Did Aaron deserve the SB MVP?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Matthews had one great play(Maybe two if you count the batted pass). But he didn't record a single sack and quite frankly, didn't make a huge impact outside of the forced fumble. Rodgers made many great plays. And sure you can say the defense saved his rear end, but the fact of the matter is that for the first time in a while the offense was able to keep on scoring in the 4th quarter, which ultimately won us this game.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to be!

He was making plays and no one else no offense was stepping up!

The next person inline would have been an a defensive player.

My first pick would have been Colins. Woodson likely would have been MVP if he had been able to finish the game. Suck for both him and DD. So Glad they got a ring now!

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he did. His numbers were great, and most importantly he stepped up and put the team on his back when he needed to. He had a number of huge clutch plays and some beautiful throws. The defense did come up with big plays, but I don't think any one player really stood out as having an amazing performance. To me, Rodgers truly was our most valuable player and gave the most valuable performance on an individual level tonight.

He SHOULD have had an even better game if it weren't for all those drops. He easily could have over 400 yards and 4 TDS.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson was really good today, and had he hung onto a couple of those other throws and had 180+ he'd have had a shot. But when the QB goes for 300+ and 3 TDs and 0 INTs it is a no brainer. While Clay's play was arguably the play of the game Rodgers made a ton more plays. MVP and it's not even close.

It's not like 96 when Favre really had 2 great throws on the TDs to Freeman and Rison and was pretty mediocre the rest of the day. As I recall he barely completed 50% of his passes. You have to have an all-time type performance like Desmond to pull an MVP award away from the winning QB.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad it was him! It would of come down to the two QBs unless someone else stepped up something fierce. Aaron getting it meant that the Packers won and therefore I am happy with it! I'm happy for Aaron, his first SB and a win too!!!

Clay also had a great game, but then again, he always does. I think he makes a lot of "behind the scenes" plays that are as a unit, just as crucial as sacks.

Our D, save us that game in the end by stopping the Steelers on 3rd and 4th and 5. But if Aaron had never got us in the position to be in the lead to begin with, it wouldn't of mattered. Also credit 7 of those pts to the D with the pick 6!

In my opinion, they are ALL MVPs in some way. They played as a team. Not just Aaron, not just any single player but as a team. They have a lot to celebrate and a lot to look forward to.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
consider his numbers in addition to the key drops it was well deserved.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses and for helping me understand that it was well deserved.

Too bad there can't be more than one.
Frankly, I still feel like it was the Packers D that won the game.
No pick 6, no turnovers it would have been Stealers ball, me thinks.

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free to reply.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If our receivers hadn't dropped like 5-6 balls, the game would have been a blowout and Rodgers would have been considered to have had one of the best nights any QB has ever had in a SB. imo.

However, Defence Wins Championships. So Forget Farve is right too. Overall though Rodgers deserved it. He played great. Not his fault our receivers couldn't catch some balls. He put them in places where they were catchable.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If our receivers hadn't dropped like 5-6 balls, the game would have been a blowout and Rodgers would have been considered to have had one of the best nights any QB has ever had in a SB. imo.

However, Defence Win Championships. So Forget Farve is right too. Overall though Rodgers deserved it. He played great. Not his fault our receivers couldn't catch some balls. He put them in places where they were catchable.
That right there helps me understand to why it doesn't feel right for Aaron to have it.
It's not his fault for the dropped passes.
But since it's not his fault then he does get the MVP even though those dropped passes don't make him look any better.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no way that the Steelers should have been that close with 3 turnovers, all of which the Packer's O scored on.

The Packer's D, today, was bailed out by the offense and an excellent game by Aaron Rodgers. There is no question who the MVP of the game was, Rodgers. There is also no question that, if there was an MVP play, it would have to go to the last touchdown he threw. Without that TD, the Steelers win the game.

I'm not running down the defense- just today, I didn't see a dominating defense, on either side of the ball.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses and for helping me understand that it was well deserved.

Too bad there can't be more than one.
Frankly, I still feel like it was the Packers D that won the game.
No pick 6, no turnovers it would have been Stealers ball, me thinks.

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free to reply.

That's the rub right there. No turnovers for Aaron. Big Ben had 3, and all 3 of them resulted in 7 pts either immediately (the pick 6) or eventually as Aaron took his team to the house to capitalize. Also, 3 TD passes for him.

I would still say the D saved the game, but they needed Aaron getting the points to give them something to save.

Reaction score
That's the rub right there. No turnovers for Aaron. Big Ben had 3, and all 3 of them resulted in 7 pts either immediately (the pick 6) or eventually as Aaron took his team to the house to capitalize. Also, 3 TD passes for him.

I would still say the D saved the game, but they needed Aaron getting the points to give them something to save.

Big Ben had 2 but the point is he put them in a hole they could not get out of

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was soooooo awesome to see the Pack not trail at all.
Yup.
There they are.
The leaders of the Pack!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wait.
Oh silly me.
I just realized another thing Rodgers did that BrINT Fail couldn't do.
Beat a team on the Cowboys turf.
So of course he deserves the MVP!

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Im glad he got it, If he didnt i wanted jordy to lol. jordy came out to play today, dropped passes or not he came to play for real. i am so in love with our team ahahah!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers by far. If Bush would have caught that other INT at the end of the game he would have had a shot if it wasnt for Rodgers numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts