Dez Bryant is overrated

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought this and I found an interesting stat that backs it up...

in 83 games, Dez has 15 100 yard games
in 25 games, Odell Beckham has 15 100 yard games

Dez is overpaid and overrated.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It may be "thread worthy" but unless he was just signed by the Packers...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How about: "If the Packers signed Bryant in FA, would they be wasting their money?" :coffee:

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could say this about a lot of threads here. Get off your cherry picking high horse. We all have opinions.
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but what does this have to do with the Packers? I just don't understand the purpose of this thread.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but what does this have to do with the Packers? I just don't understand the purpose of this thread.

We just played Dallas? Duh?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
We just played Dallas? Duh?
But this thread is entirely about Bryant and not about the Packers - not even about Bryant's performance against the Packers.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd move it to the "other teams" forum but it would get quickly (& maybe justly) buried by the newsbot. We don't have any better options so here it stays.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I took away from this post is we can now spam the board each week after we play a team and have an X player is overrated thread for each player on the team. So that's what, 53 spam threads each week. Sounds good to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents.....if someone posts a thread that nobody has any interest in, its going to bury itself. Why split hairs and fret over a posted thread that may not be "all Packer related?" How many Packer threads get side tracked with discussions of Tom Brady or Uncle Bob's recollection of his days delivering papers while affixing football cards to his spokes?

I do realize there is a rule concerning this, just asking if that rule is or needs to be strictly followed?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I woulda said this is more of a smack talk section thread. I know that's not always visited, but that section to me was more designed for rants like this.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd move it to the "other teams" forum but it would get quickly (& maybe justly) buried by the newsbot. We don't have any better options so here it stays.

As Poppa San pointed out, it's really hard to get much talk going on a post in "other teams", since it just gets buried by the News Bot. I tried a post there a few months back, not one reply....yeah I know, who cares LOL

Personally, I would rather see a thread like this here on its own and not buried within a thread such as one concerning the Packer-Cowboy game and thus diluting that thread further. Or a thread talking about Packer WR's that turns branches off into Dez sucks rant.

Hard to run a perfect site, but the people who do this one do a great job and I only know that from what I see AND because I hear it all the time from fans of other teams who visit this site.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Those aren't the missing cookies from the 275 dozen I helped bake last week, are they?
I hope not or you owe my dentist some money for the broken filling :p They were those stale proverbial cookies for everyone to chew on

JP Doyal

AR12
Reaction score
What this thread has turned into....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
*grabs a seat* Puts out a plate of cookies..... I love staff "discussions" :coffee:
OK guys, did anyone see what was posted? Poppa San, you act like you're juggling the ball. Bill scratch your head like you have a bad migraine, LTF make it look like you're talking to the booth.....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

OK guys, did anyone see what was posted? Poppa San, you act like you're juggling the ball. Bill scratch your head like you have a bad migraine, LTF make it look like you're talking to the booth.....

I lost interest to be honest Croak.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought this and I found an interesting stat that backs it up...

in 83 games, Dez has 15 100 yard games
in 25 games, Odell Beckham has 15 100 yard games

Dez is overpaid and overrated.

So because Bryant isn't as good as the best WR in the NFL he's overrated?

Counting stats aren't a very good measure of relative worth, especially at a position like WR where soooo much depends on the QB. Dez was injured quite a bit this year (most likely due to holding out but who wants to go on record as saying ODB is the kind of guy that will never hold out?) but when Dez has been in he's had some of the worst QBs in the NFL throwing him the ball.

Prior to this season, Dez had three straight years of 1,200+ yards receiving and 12+ TDs. Julio Jones has never had 3 consecutive seasons of 1,000+ yards and Jones has had only one season with double digit TDs. On the surface Antonio Brown looks like he's had much better receiving yardage but that's mainly a function of the INSANE number of targets that Brown gets. Bryant actually averages more yards per reception than Brown.

So yes, if the bar is the best start of any WR in NFL history, then Dez doesn't really measure up.

Latest posts