Diggs has MCL sprain, out at least two weeks, but.....

Reaction score
Coach MS did say it could even be a tear while talking with the reporters after the morning practice. But he did confirm that Diggs is out for at least two weeks. And another note, Thompson got injured, but it is not expected to be too serious. However, on a more positive note, MS did say he expected Poppinga to be back sometime next week. Man, I've heard of getting hit by the injury bug, but it looks like the Pack are getting hit with the injury plague. Hopefully, when the season starts, it won't be anything like what we have seen so far in camp.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No biggies yet, that's the main thing. I was relieved to hear that Diggs' injury won't require surgery, and it will be interesting to see some of these other LB's get some playing time.

I hate to see Joey Thomas missing so much time, because we need as many guys as possible to compete for that all-important 2nd CB spot.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
In all honestly Greg, the Thomas injury might be a blessing in disguise. Many reports have Hawkins looking excellent in the way he has played so far, so the injury might just provide Hawkins with more time to get some reps, and who knows, even start challenging for a second round spot. :D

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers: Good point. I might feel better about this thing if Hawkins passed up Carroll on the depth chart. My confidence in Carroll is still pretty close to zero. I'm waiting for him to prove otherwise.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts