Do Packer Forum members/fans want AR to leave?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a passionate fan, do I want Rodgers to go? Nope

As a cold business decision, do I want Rodgers to go? Yes because I see no path for the team without absolutely destroying the cap at some point in the near future. Get the boatload of assets and move forward.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OP's posed questions made me think on something. I know for certain one thing I don't want him to do is retire. A rebuild post-Rodgers is so much easier to accomplish with draft pick equity from a trade, than just saving some money but zilch in return. That would suck.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I‘m not ready to enter a time warp back to the 70s, so I hope he stays. I don’t care about the portrait of him the media can’t resist trying to paint. I do wish he would get a haircut though.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do I want to move on from him, heck no. Do I think we should move on, yup. Two entirely different things.
I am very, very, very reluctant to admit that I feel like he has shown us over and over again that he just cannot win all the PO games to get us to another SB.
I am sure that any other Packers fans who may feel the same way would love to be proven wrong if he stays.

So if you are here next year Aaron, please prove me/us wrong!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am very, very, very reluctant to admit that I feel like he has shown us over and over again that he just cannot win all the PO games to get us to another SB.
I am sure that any other Packers fans who may feel the same way would love to be proven wrong if he stays.

I seem to recall Payton Manning having a rep for being a playoff flop as well for a long time.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordan Love had shown more promise then sure, I'd be in favor of moving on. Granted, Love hasn't played much yet, but he's shown me absolutely nothing to make me think he's "the guy" going forward. That doesn't mean Love can't get there, but I haven't seen much to give me hope. And I suspect the higher-ups in the organization feel the same or we wouldn't be hearing about how they're going to go "all in" and getting Rodgers back. So yes, I do want him back. I know we've had a lot of playoff disappointments, but there's a chance we won't have a hall of fame QB again in most of our lifetimes. Look at the Bears. They've been searching since Sid Luckman. So I think we should ride our HOF as long as he can play, or until we have an heir apparent who looks like the real deal.

packer steve

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YES LEAVE. He is a great QB but time is up and we will never have another chance to get 3 ist and 3 2nd round picks for two players like him and Adams. Trade them now and say we want to have the best defense in the league and take our chances. We would have money to get free agents and enough capo space to sign Alexander, Jenkins, Gary etc. time to move and believe it or not I think most Packers fans will be excited for next year and the future. The media thinks Packer fans will be pissed if he leaves but not the ones I talk to. The time is now to get as much of return as we can get so just trade them now.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hard to swallow. But??? Think of John Elway's last 2 years.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Jordan Love had shown more promise then sure, I'd be in favor of moving on. Granted, Love hasn't played much yet, but he's shown me absolutely nothing to make me think he's "the guy" going forward. That doesn't mean Love can't get there, but I haven't seen much to give me hope.
Did you see the Dallas game when Favre got hurt and went out and we got our first look at A-Rod?
A lot of fans talk favorably of that game because of what they saw he could do but I dunno what they saw because we lost it anyway and to me that is what mattered.

Funny thing is how much praise I see go towards A-Rod from that game which must have been forgotten by the time Favre left and Rodgers was getting ready to take over because fans hated him and would jeer and mock him loudly at practices they attended.

"Great game against the Cowboys. Oh. You're the new starting QB now? Well, F you!"

D

Deleted member 6794

Did you see the Dallas game when Favre got hurt and went out and we got our first look at A-Rod?
A lot of fans talk favorably of that game because of what they saw he could do but I dunno what they saw because we lost it anyway and to me that is what mattered.

Rodgers entered the game at Dallas down 27-10 and nearly brought the team back by completing 18 of 26 passes for 201 yards and a touchdown. On the other hand Favre struggled mightily in that game (5/14, 56 yards, 2 INTs).

It's ridiculous to criticize Rodgers for not winning that game.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Funny thing is how much praise I see go towards A-Rod from that game which must have been forgotten by the time Favre left and Rodgers was getting ready to take over because fans hated him and would jeer and mock him loudly at practices they attended.

"Great game against the Cowboys. Oh. You're the new starting QB now? Well, F you!"
I did see that game. Rodgers played much better than Favre, even if he couldn't bring us all the way back. But it matters less than what I think than what the higher-ups in the organization believe. They seemed to think that Rodgers was ready to take over for Favre in 2008, otherwise, they'd have welcomed Favre back when he unretired. LaFleur, Gute, Murphy, etc. see Love all the time in practice. They have a much better feel for where he is than we do. If they had the same confidence in Love that they did in Rodgers in 2008, they wouldn't be ready to offer Rodgers a lot of money to stay.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree...yet many fans here continue to deem success or failure of a season solely on only one game won or lost.
Had to bounce around a bit, but are you comparing a loss in a game an inexperienced AR entered way behind to one where a soon-to-be MVP started the game with a team that was 13-3? More to the point, are you comparing any single game to THE single game that eliminates the team from the only award that matters?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to bounce around a bit, but are you comparing a loss in a game an inexperienced AR entered way behind to one where a soon-to-be MVP started the game with a team that was 13-3? More to the point, are you comparing any single game to THE single game that eliminates the team from the only award that matters?

I was only double downing on the thought placing success or failure declarations of any kind based upon one game's performance is just naive IMO.

Judging Love off of still only one full game played (without a full normal week to prepare) is off base...
Declaring Gute and MLF a failure last three years because we didn't win the SB is off base...
Saying Rodgers sucks because of his playoff failures in past eleven years is off base...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, we did not lose that game because of Rodgers. We could not do much to stop the Cowboys that day. The INT in the end zone was a gift from Terrell Owens who should have easily caught the pass for a TD. Both teams were 10-1 at the time. But on paper we were overachievers that year coming off an 8-8 season whereas the Boys were expected to be up there. Alas, however, the GMen took both of us down in the playoffs. Ugh.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And who does Brady go to almost all the time? Gronk.

Not when he's not open!

You guys act like the best QBs don’t go to their best players in big moments. And even that one, after being pressured everytime they tried to protect and complete a longer developing play he would have had to hold it longer and wait for Lazard to clear the zone defender. He was not open when that ball was being thrown

A professional quarterback does not wait until the man is open to throw it. He throws it when he knows he's about to be open. It the case of what was hopefully his last play as a Packer, there is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not seeing Lazard wide open as well as there being zero excuse for throwing a prayer up to Adams when he was double-covered from the start and was never open by any stretch of the imagination.

Let me ask you a very real question. In your mind, has Aaron Rodgers EVER made a bad decision?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not when he's not open!

A professional quarterback does not wait until the man is open to throw it. He throws it when he knows he's about to be open. It the case of what was hopefully his last play as a Packer, there is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not seeing Lazard wide open as well as there being zero excuse for throwing a prayer up to Adams when he was double-covered from the start and was never open by any stretch of the imagination.

Let me ask you a very real question. In your mind, has Aaron Rodgers EVER made a bad decision?
Brady likes Godwin before he got hurt. And then Evans.

WNY PackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

@ScottKacsmar

Most 4th Quarter Comeback Wins, NFL History
1. Tom Brady - 51
2. Peyton Manning - 45
3. Ben Roethlisberger - 44
4. Drew Brees - 38
5. Dan Marino - 36
6. MATTHEW STAFFORD - 35
7. Johnny Unitas - 34 7. John Elway - 34 7. Matt Ryan - 34
10. Montana/Eli - 31
12. Favre/Rivers - 30
12:08 AM · Feb 14, 2022

I saw this out there today, why is Aaron Rodgers not up here? Does he not deliver, or is he and the Pack always winning?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this out there today, why is Aaron Rodgers not up here? Does he not deliver, or is he and the Pack always winning?
The short answer is "yes", with AR at the helm the Packers generally have a lead heading into the 4th. GB's record with AR as the QB is: 133-64-1. No stats to back it up, but I would guess the average point-differential in games with Aaron as QB is less than 5 so even though GB wins 2/3 of the games there are seldom huge blow-outs (which is one reason there are so many balding Packer fans).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

It the case of what was hopefully his last play as a Packer, there is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not seeing Lazard wide open as well as there being zero excuse for throwing a prayer up to Adams when he was double-covered from the start and was never open by any stretch of the imagination.

Rodgers made a terrible decision on the last play on offense vs. the Niners but it's completely ludicrous to want to run him out of town because of it. You will be in for a huge disappointment if you hold his successor to a similar standard.

@ScottKacsmar
Most 4th Quarter Comeback Wins, NFL History
1. Tom Brady - 51
2. Peyton Manning - 45
3. Ben Roethlisberger - 44
4. Drew Brees - 38
5. Dan Marino - 36
6. MATTHEW STAFFORD - 35
7. Johnny Unitas - 34 7. John Elway - 34 7. Matt Ryan - 34
10. Montana/Eli - 31
12. Favre/Rivers - 30
12:08 AM · Feb 14, 2022

The number of fourth quarter comebacks without putting it into any context is a terrible metric to evaluate a quarterback's performance.

GB's record with AR as the QB is: 133-64-1. No stats to back it up, but I would guess the average point-differential in games with Aaron as QB is less than 5 so even though GB wins 2/3 of the games there are seldom huge blow-outs (which is one reason there are so many balding Packer fans).

The Packers average point-differential in games Rodgers has started is a whopping +5.82. On the other hand that number is at -7.37 in the 19 contests he was out for since 2008.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main reason Rodgers doesn't have as many 4th quarter comebacks is because he has played with defenses that collapsed and couldn't hold a lead. No doubt he would have more if the defense didn't give up a score as soon as the offense put points on the board. Seemed like in the Capers/MM era, momemtum was something to be avoided.