Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always believed people should be careful what they ask for.
A lot of people can’t see beyond his bad game stats (and others his bad game stats combined with his not-so-likeable personality at times), with no regard for any intangibles that he brings to the game. Unless the FO really ups its game in a hurry, I think when AR hangs it up, fans aren’t going to know what hit them.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think when AR hangs it up, fans aren’t going to know what hit them.
You are right on the head...and the transition from Favre to Rodgers isn't a good comparison because, if Rodgers had any defensive support in 2008, that "transition" wouldn't have been so ugly. My 32 year old son won't even LISTEN to my QB nightmare stories anymore from the 70's and 80's - I'm purposely excluding the Lynn Di(key years because the Pack could have competed if they were ever able to field a real defense.

When Voyageur wrote: "I've always believed people should be careful what they ask for." He isn't kidding. There is no NFL QB1 tree to just harvest another Hall of Famer - and there are even fewer coaches with the talent to turn a project into an MVP (read: Favre and Rodgers). Make no mistake - the Holmgrens and McCarthys are few and far between - and then, the student eventually outgrows their britches, much like fans do.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the choice was just between AR staying and leaving, maybe some of us would be more inclined to hope he's the QB. However, we know the choice is between him this year, maybe next year, and somebody else playing the position. Since this year is shot and the plethora of problems probably won't be gone next year, getting an idea of how Love would function is something that, at an absolute minimum would make the rest of this season interesting.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always believed people should be careful what they ask for.
Yeah it's better to have Rodgers finish in GB, I think. Their problems are not at QB but more coaching and organizational. It's not an original thought that I think Barry was a mistake at DC. Hire someone else and let that person bring in their staff. Replace Savage with....... anybody.

As far as the offense, also kind of obvious that they need, at minimum, a veteran receiver which would require a trade or FA and probably not fit under the cap unless they cut some people.

No easy answers but trading Rodgers probably isn't one.

Anticipating a lousy record, they might be able to put some picks together and get in the top 5 and grab a QB, anticipating Rodgers calls it quits after the 2023 or 2024 seasons. This draft is strong on QBs and I expect three will go in the first five.

I'm grasping at straws here. We weren't supposed to be having these conversations this time of year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Believe it or not he is the 2nd string

We had a 10000000 page thread on him that got locked because people couldn't be civil

And this is a Feb thread
Love might not be here when Rodgers finally leaves. And you're right, the issue of Love is burned out. And I don't think anyone thought we would be having this conversation back at the start of the season anyway. It's not about Love.

Just no easy answers. But before we can really start to talk about a competitive post-Rodgers team, there are gonna be some tough years due to the dead cap being worked off, and not just from Rodgers. We'll need to find part-time jobs cause the forums will get pretty boring.......

But I expect Rodgers will play in 2023 and 2024. It's a lot of money for him.

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe if he wants to leave, we should let him. If he wants to stay, let him stay. He's been with us for his whole career. We were fortunate to have Favre and Rodgers back-to-back. We got two Superbowl's with them. I've seen packer fans hate Rodgers/Favre and others love him. We can argue all day and night over should/could of the last couple of years. Yet there are other franchises who would probably give their next 5 1st round picks to say they have 2 Superbowl's like we do with both of them. I don't think Love is the answer, but he should start against the Eagles or at least first game after.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

And I`m not sure Love is the answer either but until he gets more game time we`ll never know will we ?

I think this season is done personally, and I don`t WANT to be a negative nancy here or what ever you call it, but those are the cold hearted probabilities, so what harm would it do to give Love a go ?
The fact was Rodgers was hated when he took over from Favre, but proved everybody wrong.

Tarzan2490

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I`m not sure Love is the answer either but until he gets more game time we`ll never know will we ?

I think this season is done personally, and I don`t WANT to be a negative nancy here or what ever you call it, but those are the cold hearted probabilities, so what harm would it do to give Love a go ?
The fact was Rodgers was hated when he took over from Favre, but proved everybody wrong.

I agree with you! I think we give Love the nod and let Dillon have a way bigger share. If they let Jones walk or move him. I don't know how everyone feels about Dillon. I'm not sure he's the best back to lead the backfield if Jones leaves.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with you! I think we give Love the nod and let Dillon have a way bigger share. If they let Jones walk or move him. I don't know how everyone feels about Dillon. I'm not sure he's the best back to lead the backfield if Jones leaves.
At this point I might want Jones than aaron to be honest

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. You keep him. He is who he is.

