Deep Bench

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Obviously not thrilled to see so many of our starters on the sidelines with injuries, but was pleasantly surprised to see the subs do so well today.

EDS: Getting under Suh's skin was huge. Need I say more? Hopefully, Sitton's knee is ok, but EDS held his own today.

DJ Smith: Wow. This guy can tackle. He hits hard. Open field... no problem. I like him. We sure need Bishop back, but I feel better about things in the case that he misses more games.

R. Francois: Less impressive than Smith, but played good enough. He looked better covering the receivers than Hawk, that's for sure.

Comments?

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely loved DJ Smiths performace, he can really tackle well, could possibly give some of the others on the defense a few lessons on tackling.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had heard during training camp that Francois was pretty good in coverage, and he proved it today. That interception was pretty.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was really impressed with the players that came in after the injuries today. Smith was great except for not attacking and getting caught in someone else's block on that TD run. I can not say enough about how each of them hung with their men in coverage. Bishop and Hawk are terrible in coverage. There is always serious separation. I think both those guys have calf injuries (bishop went into the game with a bad calf and probably just aggravated it). Being able to have a rotation now that includes all these guys will be huge. If the D can actually get coverage from the LB's the overall performance of the D will drastically improve.

EDS made it seem like Sitton was still in the game. Seamless transition. I hope Sitton didn't suffer an ACL though as he is probably the best lineman on the team IMO.

Saine is getting ready for a late season push. He is going to be the Starks of last year. Just another weapon.

Reaction score
Absolutely loved DJ Smiths performace, he can really tackle well, could possibly give some of the others on the defense a few lessons on tackling.

Great motor, always around the ball, knows how to drive ballcarriers back after making contact. Could end up being a nice player.

Flpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was very pleased with the backups. They came in and the d didnt seem to skip a beat. I had the pleasure of watching DJ Smith for 4 years at App State and I know he will be a good player. He knows how to hit hard and can wrap up. He still has some learning to do and he did seem to get lost a bit in pass coverage every once and a while. I really liked EDS! He blocked really well and was able to get to Sue as another poster said.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts