. Sometimes throws are low, even if a player is open. If the QB can't set his feet, and insure he can rifle the ball where he wants it, the first priority is to throw it where only your receiver can catch it, not the opponent. In the NFL, the only place that's reality is throwing low. When we want to say it's a mistake on his part, we need to consider there's a real good reason he doesn't throw interceptions. This is the main reason. He doesn't risk throwing the ball into coverage too often. The complete opposite of Favre in that respect.

Yes. He should have thrown it to Lazard. Hindsight is 20/20. He also should have changed out of at least a couple of running plays to quick passes during the course of the game as well. There were other pass receiver options on a lot of plays, beyond that one, where he could have thrown to someone else. That's part of the game, and why they critique each game afterwards. To insure that the QB makes the best decision on every play.

Let's revisit that pass to Adams, not Lazard. Had that pass been complete, and the Packers scored, and won the game, wouldn't we be talking about how Rodgers was the greatest damned QB of all time, having made that terrific pass because he trusted Adams to work with him? After all, Adams may well be the best receiver in the NFL, and Rodgers trusts him.

on the other hand, there's Lazard. Fairly good receiver, but he has a history of dropping the ball at a lot of very inopportune times. If I do throw it to him, will he even catch it? The game could be on the line.

You choose to make what you think is the best choice. Rodgers had no guarantee Lazard would even run that route to the middle since he wasn't primary. I'd bet that's happened before.

Just saying there's a lot more to all of this than just saying he throws the ball too low, and make a bad choice that cost us the game in theory. I still see that blocked kick, and other mistakes that loom much larger than to pin this loss on Rodgers because people are peeved at him.

Just my opinion. It doesn't mean you're wrong, because you're not. You see it from one perspective, and I see it from the coaching perspective as to how I can help make the situation better the next time something similar happens.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Sometimes throws are low, even if a player is open. If the QB can't set his feet, and insure he can rifle the ball where he wants it, the first priority is to throw it where only your receiver can catch it, not the opponent. In the NFL, the only place that's reality is throwing low. When we want to say it's a mistake on his part, we need to consider there's a real good reason he doesn't throw interceptions. This is the main reason. He doesn't risk throwing the ball into coverage too often. The complete opposite of Favre in that respect.

Yes. He should have thrown it to Lazard. Hindsight is 20/20. He also should have changed out of at least a couple of running plays to quick passes during the course of the game as well. There were other pass receiver options on a lot of plays, beyond that one, where he could have thrown to someone else. That's part of the game, and why they critique each game afterwards. To insure that the QB makes the best decision on every play.

Let's revisit that pass to Adams, not Lazard. Had that pass been complete, and the Packers scored, and won the game, wouldn't we be talking about how Rodgers was the greatest damned QB of all time, having made that terrific pass because he trusted Adams to work with him? After all, Adams may well be the best receiver in the NFL, and Rodgers trusts him.

on the other hand, there's Lazard. Fairly good receiver, but he has a history of dropping the ball at a lot of very inopportune times. If I do throw it to him, will he even catch it? The game could be on the line.

You choose to make what you think is the best choice. Rodgers had no guarantee Lazard would even run that route to the middle since he wasn't primary. I'd bet that's happened before.

Just saying there's a lot more to all of this than just saying he throws the ball too low, and make a bad choice that cost us the game in theory. I still see that blocked kick, and other mistakes that loom much larger than to pin this loss on Rodgers because people are peeved at him.

Just my opinion. It doesn't mean you're wrong, because you're not. You see it from one perspective, and I see it from the coaching perspective as to how I can help make the situation better the next time something similar happens.
it was probably the most questionable pass in the game, but then every devloping play they tried running he was running or sacked by that point in the game. it was a passing down for them, he expected pressure. Throwing to lazard would also include holding the ball, as he had not cleared any underneath defenders in that zone in front of him by the time the ball was being thrown. It also supposes that the 2nd defender moving with Adams and see's Rodgers already in throwing motion to him doesn't read it differently if he's holding it and Lazard is coming into an area I expect he was supposed to come down and defend as well.

Everything looks like it's going to be so open for Lazard, because he's not yet open, and Rodgers is already clearly throwing to someone else. If he's not, I imagine the defenders are not all in the same positions either. But it's easier to suppose they are.

anyway, every big time QB goes to their Big time play maker in crunch time.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was probably the most questionable pass in the game, but then every devloping play they tried running he was running or sacked by that point in the game. it was a passing down for them, he expected pressure. Throwing to lazard would also include holding the ball, as he had not cleared any underneath defenders in that zone in front of him by the time the ball was being thrown. It also supposes that the 2nd defender moving with Adams and see's Rodgers already in throwing motion to him doesn't read it differently if he's holding it and Lazard is coming into an area I expect he was supposed to come down and defend as well.

