Ding ****! Zook is gone!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Word out of 1265 is they offered him an extension, but it turned out to be a fake and he fell for it.

Lawdog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodbye! The special teams unit looked sloppy and unprepared for every single special teams play that occurred in 2018.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
somebody else wrote this on one of these threads, but they were right, GB's special teams unit was probably the most disrespected unit in the entire league going back a long ways. You could tell by the things teams even attempted to do against us, they were probably laughing in the film room going, "hey, we should see if those suckers fall for this one". It was pretty pathetic. but we all knew that already.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't ever remember the Packers Special Teams being all that special during McCarthy's tenure, whether under Zook or Slocum.

Whomever the new ST coach is, I'll be happy if he can just get GB's special teams back to competent.

H

HardRightEdge

Not fumbling kicks and punts on a regular basis, not throwing illegal blocks on a regular basis, and missing something less than 4 FGs in any one game would be a big improvement. Nowhere to go but up.

Packers Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow that’s great news! We truly needed to make room for a ST coach that values discipline! We clearly needed to clean house on ST.
At least someone has some common sense.
Wow that’s great news! We truly needed to make room for a ST coach that values discipline! We clearly needed to clean house on ST.
At least someone has some common sense.

Maybe they will hire someone who knows how to teach what to do when a punt is waived away by a Packer returner and is bouncing around on the ground (ie don’t go standing next to it and see if it can take a weird bounce and hit you). ****, I’d have been cut by my Pop Warner team if I ever did that, yet the Packers did it almost WEEKLY!

Reaction score
I’m not sure this is good news, but it is relevant... the Packerforum just awarded ME as Special Teams Coach!
I’m just waiting on the salary details and hoping I can pick some of you forum pals as my staff! I need someone with some Fire for disciplining these guys.
Hows about....Carolina! :tup:

Members online

Latest posts