1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Didn't see 1 "expert" choose the Packers to win

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mr. StyleZ, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Wasn't pretty but I'll take it... Jets were too cocky earlier in week, and our guys wanted it more.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I think 1 guy on inside the nfl picked the pack. Thats the only one I saw

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah, everyone on FOX sports picked the Jets.

But can you blame them?

Rodgers playing like crap, no running game, defense 5 players on IR, they coming off a bye, we coming off a very emotional game...

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Gotta say I really like what I'm seeing from this team. Players are stepping in for injured players. Guys like Peprah, Bishop, and even Howard Green did a fantastic job this week.

I think if McCarthy would just put some more faith in the running game, it'll open up the passing game more and get our offense going. Really think this team is going to get in a groove in the second half. Once that starts and a bye week to heal up will be great too.

5. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    I disagree, that was the best played game they've executed all year. They looked like an elite team today, I am extremely re-energized about our chances this year if we can perform this well with basically our second string. Now, prepare hard for next week, a classic "trap" game.

6. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Not even them, ESPN, NFL.com, Yahoo, CBS (that's like 20 people) all chose the Jets.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    I love when this happens!!! Sneak up from behind.....Pack attack!!!

Now they will all be back on the fanwagon for the Pack,...i'll have to see the NFL replay to see the game,..but I was just getting text updates!

8. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I picked them! :) haha. GO PACK GO!

9. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850

Yah...me too! I was just thinking... The better "experts" new we would win!!!!:biggrin:

10. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Who in their right mind wouldn't pick the Jets after what we've been through?

11. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I bet a lot of people who bet on this game are unhappy right now and probably cursing the Packers. I picked the Pack to win even though the odds seemed against us. I just see something in this team, their heart and spirit are resilient despite injuries. The experts went with the obvious, but they underestimated the Packers and overestimated the Jets. We know that now, some of us fans knew that all along. The Jets were simply overrated. People got impressed by a 5-1 start, it's easy to get misguided by statistics. Look at the Bears.

12. BBalzWI

BBalzWI Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I think it would've been a decent pick if it was an experts upset pick of the week. The history of Sanchez vs the Packers, you never know if our pass rush owns Sanchez and the running game is mediocre at best then the Packers would win.

Or if Rodgers had a lights out day and burned their blitz.

Turns out that Sanchez was meh and the running game didn't produce anything special. It was a hard-nosed football game. Reminded me more of a Raven vs Jets vs Steelers etc style game more than the Packers.

Props to our D today.:happy0005:

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    If it were last year, I would've picked the Packers every single time. We just matched well against them.

Yeah, their D was great. But our O was a monster.

And on D, like in this game, we were great against the run, and thrived against young QBs.

But with our team limping, playing poorly, and they coming off a bye?

14. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Nope, that was the "fan" pick...."Experts", lol!

15. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41
    Sterling Sharpe pick the Jets to win! He made the statement that when he picks the Pack to win.......they don't. So he wanted the Pack to win but picked the Jets!!!! lol Thanks Sterling!!:biggrin:

16. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Sterling is one of my favorites of all time. He was the biggest star when I started watching the Packs. The first biggest star, that is.

17. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    Well, I'm no "expert" but I picked them!