Green Bay needs to stop playing both sides of the fence.

Trade Love and recoup picks.

I would also consider trading Jaire Alexander.

He is a great talent.

However, Jaire is also an asset.

Easier to find another elite CB than QB.

Also, I would rather have a HOF QB that is not always popular than an average one that everyone loves.

Its about Wins and Losses, Green Bay has been hedging their bets and losing.

Also, a new DC is needed and maybe some new minds on offense would help.

Last, MLF needs to do some self correcting. His playcalling has grown stale.

D

Deleted member 6794

Since this year is shot and the plethora of problems probably won't be gone next year, getting an idea of how Love would function is something that, at an absolute minimum would make the rest of this season interesting.

As mentioned in another thread I truly believe the Packers are only several moves away from being a contender next season if Rodgers stays around.

I see it as ripping off a bandaid. It hurts less if you do it quickly. And yes.....I`m no longer a fan of his at all.

That comes as a huge surprise :roflmao:

Replace Savage with....... anybody.

Fans need to accept that Savage will be around for next season with him making a guaranteed $8 million.

As far as the offense, also kind of obvious that they need, at minimum, a veteran receiver which would require a trade or FA and probably not fit under the cap unless they cut some people.

The Packers can restructure some deals to be able to make a move for a veteran wide receiver in free agency.

Just no easy answers. But before we can really start to talk about a competitive post-Rodgers team, there are gonna be some tough years due to the dead cap being worked off, and not just from Rodgers.

On the other hand, if the Packers move on from Rodgers after this season they can get out of troubles with the cap in a single season.

I don't consider Dillon a legit #1 running back.

I don't think there's any team out there interested in giving up anything substantial in a trade for Love.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread I truly believe the Packers are only several moves away from being a contender next season if Rodgers stays around.

Fans need to accept that Savage will be around for next season with him making a guaranteed $8 million.

The Packers can restructure some deals to be able to make a move for a veteran wide receiver in free agency.

On the other hand, if the Packers move on from Rodgers after this season they can get out of troubles with the cap in a single season.

I don't think there's any team out there interested in giving up anything substantial in a trade for Love.
How can we use Savage next season? Continue to try him in the slot? Could HE be a punt or kick returner?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thanks Capt ;):laugh:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. You keep him. He is who he is.

Green Bay needs to stop playing both sides of the fence.

I would also consider trading Jaire Alexander.

He is a great talent.

However, Jaire is also an asset.

Easier to find another elite CB than QB.

Also, I would rather have a HOF QB that is not always popular than an average one that everyone loves.

Its about Wins and Losses, Green Bay has been hedging their bets and losing.

Also, a new DC is needed and maybe some new minds on offense would help.

Last, MLF needs to do some self correcting. His playcalling has grown stale.
You're correct on all points, IMO. I don't think Love has any trade value, but they could try. I would be in favor of getting into the top 5 in the draft to take a QB in a QB-rich draft. They should end up in the top 10 anyway. Alexander has trade value for sure, but he's been used improperly by Barry all year. There's no reason that with some changes, they can't make a run next year.

Maybe the biggest hurdle is MLF. His play calling is predictable and he seems to have lost the team. He looks lost on the sidelines. He has to grow up a little, or grow into the job. The first three seasons were easy. That happens when the QB is MVP twice. That's unusual and MLF probably has one season to fix this. Joe Barry is done.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar to my being more disappointed in the defense this year than the offense I am now officially more disappointed in Rodgers than I am the WRs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Similar to my being more disappointed in the defense this year than the offense I am now officially more disappointed in Rodgers than I am the WRs.
Yeah it's easy to see why. He missed an open Alan Lazard in the last playoff game against the Niners, and the trend has continued. It's very strange for Rodgers, who seems to know what's going on out in the field of play. He knows where not to throw the ball, he doesn't throw a lot of INTs. So I would think he'd see an open receiver. Now if he has a DE(s) breathing on his neck, well that changes the math.

But anyway, back to your point. I've been equally disappointed with Rodgers and the receivers this year. The problem is that I don't see a lot of reasons why such a talented team on paper is performing so dismally. Yeah they need a real DC, and maybe with it an overhaul of position coaches. It's still a strange year, and disappointing.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts