Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i've been on the move-on wagon for 3 years as you know. nothing's changed. his cap hit and attitude being the reasons. 2020 Rodgers gave us a hint of how good it could be. the toe injury put him back in that 2020 mode but as his toe healed the further he drifted back into his 2019 mode which peaked in that SF game.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it`s unpopular to say but he`s had his time. He lost me when he even thought of moving on. I don`t think he`ll have any success with any other team, even if people think so. I`m tired of people making excuses for HIS shortcomings by blaming everybody around him. The moment he showed he didn`t want to be here anymore, that was it for me. I want players here who WANT to be here.
Is that a smoke screen for his man bun? Ms. Woodley would like to know. She told me she likes to order everyone around...even disgruntled englishmen.:cool::whistling:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is that a smoke screen for his man bun? Ms. Woodley would like to know. She told me she likes to order everyone around...even disgruntled englishmen.:cool::whistling:
Man bun ? you mean t w a t knot. Unless you are a viking or a moari you have no RIGHT to wear one under the laws of nature itself...lol I suppose you`ve got one ??

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want a QB who can inspire those around him and that embodies what the history of our great franchise is all about. Bart Starr did that and I so miss those type guys. If Aaron Rodgers could grow into that man? (We all can) Then I’m his #1 fan
He's 38. He is who he is. If he hasn't had a change of heart yet, it's very unlikely he will. In fact, if anything he has become even more arrogant the last few years.

I'm done with him, and have been for quite a while. This last post-season catastrophe is just the period at the end of the sentence. Get whatever draft picks we can and move on.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 38. He is who he is. If he hasn't had a change of heart yet, it's very unlikely he will. In fact, if anything he has become even more arrogant the last few years.

I'm done with him, and have been for quite a while. This last post-season catastrophe is just the period at the end of the sentence. Get whatever draft picks we can and move on.
Do you think they can do it with Love or should they even consider drafting another QB?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man bun ? you mean t w a t knot. Unless you are a viking or a moari you have no RIGHT to wear one under the laws of nature itself...lol I suppose you`ve got one ??
well I am viking...partially...i havent heard of that simile b4...one upped me...and no, no bun, unless u count english muffins...:eek::mad::D

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers never was a great looking guy but his hair bun and messy appearance didn’t help this year either. I think it’s time to move on from Him. Yes he’s a great quarterback at times but continually chokes in the playoffs. That is not the definition of a GREAT quarterback and “a BAD man”. Quoting someone’s opinion! Think we need to bring in a veteran quarterback because Love isn’t ready or maybe even able to take over the reins!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers never was a great looking guy but his hair bun and messy appearance didn’t help this year either. I think it’s time to move on from Him. Yes he’s a great quarterback at times but continually chokes in the playoffs. That is not the definition of a GREAT quarterback and “a BAD man”. Quoting someone’s opinion! Think we need to bring in a veteran quarterback because Love isn’t ready or maybe even able to take over the reins!
He definitely needs a haircut and a shave. I know he is from northern California but Haite Ashbury days are over.

Reaction score
Can you give an example or two of what things he has done that you don't like as a person?
Did he smear wet paint on a park bench, walk through some wet cement, kick a dog and then not pay fines on overdue library books?
He started by alienating his family. He also made several players around him feel unworthy.
While I could care less about his vaccine status. He 100% purposefully deceived the media and his fans. It’s another example that confirms a pattern of poor leadership.
He might be the greatest athlete to ever play the game. But nowhere Near that as a leader. The QB is supposed to be the leader of the team and he scores lower there imo.

You asked. I’m just giving an honest assessment. I used to vehemently defend him, until I saw the pattern emerge. We all asked many seasons ago who the common denominator was? We blamed everyone but the one who deserved it. Myself included. He’s very craft at deflecting blame. In this life, I have found that Time has a funny way of self surfacing the truth. Deceit only works for so long.

