Different QB ratings (and every other position)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly who, but someone had posted a while ago a new qb measurement, that was interesting, from FootballOutsiders.com, that measured much more than the basic QB Rating. I discarded it, by then, based on the fact that the FO ratings took into consideration sacks, but didn't the same with scrambling ability.

Well, I found one that does include rushing stats, as well as sacks, and pretty much everything.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

They don't say exactly HOW they graded every category, so it's up to discussion, but I liked their work, and thought it was worth sharing, if anyone haven't heard of it...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Rogers and Farve are having a hell of a season. Gotta give props to gramps. He is playing great this year even if he is a traitor ****** and had an easy season.

Thanks for sharing.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rogers and Farve are having a hell of a season. Gotta give props to gramps. He is playing great this year even if he is a traitor ****** and had an easy season.

Thanks for sharing.

As much as I hate him and as big of an a**wipe Favre is, he is having a great year. Keep in mind though that his late season downward spiral always starts at game 12 of the season.

Rodgers is having an incredible season. Not bad at all for someone in just their 2nd year of starting.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I had no intention of fueling the Favre vs. Rodgers debate, it wasn't the point of this thread.

I just had that FO.com ratings stuck in my mind, and kept searching for a qb rating that included both the sacks taken, as well as the rushing yards and tds. And this one is pretty good at it.

That site also shows Woodson as the best Defensive Player so far. They rate Barnett as our #2 best player.

But it's up to debate, because they don't show specifically how they concluded what they did (why Rodgers passing points is 33.0...)

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, gramps figured out just how much gas he would need to get through the regular season, and figured he'd have to skip that pesky preseason nonsense in order to get through.

Oh, and the dome. Notice how three of the top four spots are dome guys. Don't get me wrong, they're all damn good QB's. But climate control goes a long way in improving your rating when you're already a damn good QB. Especially if you're, say, 40, and you don't do so good in cold anymore.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Oh, and the dome. Notice how three of the top four spots are dome guys. Don't get me wrong, they're all damn good QB's. But climate control goes a long way in improving your rating when you're already a damn good QB. Especially if you're, say, 40, and you don't do so good in cold anymore.

Good point there.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those stats aren't up to date. Notably Jay Cutler has thrown 20 INTs not 18 & #4 has thrown 24 TDs not 21, 2874 pass yards not 2482. Couldn't find a refresh function anywhere. Good info though.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those stats aren't up to date. Notably Jay Cutler has thrown 20 INTs not 18 & #4 has thrown 24 TDs not 21, 2874 pass yards not 2482. Couldn't find a refresh function anywhere. Good info though.
Interesting... at NFL.COM Rodgers has 22 TDs. In there he has 23... They do say they anylize play by play, but missing TDs? And adding TDs?

I took at look at the NFL Gamebook, and their site just don't know how to count...

Well, that completely discredits their ranks... Their system is very good, but they have to get it right...

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find remarkable about Rodgers is the numbers he is putting up behind our less than stellar O line! :shock: ;)
Well, he does have amazing targets to throw to...

But I do agree with you. Also good to see that with the ammount of hits he has taken, he has been able to addapt his internal clock, and not completely lose it, like it so often happens when QBs lose their fate in their OL...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked to see David Garrad doing so well, where I didn't think the Jags were so hot this year.