Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. To add to that in 2007 was Rodgers 3rd season. He had 3 FULL offseason (12 preseason contests)
VS
Love was in his 2nd season (Covid Rookie year) comparatively 1 FULL offseasons (3 preseason contests).

Take a look at Rodgers 1st 2 seasons and it’s very uninspiring. I don’t think anyone cared because we had #4, yet had we judged him purely on his 1st 2 seasons he would’ve failed the course. Luckily the Packers didn’t send him packing because of our fanbase uneasiness.

That’s our HOF QB. So if a HOF, later 4 time MVP starts slow, then we shouldn’t assume a raw project (2.5 season college QB) would come in guns blazing over #12. I’ve said it before. It’s immaterial of Loves future success level, it’s way to early ti make career prognostications or trade values. All we know is his cost of a #24 selection (I still think he’d value inside day 2) The long term success ratio at #24 overall being an impact at ANY position is highly likely under <50%. Yet some are acting like Love should already be there? It shows me that People are increasingly impatient in todays environment.
My recollection of the early Rodgers years is not so great (heck, my recollection of early this morning is not so great) I assume the Dallas game was in 2007? Also, what was his position on the depth chart in his first two years? was he Favre's backup in his first two seasons, I don't remember. Honestly my first memory of him other than him being drafted of course was in that dallas game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From watching this reality check, I won't feel disappointed if he goes and not real excited if he stays.
I have zero faith in him from this reminder.
A-Rod has had a decade of chances to re-prove himself and he blows it.
Of course it is not ALL on him but still, the offense sucked (Fill in the obscene blank here) in the second half where they did not score a point against the 9ers.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problems with #12 are ongoing. I don't like the misdirection about his vaccine status. I don't care if he is or isn't vaccinated that is his choice but be honest about it. He can be very arrogant & it is his way or highway. He nearly threw his toys out of the pram when MLF was appointed head coach. He only seem to trust a few players on offence so defences have it easier than if he passed to all eligible receivers. Also his I might not come back if you don't agree with this this & this. Shades of Favre there.

The choice is up to MM & others in the front office to decide if we afford his contract & if we can how to make enough cap room to pay new players we draft.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only time & games will tell with Love. we were lucky that ARod is as good as he is. how many teams have had back to back HoF QB's?
Just two SB wins with those back to back HOF QBs is not really a lot to show IMO.
Both of these guys had years, decades even between them, to prove themselves better than they are and they did not.
The one and only time the Pack had a SB win repeat was way back in the 60's. More than 50 years ago. And that was with just one QB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problems with #12 are ongoing. I don't like the misdirection about his vaccine status. I don't care if he is or isn't vaccinated that is his choice but be honest about it. He can be very arrogant & it is his way or highway. He nearly threw his toys out of the pram when MLF was appointed head coach. He only seem to trust a few players on offence so defences have it easier than if he passed to all eligible receivers. Also his I might not come back if you don't agree with this this & this. Shades of Favre there.

The choice is up to MM & others in the front office to decide if we afford his contract & if we can how to make enough cap room to pay new players we draft.
There was a time when he seemed humble to me to the point where I was not sure if he really wanted to be an NFL QB.

Now he does come across more like an arrogant prima donna.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I hope he stays. If he don't, I hope Love does well. If he don't, I hope they find one who can do the job as quickly as possible.

I want the Packers to be a contender, but not pin their hopes on someone who might not want to be there, someone who can't do the job, or someone they grab in a panic, and starts us on a slide.

Time for the Packer brain trust to make it happen.

I don`t think Love was a panic buy, Rodgers threw his rattle out of the crib after they recruited him. I`m certainly not saying he will definately be our saviour but at least give him a chance !
Maybe with the new QB coach coming in, that might be the key we need.
I`m no football expert, far from it but we HAVE to give him a chance to improve with experience.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don`t think Love was a panic buy, Rodgers threw his rattle out of the crib after they recruited him. I`m certainly not saying he will definately be our saviour but at least give him a chance !
I`m no football expert, far from it but we HAVE to give him a chance to improve with experience.
that - or another Vince Young type. time to give jack grealish an opportunity as well. LOL

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@ScottKacsmar
Most 4th Quarter Comeback Wins, NFL History
1. Tom Brady - 51
2. Peyton Manning - 45
3. Ben Roethlisberger - 44
4. Drew Brees - 38
5. Dan Marino - 36
6. MATTHEW STAFFORD - 35
7. Johnny Unitas - 34 7. John Elway - 34 7. Matt Ryan - 34
10. Montana/Eli - 31
12. Favre/Rivers - 30
12:08 AM · Feb 14, 2022

I saw this out there today, why is Aaron Rodgers not up here? Does he not deliver, or is he and the Pack always winning?
I wonder if there is a stat for most 4th quarter drives to take the lead in a game. I am pretty confident Rodgers would be pretty high on that list.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, that is what he did alright!

Yeah, first Rodgers appearance was stepping in for Brett when he got hurt in a game against Dallas.
How did Aaron do?
Lost the game.
And yet fans give him a break on that but not Love in his first appearance where he also lost his first game for us.

I think we are expecting too much after being so spoiled after having two HOF QBs in a row.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, first Rodgers appearance was stepping in for Brett when he got hurt in a game against Dallas.
How did Aaron do?
Lost the game.
And yet fans give him a break on that but not Love in his first appearance where he also lost his first game for us.

I think we are expecting too much after being so spoiled after having two HOF QBs in a row.
Losing a game and looking pretty good while doing it is different than losing a game and looking like crap.

Of course there are those who would say a loss is a loss and a QB going 25/30 with 350 yards and 5 TDs is no better than one going 10/30 for 50 yards and 3 INTs if the team lost.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing a game and looking pretty good while doing it is different than losing a game and looking like crap.

Of course there are those who would say a loss is a loss and a QB going 25/30 with 350 yards and 5 TDs is no better than one going 10/30 for 50 yards and 3 INTs if the team lost.
There are some QBs who are naturals at it and talented and others where it takes longer to develop.
I don't think we have seen enough of Love to know and keep in mind that he played against one of the best teams in the league, KC, for his start.
We just may have to have some patience for whomever replaces Rodgers as he develops.
Sure, I would love it if we had an awesome QB right away but that may not be the case.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over the course of an NFL QB career, the best will win somewhere between 55-65% of their games, I'd guess. If that's the case, they have the chance of looking like garbage out there anywhere from roughly 35-45% of the time. I'd hardly use their bad games as the criteria to judge their career. I'd take the whole perspective of all games they play instead of cherry picking.

But, that's just my opinion.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are some QBs who are naturals at it and talented and others where it takes longer to develop.
I don't think we have seen enough of Love to know and keep in mind that he played against one of the best teams in the league, KC, for his start.
We just may have to have some patience for whomever replaces Rodgers as he develops.
Sure, I would love it if we had an awesome QB right away but that may not be the case.

You seemed to be saying it wasn't fair for fans to give Rodgers high marks for his debut while downgrading Love for his since both lost their respective games. I was merely pointing out that at least Rodgers showed something in his debut while love IMO, did not and that is why some fans treat them differently.

I agree that it is too early to have any real sense of what Love will develop into but if Rodgers does come back for another 2 or 3 years and that means we move on from Love without him getting a real chance to show what he can do, given what I have seen, I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You seemed to be saying it wasn't fair for fans to give Rodgers high marks for his debut while downgrading Love for his since both lost their respective games. I was merely pointing out that at least Rodgers showed something in his debut while love IMO, did not and that is why some fans treat them differently.

I agree that it is too early to have any real sense of what Love will develop into but if Rodgers does come back for another 2 or 3 years and that means we move on from Love without him getting a real chance to show what he can do, given what I have seen, I am not going to lose any sleep over it.
I dig love.

All we need is love.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How did Aaron do?
Lost the game.

That Dallas game (where my avatar is from) was not Rodgers' first appearance stepping in for Brett. His first appearance was in 2005 against Seattle. He did not attempt a pass in that game. Against Baltimore that year he saw more extended plays and ended up with a 36.8 rating and a Packers' blowout loss. Brett was pretty bad in that MNF game and Aaron went in late in the 3rd and looked very much like the rookie that he was.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Dallas game (where my avatar is from) was not Rodgers' first appearance stepping in for Brett. His first appearance was in 2005 against Seattle. He did not attempt a pass in that game. Against Baltimore that year he saw more extended plays and ended up with a 36.8 rating and a Packers' blowout loss. Brett was pretty bad in that MNF game and Aaron went in late in the 3rd and looked very much like the rookie that he was.
Is this suggesting or agreeing that Aaron was not as awesome as we thought or remember him for?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this suggesting or agreeing that Aaron was not as awesome as we thought or remember him for?
No, I'm pointing out that Rodgers was not near ready to start until his 3rd season. Love's rookie season was a waste because of COVID ans sitting behind Doyle so right now he is basically going into his 2nd year. He could still be good but with everything MLF and Gute have said publicly along with restructuring a these contracts suggests they don't feel Love is ready yet either.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm pointing out that Rodgers was not near ready to start until his 3rd season. Love's rookie season was a waste because of COVID ans sitting behind Doyle so right now he is basically going into his 2nd year. He could still be good but with everything MLF and Gute have said publicly along with restructuring a these contracts suggests they don't feel Love is ready yet either.
I believe Pugger is right. Rodgers needed two years learning the system. That's really true of all QBs. People can say; "What about .......?" but that doesn't address the issue. Almost all of them could be better when they have time to learn before playing. I don't think he'd have been nearly as successful, may have even been a lost cause, had he been handed the job year one.

EDIT: I BELIEVE THE SAME IS TRUE OF LOVE. HE NEEDS AT LEAST THIS COMING YEAR TO BECOME BETTER VERSED IN THE PACKER OFFENSE, AND TO LEARN HOW TO LET THE GAME COME TO HIM.

Of course this is subjective. We all have our opinions.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Pugger is right. Rodgers needed two years learning the system. That's really true of all QBs. People can say; "What about .......?" but that doesn't address the issue. Almost all of them could be better when they have time to learn before playing. I don't think he'd have been nearly as successful, may have even been a lost cause, had he been handed the job year one.

EDIT: I BELIEVE THE SAME IS TRUE OF LOVE. HE NEEDS AT LEAST THIS COMING YEAR TO BECOME BETTER VERSED IN THE PACKER OFFENSE, AND TO LEARN HOW TO LET THE GAME COME TO HIM.

Of course this is subjective. We all have our opinions.
Well, although I have stated this many times, it sucks to see it here. How is anyone going to dump on you and keep it going? On the other hand, from what I've seen, somebody will find a way. :)

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, although I have stated this many times, it sucks to see it here. How is anyone going to dump on you and keep it going? On the other hand, from what I've seen, somebody will find a way. :)
I've found over the years that there's no way you can convince some people of anything different than what they have chosen to want to believe. So, we end up with opinions.

My Dad told me something when I was a kid. "With some people, don't even bother trying to convince them of anything with facts, their minds are already made up."

He was right, as I found out, over the years.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he not also step in for Brett in that embarrassing blow out loss to the Patriots at home in 2006 when Favre went down? And proceeded to break a bone in his foot?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did he not also step in for Brett in that embarrassing blow out loss to the Patriots at home in 2006 when Favre went down? And proceeded to break a bone in his foot?
Yes, I remember that one too. So I'm thinking Love will need at least one more year before he is ready. It will be interesting to see what Clements can do with him...

Members online

Latest posts