All that rambling said. I’m actually his #1 fan if he can shed that deceit and become the example he has been gifted to become. I’m not like many, I don’t give him a pass because he’s a great athlete, actually I hold him to higher expectations. You may incorrectly perceive that as hatred (on the surface it looks that way) I see it as love for my brother

Last edited:

WNY PackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see that Kyler Murray seems to be unhappy in Arizona.

A trade of Murray for Rodgers? Which team would have to add players/picks in making such a trade happen?

Reaction score

I used to believe that also. But I’m a living example of a person changing their zebra stripes. But I understand your frustration and I am not opposed. I think ultimately it’s really Aaron’s decision because he has to say yes to whatever offer.
I don’t think it will be insulting in general.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He started by alienating his family. He also made several players around him feel unworthy.
While I could care less about his vaccine status. He 100% purposefully deceived the media and his fans. It’s another example that confirms a pattern of poor leadership.
He might be the greatest athlete to ever play the game. But nowhere Near that as a leader. The QB is supposed to be the leader of the team and he scores lower there imo.

You asked. I’m just giving an honest assessment. I used to vehemently defend him, until I saw the pattern emerge. We all asked many seasons ago who the common denominator was? We blamed everyone but the one who deserved it. Myself included. He’s very craft at deflecting blame. In this life, I have found that Time has a funny way of self surfacing the truth. Deceit only works for so long.

All that rambling said. I’m actually his #1 fan if he can shed that deceit and become the example he has been gifted to become. I’m not like many, I don’t give him a pass because he’s a great athlete, actually I hold him to higher expectations. You may incorrectly perceive that as hatred (on the surface it looks that way) I see it as love for my brother
I just believe the frustration of Aaron by playing his entire career and never getting to the SB except for 2010 has eaten away at him. That happens to a lot of people who are talented in a field yet seem to be on the losing side in his or her venture. But there have been many an athlete that is in some sport HOF who never won a championship. But you have to battle through it and still maintain some thankful character. Fran Tarkenton never won a SB yet got there 3 times. The great Willie Mays only won one World Series in his career. Ernie Banks never even saw one. Barry Sanders never came close. Think of those players who competed against the old dynasties; The Boston Celtics of the 50s and 60s, the Yankees of the 50's and 60's. And think of the players whose teams were always stopped by Lombardi's Packers. It hurts. But it is what it is. Life goes on.

Reaction score
I just believe the frustration of Aaron by playing his entire career and never getting to the SB except for 2010 has eaten away at him. That happens to a lot of people who are talented in a field yet seem to be on the losing side in his or her venture. But there have been many an athlete that is in some sport HOF who never won a championship. But you have to battle through it and still maintain some thankful character. Fran Tarkenton never won a SB yet got there 3 times. The great Willie Mays only won one World Series in his career. Ernie Banks never even saw one. Barry Sanders never came close. Think of those players who competed against the old dynasties; The Boston Celtics of the 50s and 60s, the Yankees of the 50's and 60's. And think of the players whose teams were always stopped by Lombardi's Packers. It hurts. But it is what it is. Life goes on.
True. The Bills QB Kelly also comes to mind. The thing is Aaron Rodgers has all the tools to win at a high level. I don’t know why he hasn’t achieved more Lombardi’s I can only guess or make excuses like the rest.
Thus will never happen, but in a dream if #12 approached this FO and apologized for his part (maybe he has) and gave his commitment by signing a 4-5 year rework at around 30mil per (but highly guaranteed). That could set an example of his commitment and could even retain other key players.
I believe #12 still has an above average chance of winning a SB in GB. Oddly, Sometimes I think the $ can get in the way of the dream.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You are right that I did ask.
Not to argue.
Because I was curious to get your take on what you brought up.
So I appreciate the reply.

As for myself, I just dunno.
I don't feel like I have seen enough of D-bag behavior from him to make that judgement.
Though I think he does seem to be the type that you have to watch your words carefully around him.

Though I am starting to agree that perhaps the team or offense loses/sucks when it comes to the playoffs because A-Rod is not being that good enough of a leader.
That and his tunnel vision instead of throwing to another open receiver as footage shows.

Weren't there a bunch of reg. season games where the offense did great in the first half but hardly or didn't score at all in the second but still managed to win games?

Something has to change and if that means a new QB then that is what it means.
It is out of our hands and up to those who know football better than all of us on here put together as well as A-Rod himself.
If he leaves I would just hope that it would be for the best for all involved.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. The Bills QB Kelly also comes to mind. The thing is Aaron Rodgers has all the tools to win at a high level. I don’t know why he hasn’t achieved more Lombardi’s I can only guess or make excuses like the rest.
Thus will never happen, but in a dream if #12 approached this FO and apologized for his part (maybe he has) and gave his commitment by signing a 4-5 year rework at around 30mil per (but highly guaranteed). That could set an example of his commitment and could even retain other key players.
I believe #12 still has an above average chance of winning a SB in GB. Oddly, Sometimes I think the $ can get in the way of the dream.
I find it hard to let go of the best chance we have right now even though he has not produced the desired results in years.

It is a repeat of Favre in so many ways.
Only one SB win.
Has a great season.
Gets to playoffs in Lambeau to lose.

I have finally learned to watch PO games by recording them and then watching only if we win.
That way it won't be such a let down when we lose.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it has eaten away at him so much he surely must see his own contribution to that failure.
Though I am starting to agree that perhaps the team or offense loses/sucks when it comes to the playoffs because A-Rod is not being that good enough of a leader.
That and his tunnel vision instead of throwing to another open receiver as footage shows.

I know the QB is the leader of the team but prior to this past game how much did anyone else step up their game and lead on offense or defense. I mean the defense played great in the Seattle loss until the last 5 minutes. Some of those other games the defense gave up a lot of points. I'm not going to go back and look but in some of those games were very close. Someone else could have stepped up and been a leader but no one else did. I'm not letting Rodgers off the hook I'm just saying he is not all to blame. The problem is QBs get too much blame when the team loses and too much credit when they win.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The footage doesn't show. People are using a wide open Deguara on a 3rd and 8 on a 2 yard drag route as the 4th receiving option in which pressure is getting to Rodgers as other WR's are making their breaks and people are acting like he should have hit the 2 yard pass play first. It shows complete lack of understanding of the game, progressions, strategies etc. They sit in their chairs and see a still photo and say "see".

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The footage doesn't show. People are using a wide open Deguara on a 3rd and 8 on a 2 yard drag route as the 4th receiving option in which pressure is getting to Rodgers as other WR's are making their breaks and people are acting like he should have hit the 2 yard pass play first. It shows complete lack of understanding of the game, progressions, strategies etc. They sit in their chairs and see a still photo and say "see".
Fair enough that we don't see what the QB sees but did he really have to target Adams even when he was covered and others were open?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see that Kyler Murray seems to be unhappy in Arizona.

A trade of Murray for Rodgers? Which team would have to add players/picks in making such a trade happen?
Interesting scenario!! I would almost think it a straight up deal? Murray is 24 years old and has shown he can play in the NFL. AR is 38 & has approximately 1-4 more years left. I think Murray would jump to MLB if he isn't happy, and if they figure out a CBA.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting scenario!! I would almost think it a straight up deal? Murray is 24 years old and has shown he can play in the NFL. AR is 38 & has approximately 1-4 more years left. I think Murray would jump to MLB if he isn't happy, and if they figure out a CBA.
Wilson maybe, Murray no way.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And who does Brady go to almost all the time? Gronk. And he has Evans on top of it. Who did Stafford go to twice in a row and was wide open, the league leading Kupp. Rodgers tried forcing one to Adam’s late in a game and he choked a game away according to many.

You guys act like the best QBs don’t go to their best players in big moments. And even that one, after being pressured everytime they tried to protect and complete a longer developing play he would have had to hold it longer and wait for Lazard to clear the zone defender. He was not open when that ball was being thrown.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be the first to say u have a good point on "progressions". The 9ers disguised their coverage on Adams specifically the whole game. You expect a future hof qb to expect it, and that is what 12 did not do. He forced it plain and simple. AR's body language spoke volumes...as oldschool pointed to - not a leader. Thats what I see as well.

Members online

Latest posts