Everything looks like it's going to be so open for Lazard, because he's not yet open, and Rodgers is already clearly throwing to someone else. If he's not, I imagine the defenders are not all in the same positions either. But it's easier to suppose they are.

anyway, every big time QB goes to their Big time play maker in crunch time.
Exactly! People need to understand the entire dynamics of a play. And yes, the under cover on Adams would have been dropping down if he saw Rodgers adjust to throw to the middle. Had he done that, and Lazard was a late arrival, or never showed, it could have well ended up an easy pick. We'll never know for sure, but we need to see all aspects of the play.

Well stated Mondio!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers probably still has some trade value, although his nature and attitude is .... well... it's really hard to like the man. I'd dump him and say good riddance, like his fiancé just did.
If you are a Vikings fan I can imagine you would be all over the Packers dumping Rodgers. And who is to say it was the lady who decided to part ways?

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let Rodgers go. In my opinion he lies. The I am immune thing about covid finished him in my eyes. I want players who are honest as well as being good players. he can play but I am not a fan of liars.

Reaction score
Let Rodgers go. In my opinion he lies. The I am immune thing about covid finished him in my eyes. I want players who are honest as well as being good players. he can play but I am not a fan of liars.
I love Liars! Just realized I think it’s why I keep watching
Birds of a feather thingy :whistling:
Did I mention that I’m double immunized? :ninja:

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see nothing in Love that inspires confidence. Draft another QB.
& how many said something similar about Rodgers?

I saw Rodgers play back in 2008 against Colts & he was beyond raw, & yes we won that game but boy the atmosphere in & around Lambeau/ Green Bay was down.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most
& how many said something similar about Rodgers?wn anything like that

I saw Rodgers play back in 2008 against Colts & he was beyond raw, & yes we won that game but boy the atmosphere in & around Lambeau/ Green Bay was down.
Most Packer fans seem to look at the dallas game where Rodgers came in for an injured Favre ( who was not having a good day by the way) and almost brought the Packers back to win. I think that showed a lot of people early on there was something there. As opposed to Love who, IMO, hasn't shown anything of the sort. Yes it is early and he hasn't played much but neither had Rodgers.

The biggest thing many people forget when comparing Rodgers and Love is that Rodgers was in the conversation for the #1 overall pick whereas Love was considered a project by pretty much everybody. I would hope Rodgers would have shown more in his first few outings than Love.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before Rodgers ever played a game, a friend of mine, a huge Cal bears fan, wondered if ARod had enough arm. I told him that what I had seen in pre-season looked to me like he had plenty of arm. With Love, it is hard to know. But I sure hope he works on his rolling left and throwing. That is something Rodgers has done better than anyone else his whole career. The KC QB can do it too. I guess I am trying to say that the arm is the most important thing. All the other stuff can change with time and practice.

Reaction score
Most

Most Packer fans seem to look at the dallas game where Rodgers came in for an injured Favre ( who was not having a good day by the way) and almost brought the Packers back to win. I think that showed a lot of people early on there was something there. As opposed to Love who, IMO, hasn't shown anything of the sort. Yes it is early and he hasn't played much but neither had Rodgers.

The biggest thing many people forget when comparing Rodgers and Love is that Rodgers was in the conversation for the #1 overall pick whereas Love was considered a project by pretty much everybody. I would hope Rodgers would have shown more in his first few outings than Love.
Yes. To add to that in 2007 was Rodgers 3rd season. He had 3 FULL offseason (12 preseason contests)
VS
Love was in his 2nd season (Covid Rookie year) comparatively 1 FULL offseasons (3 preseason contests).

Take a look at Rodgers 1st 2 seasons and it’s very uninspiring. I don’t think anyone cared because we had #4, yet had we judged him purely on his 1st 2 seasons he would’ve failed the course. Luckily the Packers didn’t send him packing because of our fanbase uneasiness.

That’s our HOF QB. So if a HOF, later 4 time MVP starts slow, then we shouldn’t assume a raw project (2.5 season college QB) would come in guns blazing over #12. I’ve said it before. It’s immaterial of Loves future success level, it’s way to early ti make career prognostications or trade values. All we know is his cost of a #24 selection (I still think he’d value inside day 2) The long term success ratio at #24 overall being an impact at ANY position is highly likely under <50%. Yet some are acting like Love should already be there? It shows me that People are increasingly impatient in todays environment.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he stays. If he don't, I hope Love does well. If he don't, I hope they find one who can do the job as quickly as possible.

I want the Packers to be a contender, but not pin their hopes on someone who might not want to be there, someone who can't do the job, or someone they grab in a panic, and starts us on a slide.

Time for the Packer brain trust to make it happen.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts