Division round vs Niners 7:15 Saturday LFT

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was wearing some kind of protective thing. If it is as bad as they said a few weeks ago..that cold will hurt..even holding that frozen brick of a football can't feel too comfortable.

Greg Burzynski

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel that this years packers are different from the past teams in mindset. Mindset of dominance will win.
After watching the BUF/NE game you could tell players did not want to be in cold.
The cold plays a factor, we need to come out and fly around on defense, hit them so hard that it forces the cold into their souls!

Reaction score
Niners are going to play tough physical smashmouth football and try to run the ball down the Packers throats. This matchup is the worst one for the Packers of any NFC team. They beat the Packers in the cold in January 2014 so I doubt this year's team will be bothered by the cold any more than the Packers. Its going to come down to the Packers d line. Can they stop the run and force the Niners into making bad throws ?
The glaring difference in those matchups was this SF 49ers team is not as elite in both phases. In 2021 they are solid overall at 9th and 9th in points scored and points allowed.

However, The last beating we took they were 3rd in points scored.
In 2013 they were 2nd in points scored. Those teams were more like this years Tampa

I’m not saying we can’t lose, but if we show up and get contributions from several of these players that are back in the fold?
Bakhtiari
Meyers
Turner
Cobb
Z Smith
J Alexander
W Mercilus

That is a load right there of great talent (not good talent but good veterans).idc who beat who last time, Mercilus alone used to be a thorn in Brady’s butt every year. He would somehow find him every game there in NE.
I predict we win by 2+ scores. You’ll be a believer after this game. We’ve been playing wounded and knocking good teams around.

The only 2 teams that concern me are Tampa and the Bills

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The glaring difference in those matchups was this SF 49ers team is not as elite in both phases. In 2021 they are solid overall at 9th and 9th in points scored and points allowed.

However, The last beating we took they were 3rd in points scored.
In 2013 they were 2nd in points scored. Those teams were more like this years Tampa

I’m not saying we can’t lose, but if we show up and get contributions from several of these players that are back in the fold?
Bakhtiari
Meyers
Turner
Cobb
Z Smith
J Alexander
W Mercilus

That is a load right there of great talent (not good talent but good veterans).idc who beat who last time, Mercilus alone used to be a thorn in Brady’s butt every year. He would somehow find him every game there in NE.
I predict we win by 2+ scores. You’ll be a believer after this game. We’ve been playing wounded and knocking good teams around.

The only 2 teams that concern me are Tampa and the Bills

I 100% agree here, and I forgot about Mercilus.

These aren't just "starters", these are some REALLY good players....3 All Pros (J'Aire, Bahi, Zadarius) and some Pro Bowl caliber guys

It's not like we're just "returning starters", these are REALLY good players

Reaction score
Tampa might be just as good this year, but I think this Packer team has been a very slight edge behind 2020. However, our team is getting much healthier at the right time and I believe it will be slightly better this postseason.

GB needs to focus 100% on SF. I’m not overlooking 1 play with thrm I want them buried after we slowly and methodically dismember them first!

Sorry I get a little emotional with the 49ers! :whistling:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Tampa might be just as good this year, but I think this Packer team has been a very slight edge behind 2020. However, our team is getting much healthier at the right time and I believe it will be slightly better this postseason.

GB needs to focus 100% on SF. I’m not overlooking 1 play with thrm I want them buried after we slowly and methodically dismember them first!

Sorry I get a little emotional with the 49ers! :whistling:
Tampa isn't better than they were last year. They were just fortunate that they played the Michigan Wolverines in their first playoff game.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners are going to play tough physical smashmouth football and try to run the ball down the Packers throats. This matchup is the worst one for the Packers of any NFC team. They beat the Packers in the cold in January 2014 so I doubt this year's team will be bothered by the cold any more than the Packers. Its going to come down to the Packers d line. Can they stop the run and force the Niners into making bad throws ?
I have to agree. I can’t stand Dallas, but I was rooting for them. This 49ers team is hot and scary. I would rather play any other team next weekend.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the things that has always bothered me about this matchup is the identity of the two teams for the last decade. The 49ers are known to be physical and play smash mouth football with a great defense and power running game while the Packers since their last Superbowl have been known to be a very finesse team...the total opposite. People don't see us as a smash mouth team(they see us as SOFT) which I think is one of the many reasons why we've had a hard time making it back to the Superbowl. The Pack will have to be physical with them....kinda how they were earlier this season.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is a clown car w chief bozo at the helm. San Fran can run and pass effectively if 26 decides that he'd rather play back then cover Kittle. Jimmy statue cannot move well and the wolves are now all in the pen for green bay. Bring the rain and they will be all ours.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the things that has always bothered me about this matchup is the identity of the two teams for the last decade. The 49ers are known to be physical and play smash mouth football with a great defense and power running game while the Packers since their last Superbowl have been known to be a very finesse team...the total opposite. People don't see us as a smash mouth team(they see us as SOFT) which I think is one of the many reasons why we've had a hard time making it back to the Superbowl. The Pack will have to be physical with them....kinda how they were earlier this season.
I remember John Lynch when he played. He was a tough, physical player and he’s definitely instilled that mentality into his players.

Reaction score
Tampa isn't better than they were last year. They were just fortunate that they played the Michigan Wolverines in their first playoff game.
If you look at what I wrote I never said Tampa is better. I said they might be just as good. Their D is near identical. They’ll have a few missing components on Offense, but like Rodgers, Brady can make players look better than they are.

But yeah I agree with you they got an easy opponent. The Hurts led Eagles looked more like a 6-11 type team. I believe the Lions would’ve beat that Eagles performance

Last edited:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty hyped for the cavalry, especially our pass rush which should be nothing short of ferocious. That said, the key will be staying disciplined and not overrunning plays. You have to expect some misdirection with Deebo/others to throw our guys off balance.

ctfxcwatcher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Shanahan/Lafleur matchup again should be interesting. I just hope we don't find ourselves in a situation where we can't run the ball & Lafluer is forced to abandon the run again. Also wouldn't surprise me if their hurt players this game be back by Saturday. Atleast... I'm still expecting Bosa to play.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was the one team I didnt want to play. They want to run and use play action which wont give of much home field advantage. The key is going to be getting hot early. If our offense continues to struggle early and you let them get up on you we could be in trouble. This is a Dillon game for sure. Jones will have his chances but Dillon needs to be the lead back. Wear down their pass rush.

If I was a betting man I think our STs end our season. I hope Im wrong but the way this season has been on STs in the playoffs thats the type of thing that ends your season.

D

Deleted member 6794

We'll be favored to win this game. My guess is probably -5 or so. I still think the Niners are a bad matchup for us. Their running game can be extremely effective. I'm a bit concerned that Barry will rely on his shell defense and allow the Niners to gut us for yardage on the ground. I'd rather make Jimmy G beat us. Let's not repeat 2019.

I agree the Packers need to stop the run first and foremost and have Garropolo trying to beat them by throwing the ball. The defense needs to take out Kittle better than they have done with other tight ends this season as well.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What worries me is that Barry might have them playing too loose. And that he might use 3 man rushes. Both Tampa and SF got up early by long sustained drives. Don't want to see us kick off just to give up another long drive to start the game. And like everyone says, that SF run game looks pretty tough. Hoping Campbell and Barnes can stuff some of those runs early.

Latest posts